Best and Worst O Lineman in Canes' History

Otto was a very good player at UM, but not a great one. He became a great one with an extra 60 lbs in the AFL. He's an all-timer in the pros, but people assume he was great in college. He was one of my favorites, just not a great college player.

My father saw him play and said essentially the same thing.

The best Canes offensive lineman I've seen is Dennis Harrah. Big, strong, nasty and athletic. He was quite tall for a guard, especially in that era, and I thought he played a bit tall to begin with. I expected he might have to move outside in the pros. That did not happen. He had a great career with the Rams.

The '70s featured many truly elite players sprinkled throughout the decade. Certainly more elite players than the current decade. It is one of the reasons the '70s was a heck of a lot more tolerable and even enjoyable than the won/loss record suggests.

Advertisement
And you think this is "fun"? Young man is giving his best in a tough situation. You are an a$$ for starting a thread like this. Welcome to the ignore list. Try to spend some time out of your third grade classroom
another Zion "nanny" ... LOL how many does he have ?

zion (1).jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
According to many on Canes Insight, Jim Otto was probably so good because he was from Wisconsin

Advertisement
The BEST Bryant McKinnie / Chris Myers / Leon Searcy / Winston pick em

The Worst: Since I'll never knock anyone who's put on the Cane uniform......

I have to go with the imaginary Pepe Sanchez who had numerous monikers while here;

"The Matador"( Not to be confused with our Matador); "The Turnstile"; "The Statue", "Charmin"; "The Turnpike", "The NorthWest Passage"; " The Wet Paper Bag" and The Broken Dam

Advertisement
Cool, so go ahead a bash the 18 year old kid for being the worst O-Lineman in Canes history all you want, it is very manly of you, and I am certain you now feel much better about yourself, but if he is the worse, what about the guys that he beat out for the starting job? I know, probably far too much logic for you to grasp. My apologies.
He can’t be the worst, just possibly the worst starter but he’s also 18 and playing. Who knows how bad it would have been if MIlo or Tommy Kennedy started.

So let me get this straight, the 2 worst offensive lineman we’ve had that were here for 4 years might be Zev Lumelski and Bar Milo?

Oyyyy Veyyy... My peoples aren’t helping the cause.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight, the 2 worst offensive lineman we’ve had that were here for 4 years might be Zev Lumelski and Bar Milo?

Oyyyy Veyyy... My peoples aren’t helping the cause.

Guess I was atoning for all the wrong things during Yom Kippur

The Dwayne Johnson and Ray Lewis cards from that set remain very valuable cards if graded high. PSA 10 of The Rock goes for a grand. Lewis about $400. Pretty crazy. Hard to find in good condition since they were a big sheet with perforated edges. Cool cards. The Warren Sapp goes for like a hundo or two, too.

Advertisement
Back