Better or worse for us. FSU or v tech win.

Otowncane

5th year sophomore
Premium
I would usually want a loss FSU for recruiting purposes. Yet I think to get to the dance we must first win the coastal -hence a v tech loss is better. I know we take care of our own business we are ok but there are always hiccups. I think we beat FSU at home and we solve the recruiting issue. Going to Blacksburg late in season will be a challenge and rather have v tech w a loss going into that game. Reasonable thought out opinions appreciated.

Advertisement
we're good enough to win the coastal without fsu's help. i want taggart to be a perennial 8-4 to 9-3 coach so they can't fire him and fsu can slink into mediocrity for the foreseeable future. the only time it's acceptable to root for fsu is if they have nothing to play for and it will ruin the gators' season.

Advertisement
It's the first game of the season so who even knows if it will have any implication for us down the road. The ONLY time it is ever acceptable to root for F$U is if it is 100% certain that doing so will help us in some way, shape, or form. That is not the case in Week 1. I'm rooting for VTech.

toughest position ive been put in as a canes fan in awhile when it comes to who to root for...

ive always been of the mindset that i NEVER want a fsu or uf win. given that its so early in the season, and i cant know how the season will play out, im sure ill be pulling for VT. if this game were the end of the year, and an FSU win meant the difference between the coastal or not...then... well, im not even going to say it.

Advertisement
I’m of the mindset that we need to win the Coastal first before we can get to the other games we wish to win. That said, Va Tech losing in Week 1 accomplishes that task so I’ll be rooting for FSU. That way when we have them at Hard Rock in October, we can crush their will after they enter that game undefeated. It will surplant Taggert’s place as our ****** right out of the gate, plus it’s also means that the cobbling turkeys have an L already in ACC play.

Advertisement
After VaTech, FSU has a manegable schedule until they travel to HRS, and while a win would likely mean they are undefeated and ranked somewhere 12-15 by then, and likely another College Game Day at Miami, I just can't root for that. If it happens, I'll enjoy all the buzz and free publicity it brings to the program and kicking their asses in prime time, but I say let's just handle our business and let the chips fall where they may because of course, a Virginia tech win, and another over ND a few weeks later will mean another marquee match up against them later in the season.

Advertisement
Neither winning every game on our schedule is what’s best for us... I don’t care if FSU and VT both lose every game.

I HATE FSU. I want to see them die a slow painful death. I hate VT, but not as much as FSU. And, no matter which team wins or loses, there are positive implications for our team either way. So with that being said.....let FSU slowly burn and DIE. It's not so much trying to figure out which team winning is more positive for the Canes...every ******* time FSU gets stomped is a positive for me.

If FSU beats VT and VT beats us, VT is in the drivers seat. If VT beats FSU and we beat VT, we are in the drivers seat. So, how does it matter? There has to be some tie breakers and weird crap for it to even matter. For that reason I hope VT bloodies FSU.

Advertisement
Back