BERRIOS

Edelman is white. Berrios is also white. Therefore Berrios is as talented as Edelman.

I'm gonna have to see DNA evidence before I can endorse this.

Pretty sure Berrios is Puerto Rican

JESUS CHRIST....ahh last I checked Puerto Rican is not a Race.

There are Millions of white People in Latin America that are the descendants of Europeans settlers

Germans, Spanish, Irish, Italians...etc who have only married amongst themselves much like they do in the U.S
So just because they speak a language you don't understand doesn't at all make them of a different race.

As there are also Millions in Latin America that have African Heritage....even though they may speak
Spanish, Dutch, French or Portuguese etc..their race is still black ...get it? it doesn't change their race.

So to review, there is no such Race as "Puerto Rican", you are either white, Black, Indian, or a jumbled mix of those 3 races.

Advertisement
Berrios hasn't shown the elite quickness that I've seen from Edelman. Edelman shakes NFL defenders, Berrios gets tripped up by guys who play at Virginia.

I'm so tired of the myth that New England's WR's suck. Nobody would say that if they weren't white. Edelman is a nasty lil' slot WR that runs great routes. If he sucked then defenses would simply man him up and take him out of the game. That doesn't happen though. He still gets open in man. I've him embarrass DB's plenty of times.

Bill is a freakin' genius who doesn't let appearance or measureables influence who he signs to his football team. He selects guys that work hard, are fundamentally sound and can thrive within their system. Brady is no different.

Naw I disagree about they say the wr suck because they're white. They were saying they sucked with Troy Brown who was pretty good. Fans say they suck even with Gronk. Fans just don't know how good their players are especially with a great qb like Brady.

Bro, I hear people talk about how Brady/Patriots "even make short white WR's look good" all the time. Plenty of racial stereotyping goes on with fans and it's common belief that NE turns "little white guys" into studs. I hear it all the time. Never heard anything like that about their black players, ever.

Berrios hasn't shown the elite quickness that I've seen from Edelman. Edelman shakes NFL defenders, Berrios gets tripped up by guys who play at Virginia.

I'm so tired of the myth that New England's WR's suck. Nobody would say that if they weren't white. Edelman is a nasty lil' slot WR that runs great routes. If he sucked then defenses would simply man him up and take him out of the game. That doesn't happen though. He still gets open in man. I've him embarrass DB's plenty of times.

Bill is a freakin' genius who doesn't let appearance or measureables influence who he signs to his football team. He selects guys that work hard, are fundamentally sound and can thrive within their system. Brady is no different.

Naw I disagree about they say the wr suck because they're white. They were saying they sucked with Troy Brown who was pretty good. Fans say they suck even with Gronk. Fans just don't know how good their players are especially with a great qb like Brady.

Bro, I hear people talk about how Brady/Patriots "even make short white WR's look good" all the time. Plenty of racial stereotyping goes on with fans and it's common belief that NE turns "little white guys" into studs. I hear it all the time. Never heard anything like that about their black players, ever.
There's lots of racial stereotyping about Black QB's & there has been for a really long time especially in the NFL.

Teams are still wary of drafting Black QB's despite the success of some of the guys in the league... And often times Black QB's are hardly ever given credit for their intelligence or football IQ, it's always because they're "athletic" as to why they succeed.

There's lots of racial stereotyping about Black QB's & there has been for a really long time especially in the NFL.

Teams are still wary of drafting Black QB's despite the success of some of the guys in the league... And often times Black QB's are hardly ever given credit for their intelligence or football IQ, it's always because they're "athletic" as to why they succeed.

What's that got to do with the Patriots and their white WR's?

Maybe if they had some black players...

Advertisement
NE is smoke & mirrors. Edelman & Amendola are nothing but scat-backs playing WR, good YAC/RAC guys.

And ATL was manning their asses up, no respect for their lack of a vertical game...same way Denver D'd their @$$e$ up in the 2016 AFC Championship.

NE is smoke & mirrors. Edelman & Amendola are nothing but scat-backs playing WR, good YAC/RAC guys.

And ATL was manning their asses up, no respect for their lack of a vertical game...same way Denver D'd their @$$e$ up in the 2016 AFC Championship.
They still produced though..

NE doesn't have a vertical game. They dink and dunk your *** all the way up the field.

Advertisement

Maybe if they had some black players...

Touche'.

1st you have to have a QB that actually looks for open receivers. Most of the time Kaaya was locked in at the snap and didn't check off.

Berrios isn't the fastest but can cut on a dime and give you change. Got great hands, he's football smart, great team player and not afraid of collisions. Early last year I think he got dinged up and for a couple games it showed.

IMO... top 3 starting receiver

Advertisement

I'm pretty sure they have been saying Brady made all his receivers look good even when he had decent players like Troy Brown. Fans have been saying that when he had udfas like Kembrell Thompkins catching passes about 5have years ago. And too be fair outside of a few lone seasons he has made the players look good. I love Wes since he was kicking field goals with the phins but he didn't put up numbers until he went to NE. Then they replaced him with Edelman. It has nothing to do with race. Brady has been getting credit for everything since 2001. Too be honest, he deserves it. The only wr that got credit was Moss and they still say Brady saved his career.

Last edited:
At this point we have seen enough of BB to know what we have. He is a JAG. He never lived up to the hype. Receivers in college don't wait til their senior year to ball out. He probably will make the league, but he won't win anybody football games. He is a depth guy. I think I hyped him up to help cope with not getting Rudolph and Lane. I did like his video, but I was wrong on this one.

Advertisement
At this point we have seen enough of BB to know what we have. He is a JAG. He never lived up to the hype. Receivers in college don't wait til their senior year to ball out. He probably will make the league, but he won't win anybody football games. He is a depth guy. I think I hyped him up to help cope with not getting Rudolph and Lane. I did like his video, but I was wrong on this one.

Me too.

And outside of one decent season with rudolph both of those guys have been disappointments too

I'm not defending or sticking up for Rudolph, but he has been way more productive than berries. Look it up.

I was worried that from the recruiting template that Richt recruited at UGA he simply cared only about height looking for AJ Green in every 6'3 Wr.

The Patriots simply get ball players at every position. They do not look at a template. They look for guys who can be consistent and productive and smart. WE just notice the White Wr's but if you look at every position they get the miscast of the league. Many guys are system guys. The patriots look more for quickness and players who are relieable for Brady who can not run. Brady expects his players to know what he is thinking. So height becomes less important.

Berrios has he quickness and has the hands. We simply can not judge the kid based off of one drop vs FSU on a fade his freshman year. The kid was open by beating his man with speed strait up and dropped the ball.

I was encouraged that Richt took the wr's he did this class. Though they were by default sometimes you luck into judgements. Look at my cowboys. Wanted 4 other QB's before getting Prescott. These kids create mismatches and force a coach to get creative instead of simply trying to jump ball throws to 6'3 stiffs.

Advertisement
Back