Better chance at flipping Cook or Sony.

hasena75

Junior
Since both are committed elsewhere who does everyone think we have a better chance at flipping.

We have been on Sony since the 8 th grade

Cooks brother is on the UM Basketball team......

Advertisement
Pretty sure the main factors in Sony's decision was fanfare and facilities. Soooo, Cook and it's not close.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not that it answers the question, but I'm thrilled with Yearby and Powell. If Michel or Cook flip to Miami, great, if not, I'm still going to sleep well.

How about getting Fournette.

I wouldnt be mad about losing Cook or Sony if we get this kid.

Not that it answers the question, but I'm thrilled with Yearby and Powell. If Michel or Cook flip to Miami, great, if not, I'm still going to sleep well.

I think the majority of the board feels this way. The two RBs we have now..we are thrilled with. We ALL would like to add Sony or Cook as well but if things don't fall that way then we still have two backs that pretty much anyone in the country would take

Advertisement
If you would have told me a year ago I would be thrilled with our class without Sony, Cook, Clark, and Lane I would have punched you in the face.

But I am. I'm thrilled with this class. That's why you don't determine our class a year or two in advance. Its bad business.

IMO

- Miami has a 10% chance of flipping Sony

- Miami has a 5% chance of flipping Cook

I think Dalvin Cook was never really interested in UM but I think since Sony Michel was once a Cane fan there may be a higher chance he can be persuaded over Cook... but both are highly unlikely.

If you would have told me a year ago I would be thrilled with our class without Sony, Cook, Clark, and Lane I would have punched you in the face.

But I am. I'm thrilled with this class. That's why you don't determine our class a year or two in advance. Its bad business.

Agreed. It makes their leaving better since we have studs committed at their positions. Obviously I'd love to flip them, but Yearby and Powell, Langham/Griffin and possibly Dixon, Berrios, etc, and Valentine make it easier to forget them.

When you add on that we got local beasts at nearly every other position, makes you feel great about the class.

Advertisement
I'll answer this question when I find out if Sony's brother successfully and quietly transfers from UMASS to UGA.

If today were NSD I would be happy with all of our commits plus Dixon and Berrios. We have a top 10 class and I don't believe there is cane fan that can realistically say they aren't satisfied. Our offense will continue to be deadly with the OL classes we keep bringing in.

Not to disrespect the OP (the topic has been discussed numerous times), but I've become more and more comfortable with the realitythat Michel or Cook won't be Hurricanes at the end. While I believe losing both is a colossal disappointment, ask any FSU fan what they thought of Yearby flipping to Miami. We'll be OK with or without then.

Change OC's or HC's at either school,bring in another higher rated player at his position,academically cannot
get in or major injury and watch these verbally committed change their tune.Long time till NSD.

Advertisement
Back