Big O and Manny Navarro interview SIAP

UMprodigy

Duke County Brah
Not a big Navarro fan but I think he brings up some good points.

talks about how offensive players didn’t respect manny coming in as “new head coach”

how you cant hire a rookie to coach at Miami at expect great results

manny seems to be driving the Mario bus

Big O does nothing but rip Mandy, pretty good listen

Advertisement
Both agreed Manny is in basically over his head. Said he was never really revered or respected by the offense and they never really bought in. Said the next coach needs to one with proven HC success in Power 5 ball, and we need to get out of the habit of promoting coordinators...
Also made a good point about today’s athletes being millennials with a “me first” mentality focusing on individualism instead of team, and that manny fueled that mentality with the turnover chain and touchdown ring crap.

Advertisement

talks about how offensive players didn’t respect manny coming in as “new head coach”

In other words basically saying same things you can find on multiple threads here.

Advertisement
Cliff.jpg

Cliff notes?

I listened to this and it's actually a pretty good listen for fans if you want to hear it. Navarro had pretty good insight on certain things like how difficult it is to win at a school like Miami if you don't know what you're doing. He was on the Cristobal train as well but him and Orlando were in agreement that it is unlikely that Cristobal would leave Oregon to come here now. Good stuff.

O was sounding off on the kids for celebrating on the sideline after Couch laced the LaTech returner trying to field the punt. Like why the **** are you celebrating a 15 yard penalty while getting shutout by LaTech? That's part of culture and individualism Manny helped foster with the Turnover Chain and rings. Mentioned Bandy jawing too.

Manny mentioned how dejected the defensive players looked after the game, but the kids on O didnt seem bothered by any of it. Said Playmaker was outside the locker room basically in tears and there were players nearby who seemed oblivious to the fact they were just embarrassed by a G5 school.

Hard to disagree with any of it.

Advertisement

Wait, so BigO and Mammary are not part of the "Cuban Mafia"?
Now I'm confused.

We are focused on celebrating, towels, dancing, gaudy jewelry , and turn over chains.
The focus was not on team but each man for himself. This does not make the team win.

We are trying to find our heart and soul.
Crying Michael does not affect this team.
Reality is how did I play, not the team.

The past is a memory that is fading.

What a **** shame for our beloved Canes?.
It hurts............really a **** of a lot.

Advertisement
O went on a tirade about our guys celebrating on the sidelines after that stupid *** PF on the return. Said JJ or Shnelly would’ve NEVER allowed players to do that crap on the sidelines esp while losing. Diazaster just looked the other way. These players we’re recruiting never grew up watching a winning Miami team. Everything is just folklore to them. No wonder they don’t have hesitations about going elsewhere

In a way... the fact that Navarro is saying the D plays for Manny, thats good news. Really the question becomes does the right OC get the O to rally? Just a little optimism, not getting my hopes up.

Advertisement
Back