Better or worse for us. FSU or v tech win.

I'm going to pull for FSU. A VT loss puts us in the driver seat to win our division. When we beat FSU at home later in the season, that will take care of the recruiting battles.

Advertisement
Bunch of my family and friends are FSU alums, thank God they're not in-your-face ********. Daughter is a UF alum, thank God she doesn't care about sports cause I would have to put her up for adoption. I hate the Gaytors… reasons go back decades. Aside for the recruiting argument, I've always said a strong FSU is better for us all around. Our rivalry sucks if they suck, but some of the best games ever have been when they're on top.
Let the Noles win, so when we beat the shiit out of them it's all the sweeter.

When are we going to learn?? Any time FSU loses is great. Our biggest rival. We hate them - so simple...

Advertisement
It’s a win win situation.
FSU loses and all their hopes and dreams are crused. They likely fall apart like last season since they lack leadership. Half the fan base begins to question Taggart.
FSU wins, Vtech has a critical ACC loss and we’re in the drivers seat for a Clemson rematch. Then we get to beat their **** and MOAR Nole tears will shed because they thought they were actually a good team.

Last edited:
FSU hasn’t had a bad coaching hire in 40+ years and they’ve had too much fun while we had to deal without coker, Shannon, and golden.

Let them suffer. I want the bubbles to pop week 1

We beat Free shoes period.

Yes, I have a bias as I am flying out to the game. Going with two other friends and spending a grip of money in Miami for a week coming from California. But...

I think we get past LSU, start rolling again and rip-off 10 wins or more. We just start winning, and deal with Clemson when we have to.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
I'm going to pull for FSU. A VT loss puts us in the driver seat to win our division. When we beat FSU at home later in the season, that will take care of the recruiting battles.
You think 1 loss will hurt FSU in recruiting please. In order to have FSU's recruiting to be really damaged they need to lose at least 4-5 games. I hope FSU loses every game. If we can't beat VT we don't deserve to be Coastal champs

You think 1 loss will hurt FSU in recruiting please. In order to have FSU's recruiting to be really damaged they need to lose at least 4-5 games. I hope FSU loses every game. If we can't beat VT we don't deserve to be Coastal champs
No one thinks 1 loss would hurt FSU recruiting ( and don't understand how you came up with that interpretation), but as many on here have stated now and in the past it's always important for us to beat FSU any year to get a better in state recruiting angle

Providing we take care of business in the ACC this season, and I think we should, then this game won't affect our path to the ACC Championship game. If that's the case, then I always prefer an FSU loss... to anyone. Only way I'd root for FSU is if we were in a position where we absolutely needed them to win to make it to Charlotte. I'm hoping that's not where we find ourselves.

So, Go Hokies but if I'm betting this game, money would be on FSU.

Some disregard the importance of rankings, and how the polls (man or computer) work. Strength of schedule is big. Beating the ACC coastal teams isn't earth shattering maybe barring a strong VT. But beating a strong FSU is a statement, always has been.
The scenario that a bad FSU team helps our recruiting is questionable. A lot of south Fl. 4/5 star talent is lost to Bama, Clemson, SEC teams and other outside FL schools... there's no UM guarantees.
After losing the ND and UF rivalries, playing the Noles is a good thing... IMO.

Advertisement
Big picture, FSU losing and starting off the new coach era with an L is better for us. All we need to do to secure the coastal is beat V Tech, if that's not enough we have bigger issues.

Win win situation

FSU wins then they are highly ranked when we play them and could solidify our strength of schedule as a really solid win assuming they are a 9 win team this year or so. Also more importantly it would give va tech an acc loss.

If va tech wins then it’s a team beating FSU which is always great for Miami fans

Advertisement
No one thinks 1 loss would hurt FSU recruiting ( and don't understand how you came up with that interpretation), but as many on here have stated now and in the past it's always important for us to beat FSU any year to get a better in state recruiting angle
The fact that you want FSU to win made me come to that conclusion. VT, Miami, and Clemson are the toughest teams FSU is going to verse and it really isn't close. You want them to beat VT so now only Miami and Clemson are the hard teams. So you think the one loss to Miami is going to affect their recruiting? Do you think that two loses against Miami and Clemson are going to affect their recruiting?

REALITY CHECK: If FSU only lose to Miami and Clemson they will have a top 10 class and everyone will be talking about how Taggert is getting them back. FSU has to lose at least 4-5 games for them to be affected. If you want them to beat VT that becomes a lot less likely and they have huge recruiting momentum up until our game against them.

Most importantly, this will not only give them a win against one of the better teams, since it is the first game of the season and with the new staff, it will really help them with momentum and confidence in their staff. If they lose to VT they start to question everything and that might be exactly what teams like Syracuse and Louisville will need for some "upsets."

So overall, yes, I want FSU to lose every single game they play. I don't care about SOS and especially not with FSU. It will do us better every single year for FSU to lose 4-5 games compared to winning all except to us or even just losing a few games including us. They have to be mediocre not a 9-10 win team, regardless of the outcome against us

It’s a win win situation.
FSU loses and all their hopes and dreams are crused. They likely fall apart like last season since they lack leadership. Half the fan base begins to question Taggart.
FSU wins, Vtech has a critical ACC loss and we’re in the drivers seat for a Clemson rematch. Then we get to beat their **** and MOAR Nole tears will shed because they thought they were actually a good team.
One way to look at it.

Another is that if FSU loses, their season will then be defined by how well they play us. Same can be said for VaTech.

If it’s one thing I’ve learned about these rivalry games, be wary of a rival opponent with nothing to lose. They will pour their entire season into one game.

I’m honestly more concerned about having to play the loser than the winner of this game. VaTech could lose and basically our game against them in Blacksburg could become a game for their survival in the Coastal. If FSU loses, our game against them becomes a chance at redemption.

One way to look at it.

Another is that if FSU loses, their season will then be defined by how well they play us. Same can be said for VaTech.

If it’s one thing I’ve learned about these rivalry games, be wary of a rival opponent with nothing to lose. They will pour their entire season into one game.

I’m honestly more concerned about having to play the loser than the winner of this game. VaTech could lose and basically our game against them in Blacksburg could become a game for their survival in the Coastal. If FSU loses, our game against them becomes a chance at redemption.

With that mentality the best case scenario is for FSU to win because we play them first.
We crush FSU being ****y and having no idea what they’re walking into at Hard Rock. Then VTech loses all confidence after UM crushes a team that beat them earlier in the season. It’ll be hard for them to truly believe they have a chance. Especially, after the **** stomping last year when they had a better team.

It'd be interesting to go back to the FSU boards when we played Maryland to open the season. I believe that was Golden's first game. What was their consensus on that one since Maryland was then part of the Atlantic.

Advertisement
Back