Big 10 Finalized Media Rights Deal

Advertisement
I mean I'll say it's worth a short for them in order to try to force Cal into the B10 - but lets be real, if the situation is either UCLA in or out of the B10, they'd be complete ******* idiots to stop this.

Cal getting in to B12 (and Stanford but to lesser degree) is entirely dependent on just how much the B10 wants to dominate academically. Even then Cal is the final addition to the conference along with like Duke...

Real question. Why do academics matter whatsoever in *sports* conferences where sports teams’ performance, audiences, and marketability are the only factors for negotiating larger TV contracts?

F Peacock and Amazon. When games all go to streaming services I will just quit watching
tv station television GIF

Advertisement
So what does this add up to per school? I thought i heard they would be getting in the neighborhood of 100M per. if this deal includes the 2 new schools joining, it doesnt seem so

So what does this add up to per school? I thought i heard they would be getting in the neighborhood of 100M per. if this deal includes the 2 new schools joining, it doesnt seem so

Well. Does anyone know how much Maryland & Rutgers get since it's not full share??

Advertisement
Real question. Why do academics matter whatsoever in *sports* conferences where sports teams’ performance, audiences, and marketability are the only factors for negotiating larger TV contracts?
The B10 actually does research sharing of billions worth of funding. They also have basically had a requirement that members be AAU - which is basically an academic research organization.

Also this is assuming that some of these top academic schools wouldn't be good members to have athletically. ND, UNC, Duke, UVA all have stuff to add athletically and are top academic institutions with massive endowments. USC and UCLA are the same. Tell me what has UCLA done in football to make them so much better of an add than CAL, Stanford, etc? Cal actually probably produces more NFL talent tbh, and Stanford has had much more actual W/L success In the last 20yrs.

Advertisement
Back