Better Prospect: Brad Kaaya or Kevin Olsen

Advertisement
Im surprised how many people think Olsen is a better prospect.

I don't think you're giving Olsen enough credit.

Most of this is due to the luster wearing off since he committed last summer and due to injury had an underwhelming senior campaign.

Im surprised how many people think Olsen is a better prospect.

well Kaaya might be the better prospect. but you saying it's not even close is absurd and has people protecting "their guy". come on it is close. great quarterbacks. Olsen I think was the best pocket passer available last year. And I think he will win the job, Kaaya will push him and take over the same way. . . . Well I was gonna list some legends taking over from some legends taking over from legends. But I will refrain.

We're sitting pretty. And it is close

can we get a pick of Kaay's girl? Olsen's is heinous. That shows poor decision making. Seeing Kaaya's girl will give us a good comparison.

I only want champions.

Advertisement
Unless Coley is going to completely abandon the pro set offense that brought THE U 5 NCs, Kaaya will have to learn how to take snap from under center. I remember Block having that problem. Olsen comes in with it and is still mobile. I saw where Kaaya is working on that in off season wth a coach. That is good. I think he gets a couple years watching Kevin do. But it sure will be nice having him around in case we need to fire up the spread for a Berlin type comeback. I love the combo of these two. Olsen is game ready but still will get redshirt. Kaaya has huge upside and by redshirt junior year will be ready for Heisman type start. I just hope Coley understands that FSU's offense was why it hasn't won another NC--all glamor but no bling! I love Kaaya but not that excited about the other qbs he likes. We have rbs for running; qbs need to pass. We have pro caliber oline now and will have with Art, let's use it.

The honest answer here is "who knows"... until they both strap the pads on and compete on Greentree, we really will not know. We can talk in a forum but until he get out there and compete, its only a discussion.

Bigger change here is we will finally have some quality depth at the position. These guys will challenge each other and hopefully make for a better starter. Kind reminds of the Kosar / Testeverde then Walsh / Ericsson times.

Advertisement
Kaaya's progression's for a HS Junior are absolutely insane. Dude is throwing to his 3rd and 4th read regularly in his highlights. Shows a fantastic understanding of reading zones and plays in a fairly complicated offense in terms of reads from what I've seen.

Really need to see more on Kaaya (and refresh myself on Olsen), but Olsen had a little more playmaking ability from what I remember. Think his athleticism is being underrated some here as well, dude can take off and move the chains. Both look like incredibly smart players, Kaaya has a bit more physically while I feel Olsen has a bit more feel for the position at this stage.

I remember one of the issues with Golden when he was originally hired was his inability to get a decent QB at Temple, and in back to back seasons he's probably recruited 2 of the best QBs we've gotten in a decade. Should be fantastic to watch these two compete going forward.

If our offense explodes like it should, who knows what happens. HBK might be coleys guy but the best qb is the best qb. We will find out next spring if Kaaya becomes an EE

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I remember one of the issues with Golden when he was originally hired was his inability to get a decent QB at Temple, and in back to back seasons he's probably recruited 2 of the best QBs we've gotten in a decade. Should be fantastic to watch these two compete going forward.

That might have been an "issue" with nitpickers. But there aren't any good QBs who want to go to Temple. Ever. Recruiting QBs to UM is easy if you're a good recruiter, and The Don is a great recruiter.

Kaaya's progression's for a HS Junior are absolutely insane. Dude is throwing to his 3rd and 4th read regularly in his highlights. Shows a fantastic understanding of reading zones and plays in a fairly complicated offense in terms of reads from what I've seen.

Really need to see more on Kaaya (and refresh myself on Olsen), but Olsen had a little more playmaking ability from what I remember. Think his athleticism is being underrated some here as well, dude can take off and move the chains. Both look like incredibly smart players, Kaaya has a bit more physically while I feel Olsen has a bit more feel for the position at this stage.

Bearing in mind Kevin's brother is a 6'5" NFL TE who runs a 4.4 40 I suspect he's rather athletic.

For our sake, I hope it's Olsen because it would be really tough for a true freshman to lead us to more than 8 wins. I think Olsen will be better suited to start as a red-shirt freshman because he would having a year to learn the system. If his 1st year doesn't go well, them we could have a serious competition again.

completely discounts ryan williams who i believe has the best chance to be the starter next year and has elevated his game a lot.

Advertisement
For our sake, I hope it's Olsen because it would be really tough for a true freshman to lead us to more than 8 wins. I think Olsen will be better suited to start as a red-shirt freshman because he would having a year to learn the system. If his 1st year doesn't go well, them we could have a serious competition again.

completely discounts ryan williams who i believe has the best chance to be the starter next year and has elevated his game a lot.

Ryan Williams is smart, poised and accurate. With the squad that's coming next year on offense they will click easily so I give him the edge too

That might have been an "issue" with nitpickers. But there aren't any good QBs who want to go to Temple. Ever. Recruiting QBs to UM is easy if you're a good recruiter, and The Don is a great recruiter.

True, but the main point of that is Temple probably wins 10 games under Al if they had a competent QB to go along with their run game and defense, which goes more into evaluating than recruiting. It was just one of the primary notes on Golden issues at Temple from someone on their side of it, and even if it is UM, it's still not the easiest to get multiple high caliber QB commits.

As much as I want kaaya to be the one who excels I think Olsen will prove to be the better college quarterback ( or at least have a better career with more opportunities) I think he is more fluid in his motion and can escape the pocket If need be. Interesting to see them push each other for sure

Advertisement
Back