best case scenario for cfp

Advertisement
Did I say anything incorrect?

What has Manny Diaz shown in 2 years as a HC and more as a DC that makes you think he's in the mould of a CFP coach like Dabo, Saban or Ryan Day?

You didn't say anything incorrect, you're just a crybaby and indicative of this fanbase as a whole. How bout, support the guy you got?

And also, what in the **** had Dabo Swinney shown halfway through Year 2 that he was in the mould of a CFP coach? Literally zero. Is Manny Diaz going to be a really good head coach? I have no idea. Odds say no, considering there's 130 FBS coaches and like 3 of them are elite. But you don't know either. So, if you're so much of a Miami Hurricane fan that you signed up for and post on an internet message board, is there huge harm in just supporting the guy you got? Or do you think non-stop, incessant *****ing is going to make a difference?

Advertisement
Manny is 5-1, even if it's not an impressive 5-1. So we can't **** on him until he loses a game or two because if he goes 10-1 or even 9-2, that's a pretty successful season considering last year...even then, an undefeated, conference champion Cincinnati would make the playoff over a 1 loss Miami team that did not even make its championship game

You didn't say anything incorrect, you're just a crybaby and indicative of this fanbase as a whole. How bout, support the guy you got?

And also, what in the **** had Dabo Swinney shown halfway through Year 2 that he was in the mould of a CFP coach? Literally zero. Is Manny Diaz going to be a really good head coach? I have no idea. Odds say no, considering there's 130 FBS coaches and like 3 of them are elite. But you don't know either. So, if you're so much of a Miami Hurricane fan that you signed up for and post on an internet message board, is there huge harm in just supporting the guy you got? Or do you think non-stop, incessant *****ing is going to make a difference?
How am I not supporting? Am I rooting for him to fail? Absolutely not.

Am I disappointed by his coaching hires/retains? Yes
Am I disappointed by the lack of accountability/culture of the team? Yes
Am I disappointed by our lack of preparation? Yes
Am I disappointed by his general nerdishness? Yes

You must be one of those "Yeahhhhhh we are 5-1, Canes are BACK".

Understand the product and the details yeah?

Can we just worry about Friday night? And beat the bye week for once.

The CFP is going to be even more of a shvtshow than it usually is. I just root for us to win each week. Whatever happens after that happens (shrug)

What has Manny Diaz shown in 2 years as a HC and more as a DC that makes you think he's in the mould of a CFP coach like Dabo, Saban or Ryan Day?
I have no idea what Manny is going to turn into. If anything. I root for this team to win, I don't care who is coaching.

And for the millionth time, Dabo was terrible at Clemson for like 4 years before he put it together. Actually year 4 was the boatrace by West Virginia in the bowl game. Hindsight is a great thing.

Advertisement
Would not hate to see an undefeated BYU or Cincy get in. Either add a little interesting diversity or shut up the G5 teams for good. Better than the cookie cutter playoff every year

First we need to win every game on our schedule. We get to the ACC Ship, then we need to win that game. I hope Clemmie loses to ND and then to someone else. We winn out and we can then proceed to beat ND for the ACC....

everybody is worried about the acc championship. let Notre dame go get whooped twice by Clemson they are out. big 12 they are out. big 10 Ohio state is getting in.
sec Alabama. two sec teams are not getting in, whoever has to face Alabama in the sec championship will have 2 or more losses so who fills that last spot a 1 loss Miami or who elses ???? byu Cincinnati ???
assuming its Clemson Alabama Ohio state who fills that last spot if we win out. don't give me someone from the pac12 garbage they are not getting in
UGA, Cincy, or Oregon if they go undefeated as well. Especially UGA.

Advertisement
I'm thinking an asteroid taking out 99/100ths of the United States, sparing only the Miami area, will be our best bet for making the playoffs. I'm not sure we'd win the title going up against FIU and FAU, though.

Well day hasn't won sh*t and it's taint he inherited a stable full of 4@5* and still hasn't won a title. Going by your criteria!! Dabo and saban didnt do what there doing in 2years either. Your argument is meaningless because diaz isn't goin any where.

uga cant they already have a loss to Alabama and could play them again in the sec championship and then have 2 losses they are prob out.
You're right, I forgot they would have to play Bama in the SEC Championship game. If UGA Wins out and upsets Bama in the SEC Championship game then I can see the committee putting Bama and UGA in the CFP.

Advertisement
If there's a year a Cincinnati or BYU gets in, it's this year.
I don’t understand this position. This year, neither of them are playing 1 P5 opponent all season. How does that qualify them over 1 or even 2 loss teams that are playing 10 game conference schedules?

we prob would get our butts kicked but we do have a shot at the cfp if we win out just need some help along the way

They really should just have Miami and notre dame play each other if we tie at the end of the season not have some computer decide crap

Advertisement
Back