Bethune

Advertisement
Who starts on Wednesday? Maury (didn’t pitch) and Gates (an inning today) seem like the most likely options. Although it should be a bullpen game either way.

I'm very curious about that as well. Will be great to see GL, but I want a nice win going into final 2 ACC series.

UM

Good chance that they end up getting swept today. I don't think their RPI is going to drop all that much, but they're about to be in 11th place in the SEC at 9-15. That alone should keep them out of the tournament.

Good points Jagr.

Last year, Kentucky finished 34-22 with an RPI of 32, but they were 10th in the SEC at 13-17 and did not make the tournament. That is Florida this year.

Advertisement
RPI remains at 11 after the series. We lost the vast majority of our margin to relatively static UNC (they took the weekend off), so it appears we benefited from the teams below us hurting themselves. This morning’s RPI needs report said we needed to go 5-3 (now 4-3) to finish in the top 16. RPI shouldn’t be an issue going forward, it’s really a matter of getting enough ACC wins.

RPI remains at 11 after the series. We lost the vast majority of our margin to relatively static UNC (they took the weekend off), so it appears we benefited from the teams below us hurting themselves. This morning’s RPI needs report said we needed to go 5-3 (now 4-3) to finish in the top 16. RPI shouldn’t be an issue going forward, it’s really a matter of getting enough ACC wins.

Yep. Go 4-2 in ACC play and we'll be in great position. Wake and Duke have really improved though, so it will be tough. Both are top-50 teams and Duke in something like 11-2 in their last 13 ACC games.

Posted this in the injury thread but DiMare expects McMahon to throw Game 3 vs Wake and McKendry Game 1 vs Duke

Advertisement
But, I was told Uf had reinvented college baseball and they we're far and away the best program in the state....etc.,etc.
So, hypothetically speaking, if they miss the post season are they now a dumpster fire or just had an off year?

Hopefully dumpster fire.

So with UF possibly not making the tourney....does that make our series loss to them a bad loss?

Advertisement
So with UF possibly not making the tourney....does that make our series loss to them a bad loss?

At this point, I don't think that series will show up on the committee's radar. Our RPI is there, we just need to keep a top four finish within the ACC.

Advertisement
But, I was told Uf had reinvented college baseball and they were far and away the best program in the state....etc.,etc.
So, hypothetically speaking, if they miss the post season are they now a dumpster fire or just had an off year?

The Gator fans on the Board are heartbroken. Taking into consideration that the rules provide them with ~5 additional scholarships due to the scholarship differential, it is a glaring miss for the Gator.

Our teams in 2020 and 2021 are shaping up to be even better than than this year's team.

The Gator fans on the Board are heartbroken. Taking into consideration that the rules provide them with ~5 additional scholarships due to the scholarship differential, it is a glaring miss for the Gator.

Our teams in 2020 and 2021 are shaping up to be even better than than this year's team.

So maybe you don't have to take a year off from posting.

As discussed previously, if UF drops out of the top 50 RPI, it would help our Q1 record, but that doesn't look likely at this point (they are #32). On the other hand, if FSU ends up within the top 50 RPI, that would help our Q1 record (they are #53 now).

Advertisement
Back