best case scenario for cfp

Advertisement
Miami has no shot at the playoffs. They need to beat NC State.
BYU is fun as **** to watch. Their offense is solid. I see them potentially crashing the playoffs.
Not seeing the playoffs this year either BUT really need to get to Charlotte. Even with a loss to Clemson again we get the Orange Bowl game which I would be happy with this year. Focus on NCState, and JUST KEEP WINNING and pray the China disease doesn't derail the team.

Did I say anything incorrect?

What has Manny Diaz shown in 2 years as a HC and more as a DC that makes you think he's in the mould of a CFP coach like Dabo, Saban or Ryan Day?
Give it a rest, Manny is doing just fine as he fills the holes or are you not paying attention?

I just don't see us getting in without beating Clemson. If we go 10-1, they will point to our "weak schedule" and how we got handle by the only good team we played (Clemson) in the OP's scenario. Miami doesn't get the benefit of the doubt the way SEC teams would. They will certainly choose a 2 loss SEC team as the 4th.

Advertisement
Although unlikely, that is a very interesting thought. If ND gets the honor and privilege of facing CU twice and we win out (a HUGE IF) then we might actually be in the discussion for the playoffs. That would be hysterical! Super unlikely, but this is 2020, so...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back