Bethune

Advertisement
Advertisement
I screamed I hate you shalalalaView attachment 84682

Gotta love the dumbasses in our "Fanbase". Then again, when your only tie to the University is athletics , you couldn't care less about the things that truly matter. Dr. Shalala did right by me and the thousands of alumni that attended the school during her tenure. She raised billions for the school and helped make my degree more valuable. She stood up for the school when it really mattered.

Advertisement
Gotta love the dumbasses in our "Fanbase". Then again, when your only tie to the University is athletics , you couldn't care less about the things that truly matter. Dr. Shalala did right by me and the thousands of alumni that attended the school during her tenure. She raised billions for the school and helped make my degree more valuable. She stood up for the school when it really mattered.

She raised over $4B for the school during her tenure.

I am also an alumni and former athlete for our school. shame on you what most of the student body knows. Yes she did wonders for fundraising and the academics but with all that money brought in she should’ve done more for athletics. Don’t get me started on our juco like facilities and living situations, coaches salaries and beyond when she was here. She should’ve done more for athletics and she knows it. Also investing in athletics would’ve been paid back ten fold cause who knows how better off for example our football team would be and the money being generated by them.

Advertisement
86494CA9-9147-4E17-908D-753623359219.jpeg
DB8C9168-56EF-4488-B71A-A81159949290.jpeg
10757CA4-907E-49C9-8709-8BF253E4862D.jpeg

Kids had a great time and were fully indoctrinated!
Scored a couple of free tix too as we walked up to will call. Fun night for all and fans for life, well at least Mark Light Shake fans anyway.

Semper Canes!!!

Injury report:
-McMahon tentatively slated to pitch next Monday against Wake. His first bullpen session is tomorrow
-McKendry is tentatively slated for the Friday game against Duke. His first bullpen will be next weekend
-Zamora is feeling better, and may swing for the first time tomorrow. No timetable for his return

Advertisement
I still couldn’t believe that guy who hit that bomb was hitting a whopping .083, the guy next to me asked me if we were reading that right. You could tell our pitcher was still mad about his fielding behind him before that shot. The bats are alive for us which is nice but man the team looks lost at times in the field. Seeing it live was an eye opener on how confused some of them are playing in the field. The look in their eyes and demeanor is troublesome.

Semper Canes!!!

I am also an alumni and former athlete for our school. shame on you what most of the student body knows. Yes she did wonders for fundraising and the academics but with all that money brought in she should’ve done more for athletics. Don’t get me started on our juco like facilities and living situations, coaches salaries and beyond when she was here. She should’ve done more for athletics and she knows it. Also investing in athletics would’ve been paid back ten fold cause who knows how better off for example our football team would be and the money being generated by them.

Let me guess, you don't know how collegiate fundraising works. Funds rarely if ever go into the general fund, they are earmarked for specific purposes. In other words, when I write my yearly check to the College of Arts and Sciences, the school can't spend that money on coaching salaries. What the athletic department raises or earns it gets to keep, period. That's the way it is at every school worth a ****. Your beef is with the BOT who failed to hold the athletic department accountable. That's THEIR job.

By the way, outside of application number boosts, there is no evidence that overvaluing athletics helps a school. In fact the opposite happens. Schools like Alabama, LSU and others are jokes academically because they over value athletics at the expense of everything else.

Last edited:
Let me guess, you don't know how collegiate fundraising works. Funds rarely if ever go into the general fund, they are earmarked for specific purposes. In other words, when I write my yearly check to the College of Arts and Sciences, the school can't spend that money on coaching salaries. What the athletic department raises or earns it gets to keep, period. That's the way it is at every school worth a ****. Your beef is with the BOT who failed to hold the athletic department accountable. That's THEIR job.

By the way, outside of application number boosts, there is no evidence that overvaluing athletics helps a school. In fact the opposite happens. Schools like Alabama, LSU and others are jokes academically because they over value athletics at the expense of everything else.

Say what you want but everyone knows when she was here she ran the school, including appropriating money to different departments. Let me ask you this, is the BOT different from when she was here? No!!! The heavy hitters at the same.
So gtfo with putting the responsibility on the BOT.
Oh yeah almost forgot, she made our degree more valuable? Never did I say to overvalue athletics or academics!!! And no, miami was a respected and world renown institution before she arrived.

Advertisement
Back