BERRIOS

Honestly have seen enough of berrios. He can provide something in the slot but definitely not as an outside receiver. I think we have 3 slot receivers with higher ceilings than him on the roster including jeff Thomas , dionte Mullins and Mike Harley. Got to get your most dynamic players on the field at all times.

Give me
# 1Richards
# 2 cager(he's talented...225 now)
#3 as a slot Thomas/ Mullins/ Mike Harley /
#4 berrios
Wildcard -dallas

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who gives a **** what color he is?

Dude scored a sweet TD in our bowl game. I believe he is a lot better than he's played, but he needs to be utilized like the Pats do their smaller wr's.

Any he took a fuggin hellacious shot in scoring that TD and got up like a man. Good call by the previous poster that said he had no balls.

If our brain trust would learn to put in some crossing routes and actually instruct our QB to throw to that pattern BB would be a value add

Advertisement
Berrios hasn't shown the elite quickness that I've seen from Edelman. Edelman shakes NFL defenders, Berrios gets tripped up by guys who play at Virginia.

I'm so tired of the myth that New England's WR's suck. Nobody would say that if they weren't white. Edelman is a nasty lil' slot WR that runs great routes. If he sucked then defenses would simply man him up and take him out of the game. That doesn't happen though. He still gets open in man. I've him embarrass DB's plenty of times.

Bill is a freakin' genius who doesn't let appearance or measureables influence who he signs to his football team. He selects guys that work hard, are fundamentally sound and can thrive within their system. Brady is no different.

Berrios hasn't shown the elite quickness that I've seen from Edelman. Edelman shakes NFL defenders, Berrios gets tripped up by guys who play at Virginia.

I'm so tired of the myth that New England's WR's suck. Nobody would say that if they weren't white. Edelman is a nasty lil' slot WR that runs great routes. If he sucked then defenses would simply man him up and take him out of the game. That doesn't happen though. He still gets open in man. I've him embarrass DB's plenty of times.

Bill is a freakin' genius who doesn't let appearance or measureables influence who he signs to his football team. He selects guys that work hard, are fundamentally sound and can thrive within their system. Brady is no different.
Nobody actually thinks that NE's WR suck, but it's beyond obvious that they benefit greatly from playing with Brady...

It's not like people hype up their Black WR's & downplay the white ones, none of them are that highly rated... And last time I checked, Gronk is routinely talked about as the best TE in the league.

Would Edelman, Hogan or Amendola look as good with a different QB in another system? Well, obviously not, because Hogan & Amendola both played on other teams before they went to NE & neither one of them were ever anything more than average.

The same with Brandon Lafell, when he was with Carolina he was terrible, that one season he played with Brady he looked like a Pro Bowler.

I will say that I think berrios is improperly used. Go look at his film and you will see good things happen on the rare occasions we put him in the slot which he is built for

Last season that could've helped Kaaya out

I'm gonna have to see DNA evidence before I can endorse this.

Pretty sure Berrios is Puerto Rican

He's white and Puerto Rican

He's neither you fools. He's ******.

He could be a ****** Puerto Rican. He would still check the "white" box on census forms for race, then check the "Hispanic" box for ethnicity.

Juan Epstein

Advertisement

Nobody actually thinks that NE's WR suck, but it's beyond obvious that they benefit greatly from playing with Brady...

It's not like people hype up their Black WR's & downplay the white ones, none of them are that highly rated... And last time I checked, Gronk is routinely talked about as the best TE in the league.

Would Edelman, Hogan or Amendola look as good with a different QB in another system? Well, obviously not, because Hogan & Amendola both played on other teams before they went to NE & neither one of them were ever anything more than average.

The same with Brandon Lafell, when he was with Carolina he was terrible, that one season he played with Brady he looked like a Pro Bowler.

Wes Welker had 1000+ yards catching balls from Cassell. Danny Woodhead had over 1000 yards in San Diego. Edelman could succeed anywhere, as long as he's used in a similar fashion.

Some of it is on Brady, cause he's the one making the right throws, but a lot of it can be attributed to their well-oiled machine.

After watching NE put on a clinic with Edelman, Hogan and Amendola....anyone else feel we can utilize Berrios A LOT more on this team?
Hoping next year is his year to shine...

Tell me its not because Berrios happens to be WHITE!!...and you just like the scheme from the Pats...because you could have easily just as said Sanu or T Gaberial from the Falcons...because the way they use them in the slot is great too....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Funny how this all becomes about race.
As a die hard Canes fan, I come on here a lot on my free time to read up on the Canes and any new potential inside information. This is the first time I've ever written or started a thread for that matter. However, I've noticed a constant theme on here on this site- whenever someone doesn't like or agree with what Someone has to say or share, the initial reaction is to insult or make the whole thing be something it is NOT.
Personally, I happen to like Berrios and did think he was under utilized last year. If he can help us win more games so be it, but honestly I could care less who catches the ball or scores a TD, as long as he's a CANE! Stop bashing players who actually play for the U.

Last edited:
Edelman is white. Berrios is also white. Therefore Berrios is as talented as Edelman.

I'm gonna have to see DNA evidence before I can endorse this.

Pretty sure Berrios is Puerto Rican

"I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls. And also Puerto Ricans." -Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Can you imagine if Creflo Dollar said something like that?

Naw I disagree about they say the wr suck because they're white. They were saying they sucked with Troy Brown who was pretty good. Fans say they suck even with Gronk. Fans just don't know how good their players are especially with a great qb like Brady.

Advertisement
e6b0a710640defefd114eca9cb7c0dd0.jpg

Every time I see the Pats play I'm reminded of this tweet from the NC this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lulz at the 49ers hiring McDaniels or McDaniels taking that garbage job. McDaniels needs to be smart and stick around as long as Brady is there.

After watching NE put on a clinic with Edelman, Hogan and Amendola....anyone else feel we can utilize Berrios A LOT more on this team?
Hoping next year is his year to shine...

Utilize him how? By trotting a short white receiver out there? What the **** are you suggesting the staff does to utilize him like Edelman, Hogan, or Amendola?

Does anyone really believe any NFL franchise would draft Braxton Berrios?

I still have no idea why Berrios was lined up on the outside.

Has Richt ever given a reason as to why he isn't in the slot?

Advertisement
Back