Best recruit ever

Jessie Armstead one of our very own was the #1 player in the nation in 1988-89 class. At that time he was widely considered to be the best defensive player to ever come out of Texas. His list of high school accolades goes on and on.

I know sports stats weren't super exact back then, but Jessie accounted for 300+ tackles his senior year at Carter.

Advertisement
In person though... I had a front row seat to Michigan All American CB Leon Hall ending my football playing days. That's when I knew football wasn't worth it long term for me.

In person though... I had a front row seat to Michigan All American CB Leon Hall ending my football playing days. That's when I knew football wasn't worth it long term for me.
Honestly, I don't believe I ever touched the guy outside of a "good play." He was sooo, very, really much faster than me. He was a WR and CB, I was too small to play LB 6'2" 180 at the time, so they moved me to safety, by the time I'd turn with him, he easily had 5 yards on me. I couldn't even get the P.I. if I wanted to.

Advertisement
Better than Willie Williams??....No way...and I don't think better than Webster...and I've seen them all play.
Willie was an absolute stud. But Ernie was basically already the exact player that got drafted 10th overall by detroit when he was 17. Instinctual and complete disregard for anyone’s safety — his own included — when he made a hit. His brother was also disgusting.

Willie was an absolute stud. But Ernie was basically already the exact player that got drafted 10th overall by detroit when he was 17. Instinctual and complete disregard for anyone’s safety — his own included — when he made a hit. His brother was also disgusting.
I watched Ernie play....he played at some Christian School in Tally....I was living 2hrs away at that time...Huge difference between some small 2A school compared to Carol City and MNW competition wise.

same two answers for me. Went to school with Sean. Ernie is the filthiest high school linebacker I’ve ever seen (better than Willie)
I remember hearing stories about how they would hold Ernie out of practice because he’d injure his teammates, this was my sophomore year in highscool, he was a senior at north Florida Christian. When I played against him, he only played the first half of the game, I played qb, he played Middle lb everywhere I looked it seemed like he was there.

Roy Upchurch was pretty good too played against him in high school.

I played Against Lagarett Blunt as well, he was a beast in high school.

Played against Fred Rouse.

Y’all remember Bruce Johnson the 4 star corner? I caught a TD pass on him, back corner of the end zone in hs.

Advertisement
I remember hearing stories about how they would hold Ernie out of practice because he’d injure his teammates, this was my sophomore year in highscool, he was a senior at north Florida Christian. When I played against him, he only played the first half of the game, I played qb, he played Middle lb everywhere I looked it seemed like he was there.
Willie was alot better....Injure teammates??...that was the norm for Webster in HS and at GreenTree....Legendary Central Fl Coach Bill Gierke told me he never saw anything like Willie Williams....he said 1st time In his coaching career, that he couldn't adjust at halftime to a player....and Gierke coached Searcy, Copeland etc....his brother Skip coached Sapp and Merriweather....Willie broke Edgewaters QB arm on the 2nd play of the State Championship.

Willie was alot better....Injure teammates??...that was the norm for Webster in HS and at GreenTree....Legendary Central Fl Coach Bill Gierke told me he never saw anything like Willie Williams....he said 1st time In his coaching career, that he couldn't adjust at halftime to a player....and Gierke coached Searcy, Copeland etc....his brother Skip coached Sapp and Merriweather....Willie broke Edgewaters QB arm on the 2nd play of the State Championship.
I never saw willie play in hs, heard stories about him. Ernie is just the best I’ve seen, him and Sean T

I never saw willie play in hs, heard stories about him. Ernie is just the best I’ve seen, him and Sean T
Sean was a better RB than defensive player in HS....But Willie, Nate Webster and Wilbur Marshall were the 3 best HS defensive players I've ever seen in person....

I watched Ernie play....he played at some Christian School in Tally....I was living 2hrs away at that time...Huge difference between some small 2A school compared to Carol City and MNW competition wise.
Yea absolutely no comparison there on competition. I saw Willie play when he was at pace and the year before when he was at a correctional school (Palm bay? Bay point?) and he definitely took the soul out of some kids.

Advertisement
Yea absolutely no comparison there on competition. I saw Willie play when he was at pace and the year before when he was at a correctional school (Palm bay? Bay point?) and he definitely took the soul out of some kids.
That Carol City team with Willie, Kenny Phillips and Rick Jean was Nasty af....

Advertisement
Nate had 400+ tackles in his time at MNW....and that was playing at a time where there was ridiculous talent across the board in Dade.

Who’s the best HS football player you have ever seen? Film and or in person.
Duke Johnson , I went to school with him in 2012 , after I transferred from Miami central so I didn’t believe the hype… I saw one game in person and became a believer quick lol

There was a LB RB that came in the same time as Jesse Armstead to Miami that John Madden stated he could go straight to the NFL from high school as a #1 draft choice.

I cannot remember his name, help brothers

Advertisement
Back