best case scenario for cfp

flyguy

Sophomore
everybody is worried about the acc championship. let Notre dame go get whooped twice by Clemson they are out. big 12 they are out. big 10 Ohio state is getting in.
sec Alabama. two sec teams are not getting in, whoever has to face Alabama in the sec championship will have 2 or more losses so who fills that last spot a 1 loss Miami or who elses ???? byu Cincinnati ???
assuming its Clemson Alabama Ohio state who fills that last spot if we win out. don't give me someone from the pac12 garbage they are not getting in

Advertisement
This dude talkin bout playoffs?

giphy.gif

everybody is worried about the acc championship. let Notre dame go get whooped twice by Clemson they are out. big 12 they are out. big 10 Ohio state is getting in.
sec Alabama. two sec teams are not getting in, whoever has to face Alabama in the sec championship will have 2 or more losses so who fills that last spot a 1 loss Miami or who elses ???? byu Cincinnati ???
assuming its Clemson Alabama Ohio state who fills that last spot if we win out. don't give me someone from the pac12 garbage they are not getting in
Do you seriously think the Canes are anywhere close to being a play off team? I see no way we should even be in the discussion

Advertisement
Under your scenario an undefeated Oregon team could get the fourth sport despite your posturing posting. However, I doubt Oregon wins out.

Notre Dame could beat Lawrence-less Clemson this Saturday, setting up a possible Clemson-ND rematch in the ACCG. Lawrence would give Clemson the edge in that game. Fly in the ointment is ND playing at BC and at UNC the two games following this week’s game with Clemson.

Undefeated Cincinnati could get that fourth spot. Can they beat UCF in Orlando?

Could be a one loss Wisconsin if they win out and then lose in the big 10 chip. Oregon lost a lot but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them run the table in their division so they’d have to be in consideration if that does happen.

Advertisement
I don’t get how Oregon would be worthy, have you seen their 6 games?
Stanford, @ WSU, UCLA, @ Oregon St., @ Cal then Washington. How the **** is that worthy of a playoff spot?

Advertisement

Miami has no shot at the playoffs. They need to beat NC State.
BYU is fun as **** to watch. Their offense is solid. I see them potentially crashing the playoffs.

Advertisement
In 2020, **** near anything is possible. Thanks to Covid, we see changes every week in both games played and performance. Changes in performance week to week is not that unusual but with games being postponed or even cancelled, performance could be impacted even more.

If we are 10-1, I really don't care if we make the playoffs. 10 and Fing 1 is a massive step in the right direction for the team. Win a bowl game, land an elite class, retain the kids looking at the NFL, and go for 15-0 in 2021.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back