Best remaining defenses on our schedule

Notre Lame probably has the best defense being as how they have actually played teams worth a ****.

hUh. Well, the mighty Fighting Celtics are about to play the ' meat ' of their schedule. dUh. The Men of Troy, North Carolina St., MIAMI, and then they finish the season at current Top 21 Stanford- and Senior Day is always a difficult game for a visiting team.

The bottom line: Those teams above would be difficult for ANY college football team to play. Well, Roll Tide and the Dawgs are the exception to the rule.:puzzled:

Advertisement
Notre Lame probably has the best defense being as how they have actually played teams worth a ****.

hUh. Well, the mighty Fighting Celtics are about to play the ' meat ' of their schedule. dUh. The Men of Troy, North Carolina St., MIAMI, and then they finish the season at current Top 21 Stanford- and Senior Day is always a difficult game for a visiting team.

The bottom line: Those teams above would be difficult for ANY college football team to play. Well, Roll Tide and the Dawgs are the exception to the rule.:puzzled:

Read it again. I was stating that they have already played teams worth a ****. Their stats didn't come from a schedule of Old Dominion, East Carolina, Delaware, and Boston College like VT.

To be fair, Virginia Tech's defensive numbers have been largely inflated due to a weak schedule that features Old Dominion, East Carolina, Delaware, and Boston College.

Against the only two teams they've played currently in the top 50 they've given up 27.5 points per game, 462 ypg total offense (278.5 passing/183.5 rushing).

Notre Dame has a slightly more impressive resume having beaten Michigan State, but I agree with the earlier post, UGA hadn't gotten rolling good and true freshman Fromm was forced to make his collegiate debut in South Bend.

hey man, boston college is elite. They beat Louisville and their hesiman qb... lol

To be fair, Virginia Tech's defensive numbers have been largely inflated due to a weak schedule that features Old Dominion, East Carolina, Delaware, and Boston College.

Against the only two teams they've played currently in the top 50 they've given up 27.5 points per game, 462 ypg total offense (278.5 passing/183.5 rushing).

Notre Dame has a slightly more impressive resume having beaten Michigan State, but I agree with the earlier post, UGA hadn't gotten rolling good and true freshman Fromm was forced to make his collegiate debut in South Bend.

Doesn't matter about VT - they do virtually every year and their defense is stingy.

ND is quietly creeping up the top 25. They are sneaky good.

VT gonna be a battle

We should all be hoping GT beats VT otherwise we could go 10-1 and not be in the ACC championship game

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Doesn't matter about VT - they do virtually every year and their defense is stingy.

ND is quietly creeping up the top 25. They are sneaky good.

I give Bud Foster credit, and in no way am I calling for a blow out, but no sir. It does matter. West Virginia gashed them for 592 yards. They can be beaten. There are holes in that defense. Same with ND. Both teams have looked really good against the garbage part of their schedule and very, very average against the decent teams, and both have losses to the good teams on their schedule. I'm not saying they're bad teams, or that it won'r be a dog fight. What I'm saying is for anyone that says we're only ranked 8th because teams above us have lost, you would also have to say that about VaTech and ND. They're not where they are based on the quality of their wins. They're there because they have fewer losses than the other schools around them.

TeamScoring DTotal DPassing DPassing EfficiencyRushing D3rd Down DRed zone DSacksTurnover Margin
Syracuse24.3 ppg (55th)351.9 ypg (38th)223.0 ypg (66th)(62nd)128.9 ypg (38th)24% (3rd)73% (23rd)1.4 (103rd)-2 (82nd)
North Carolina31.1 ppg (96th)460.9 ypg (113th)231.4 ypg (79th)(97th)229.4 ypg (114th)38% (71st)77% (36th)2.3 (51st)-3 (92nd)
Virginia Tech13.0 ppg (7th)320.2 ypg (23rd)198.3 ypg (37th)(21st)122.8 ypg (31st)25% (5th)75% (T-28th)2.0 (64th)+1 (47th)
Notre Dame16.8 ppg (15th)365.7 ypg (48th)231.2 ypg (78th)(27th)134.5 ypg (42nd)35% (48th)75% (T-28th)2.2 (54th)+7 (9th)
Virginia20.0 ppg (30th)312.8 ypg (18th)169.8 ypg (10th)(5th)143 ypg (53rd)27% (7th)57% (1st)2.7 (27th)+6 (15th)
Pittsburgh31.4 ppg (98th)444.7 ypg (106th)268.6 ypg (110th)(113th)176.1 ypg (86th)42% (95th)78% (42nd)1.3 (111th)+1 (53rd)

I was able to fix the formatting.

Rankings in parenthesis.

TeamScoring DTotal DPassing DPassing EfficiencyRushing D3rd Down DRed zone DSacksTurnover Margin
Syracuse24.3 ppg (55th)351.9 ypg (38th)223.0 ypg (66th)(62nd)128.9 ypg (38th)24% (3rd)73% (23rd)1.4 (103rd)-2 (82nd)
North Carolina31.1 ppg (96th)460.9 ypg (113th)231.4 ypg (79th)(97th)229.4 ypg (114th)38% (71st)77% (36th)2.3 (51st)-3 (92nd)
Virginia Tech13.0 ppg (7th)320.2 ypg (23rd)198.3 ypg (37th)(21st)122.8 ypg (31st)25% (5th)75% (T-28th)2.0 (64th)+1 (47th)
Notre Dame16.8 ppg (15th)365.7 ypg (48th)231.2 ypg (78th)(27th)134.5 ypg (42nd)35% (48th)75% (T-28th)2.2 (54th)+7 (9th)
Virginia20.0 ppg (30th)312.8 ypg (18th)169.8 ypg (10th)(5th)143 ypg (53rd)27% (7th)57% (1st)2.7 (27th)+6 (15th)
Pittsburgh31.4 ppg (98th)444.7 ypg (106th)268.6 ypg (110th)(113th)176.1 ypg (86th)42% (95th)78% (42nd)1.3 (111th)+1 (53rd)

I was able to fix the formatting.

Rankings in parenthesis.

Bless you sir.

Advertisement
Notre Dame and Va Tech have the mentality that they are superior to us explaining why they've had the edge lately...Hate to loose to these guys more than Gators or Noles.;..

I'm all for realism but we're in mid October undefeated so until someone beats us we're in the CFB hunt. Which is something 115 Schools can't say

I hope notre dame uses that running offense and rolls over USC and NC State before losing to us. Would diminish pac 12, clemsons potential win to NC State, and better win for us

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think we will be able to move the ball against both VT and ND.

The major issue is can we punch the ball in for TDs and not FGs. That will be the difference in whether we have to sweat out close games again or if we can win comfortably.

I am hoping we can figure something out. Especially in goal line situations.

VT is always a dogfight. Getting them at home helps, but as a team VT is probably our hardest game left.

I think we'll put up yards on ND, we just need to finish and put up 6 instead of 3 regularly.

Pitt and UNC are garbage right now, hopefully they stay that way when we play them.

I see one loss - two tops - left on the schedule.

NOT good if we go 1-2, at home, vs. SU, VT and ND.

Advertisement

The major issue is can we punch the ball in for TDs and not FGs. That will be the difference in whether we have to sweat out close games again or if we can win comfortably.

I’ve posted before about this but I’d like to see some Deejay Dallas in some goal line stuff. Some wildcat maybe? He looks dynamic with ball in his hands and was a QB in HS.

Okay so the formatting blows and I'm not smart enough to fix it.

Looks like we should roll UNC and Pitt pretty easily. Cuse has a surprisingly good passing D and their 3rd down D scares me based on how terrible we've been there.

Actually by the numbers, the defense that scares me the most based on where we've been struggling is - wait for it - Virginia.

UVA's DBs are legit. Some NFL talent there. Blanding and Thornhill in particular. The LB Kiser can play as well. I'm glad that Rosier will have several more games experience by the time we play them. If I'm Richt, I'd probably call a conservative game against the Hoos to limit the potential for turnovers.

I’ve posted before about this but I’d like to see some Deejay Dallas in some goal line stuff. Some wildcat maybe? He looks dynamic with ball in his hands and was a QB in HS.

In order to do true wildcat we have to have plays that utilize players in motion.
I don't see that really being an option any time soon, but who knows.

Advertisement
Vt’s defense is always tough and will make things confusing for Rosier. Thing is, our defense has to have a **** of a game that day.

Vt’s defense is always tough and will make things confusing for Rosier. Thing is, our defense has to have a **** of a game that day.

Or we can run the ball consistently as their DL tends to over persue. We have been able to defeat them recently because we have been able to run right at them and set the tone.

I think Homer will be the key to victory and our defense as you mention needs to be stout.

Encouraging sign that outside 2 of the first 3 possessions we dominated ga tech offense on a short week at that....

Advertisement
Back