Big 10 Media Rights

Was there a couple years ago to catch a Lions and Tigers game. 1st time there so I don’t have a baseline for what it was like, but I was pleasantly surprised. Never felt unsafe. Your typical city stuff. Absolutely can walk around now.

Caught some great seats at the Tiger game. Stadium was practically empty

View attachment 203599

Nice steakhouse if you ever go there. Prime and Proper

View attachment 203600
I moved away about 10 years ago and it was rundown with abandoned buildings everywhere. Entire family still lives there so I visit annually and I've witnessed a new city.

Advertisement
I moved away about 10 years ago and it was rundown with abandoned buildings everywhere. Entire family still lives there so I visit annually and I've witnessed a new city.
Worth going to Greektown? Still haven’t been there.

Says who?
Says ESPN most likely. THEY control the ability to negotiate. They can facilitate a move from the ACCN to the SECN ... and they can cut a deal to compensate the ACC for lost revenue from Clemson, FSU and UM. Right now all of the people who are WIRED IN ... who have contacts with the networks and the BIG 10 are all saying the same thing. The BIG media package is being negotiated and ESPN will have NO MORE Big 10 football or basketball games. Dan Patrick said ... what he is hearing ... is that the next move will be the SEC putting together a stronger SECN package to combat the Big 10 media programming ... by adding Miami, FSU and Clemson to the SEC, and possibly UNC as well. That has also been the "inside word" from at least 3 of the primary insiders on Canesinsight words to the effect "Clemson and UM are joined at the hip in getting out of the ACC and the SEC is where they will land". This is big business and all driven by media programming considerations not by "gee, I am Miami, I would like to join the Big 10". Radakovich is working hand in hand with the AD from Clemson ... it has been stated clearly that they are sharing information. Wouldn't think that this is too drawn out.

Advertisement
Back