Best 2 Dt’s on the team

No he's not.

You say all kinds of silly a$$ ****.
You been doing it for years. THAT is why we say you're crazy.

We always have some player who's "best in the country" in your eyes, then they go undrafted.
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Advertisement
Those two have been impactful from the eye test but I didn't realize the numbers were that impressive. That kid JHH is a GUY! Our depth behind them is looking good as well. I cant wait to see our future at 3 tech. We have Elijah which is a freaky athlete and not to mention the best dt in the state coming in.
Our future at 3 tech? Want to take a peek? Well we have Jared Harrison Hunte who we're talking about already then we have Elijah Roberts who was my favorite of the 2020 class then coming in January we have a kid who IMVHO is the best 3 tech prospect I've seen in a very long time. Actually you could say that Taylor is the best overall DL prospect I have seen in a very long time. Taylor could literally dominate at every position on the DL. Yes he's that good.

Advertisement
I know Ford gets a bad rap on here because he doesn't do any of the glamour things. But he is key in stoping the run you need a stout guy that could hold the point and demand a double team that frees up guys like Nesta and JHH 1 on 1 to use their athleticism to make plays

Man Harrison hunte is leading the sack count for DTs and he gets less snaps than Ford and nesta. Imagine if he was a 45-50 snap count guy
These are the things that continues to bother me. Decisions that seems to come not soon enough like JHH starting over mediocre Ford.

Brooks and Flagg starting over Jennings and McClloud.

And our receiver room need to be totally re-evaluated.

The coaches need to step up their game by putting the best on the field and stop playing favorites. The coaches need to be held accountable as much as the guys they put in the games. At this point it’s not hard to figure out who’s not producing.

What happened to Miller?
Wasn't he on the brink of transferring last season after not getting enough PT but the fans believing he was the best DT on the team?
Why isn't he the 3rd guy on the field?
He played pretty well Saturday
The problem with getting them on the field together is both play a more pass rush 3-tech game. Neither is a space/block eater.

It's why Nesta is paired with Ford, who does eat blocks, and JHH is paired with Miller.

Pairing then on clear passing situations would be fine. Otherwise i would keep them apart unless we're playing an air raid type team that neglects the run.
Exactly , you need the big guys in there to eat space , I saw Miller push the c into the qb’s lap multiple times. One of the earlier sacks was because of him.

Playing nesta with hunte on early downs would be bad for run defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The problem with getting them on the field together is both play a more pass rush 3-tech game. Neither is a space/block eater.

It's why Nesta is paired with Ford, who does eat blocks, and JHH is paired with Miller.

Pairing then on clear passing situations would be fine. Otherwise i would keep them apart unless we're playing an air raid type team that neglects the run.
100% here. You can’t have 2 light DTs on the front because you will get ran on. What Miller and Ford do will not show up on the stat sheet but at this point the starting DTs should be Miller and Nesta because if Ford isn’t getting swallowed on a iso block he completely misses the ball carrier. Got the McCould vision going on.

Foh, Marvin Wilson isnt better than silvera(he’s been outplayed by Silvera the last 2 games vs FSU). And Slaton definitely ain’t better than him...

who gets drafted into the NFL higher at the end of the day?

Miller is playing better than Ford at their respective roles. Miller has some sticky hands in the backfield and gets the runner down effectively
JHH is the best NFL prospect on the entire roster. Guy is a freak show.
Would you be saying that if Greg was still playing? Just curious.

Silvera and JHH are a super great duo UNTIL they get gashed up the middle by a team that realizes neither can man the middle like Ford then CIS will claim they were overrated. RELAX. We have a great rotation and leave it as is. Ford has a job and he did it **** well against PITT. Hope he builds off that performance.

Ford isn’t better than Nesta at stopping the run either.

Advertisement
Ford isn’t better than Nesta at stopping the run either.
They do different things on the field. Asking nesta to do what Ford does(well or not) is a disservice to his talents. Why would we have a penetrator acting as a space eater. Thats NoD stuff

I never said Nesta was bad, I said he was a JAG. I said the way he was talked about on this board by some you’d think he was some legend. And if you dared to say anything negative about him his family would come after you on this board And they did LOL. I’m glad to see he’s playing better but it’s not like he’s dominating. In the same defense Willis had 18 TFLs, 4 sacks and 59 tackles in 11 games - That’s dominant. Nesta has 3 TFLs and a sack in 5 games in a defense built for DTs to eat. Again, I’m glad he’s a Cane and I’m glad he’s playing better but if were gonna get to that next level we need our better players dominating games and he’s not coming close.
Ford and Miller could be labled as JAG's but I don't think JAG applies to Nesta. I've seen him waay in the backfield making plays and also chasing plays 10 to 15 yards downfield to get in on the tackle. To me a JAG is a guy you don't see or hear about and I see Nesta a lot during the game. I dunno if he's elite or dominant but he's definitely at least a standout DT, which imo is a step above a JAG. He definitely flashes dominance at times.

Advertisement
Ford and Miller will continue to get snaps because Nesta and JHH play the same position. Since Jimmy Johnson installed a 4-3 here, there’s always been a 3 technique tackle who lines up between the guard and tackle on offense and a 1 technique who lines up between the center and guard on the opposite side. For every Warren Sapp, there’s a Pat Riley. For every William Joseph, there’s a Matt Walters. For every RJ McIntosh, there’s a Kendrick Norton. We might be able to see more of Harrison-Hunte and Silvera together if we can get a big enough lead to make the opponent one dimensional.

Ford and Miller could be labled as JAG's but I don't think JAG applies to Nesta. I've seen him waay in the backfield making plays and also chasing plays 10 to 15 yards downfield to get in on the tackle. To me a JAG is a guy you don't see or hear about and I see Nesta a lot during the game. I dunno if he's elite or dominant but he's definitely at least a standout DT, which imo is a step above a JAG. He definitely flashes dominance at times.
I don’t see dominance. JAG might be a bit strong but I’m basing that off of his top 50 ranking coming out. That’s a blue chip/elite player and ge hasn’t come close to that. A reminder of what a dominant DT looks like because I think we forgot.

Advertisement
Back