Best passing defense in the country?

Syracuse is a team that run hurry up and thus compiles stats due to a large volume of plays. They are also very one dimensional. Sure, they're a passing team, but more of a dunk and dunk short passing game. I'm not that impressed with them, but by all means feel free to be. We shut them down, no question, and it was a great performance.

Dude, I'm fairly certain that Syracuse is actually all about the deep passing game. I know you're trying to walk yourself back from a silly first comment, but don't bury yourself deeper in the process.

Fairly confident, then I guess you're just completely wrong.

Syracuse isn't about the deep passing game at all.

Their two leading receivers, the same two with those gaudy reception numbers that were talked up prior to our game.

Yards Per Catch Ranking:

#246 Ishmael - 12.6 ypc
#371 Phillips - 10.0ypc

That is the very definition of a dunk and dink offense. They aren't a throwing it down the field team by any stretch of the imagination.

Toledo, almost every single one of their WR's averages higher than Syracuse by a pretty significant margin. Then again, you would already know that by the stats I posted above.

May have been confusion on my part. I'll admit to never looking deeply into Syracuse's game. I just know that we defended them by playing our free safety deeper than normal. I guess it was a poor assumption on my part.

With that said, I have a crazy suggestion and I'm not sure if you'll go for it, but have you ever considered communicating with others without being a complete a$$?

To be fair, you did say the following first.

"I know you're trying to walk yourself back from a silly first comment, but don't bury yourself deeper in the process."

No worries though, sometimes things don't come across text the way they would in real life. Perhaps I interpreted your comment unfairly.

Brock in his first reply was clearly being an ***. As usual, he's wrong, but par for the course for a guy who couldn't get laid in a ***** house if he tried.

Advertisement
Fascinating that we're the best passing defense in the country yet have not had a single holding penalty called against any of our opponents on a pass play.

And people said this secondary was weak. They said we lost too much. They said we would have to rely too much on Dean and Delaney. Rumph dropped his nuts on all of their faces.

Stats may show it but my eyes don't lie.
We need to take more of those INTS back for TD's. Or at least close to the redzone of the opposing team.
That is when I will say we have the best pass defense.

Whether we take them back for TD’s or not says nothing about our pass defense, those stats aren’t lying. You can’t be in the top 5 in that many pass defense categories and not be elite.

Elite is one thing. Best in the country is another thing.
I don't think we are there yet. Heck, I bet Manny and the team would tell you they are far from being there yet.

Just out of curiousity, who is better?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back