Berrios

terdferguson

Junior
The game is on the line. There is nothing between him and the endzone except the punter AND the punter is being blocked. This guy loses that battle and gets tackled. By the freaking punter. Who was being blocked. Our offense couldn't do anything the second half, he absolutely has to score there. He ended up being bailed out on the 4th down play, but man that was real close to being a disastrous play by this guy.

Advertisement
Somewhat agree, but I am more concerned about his dropped pass that would have given us a first down. I don't think we scored in that drive. And I believe that dropped pass put us in a third and long situation eventually.

He dropped a big pass in 2014, too.

The game is on the line. There is nothing between him and the endzone except the punter AND the punter is being blocked. This guy loses that battle and gets tackled. By the freaking punter. Who was being blocked. Our offense couldn't do anything the second half, he absolutely has to score there. He ended up being bailed out on the 4th down play, but man that was real close to being a disastrous play by this guy.

Funnier than an oversized hat.

Who haven't we given a dedicated thread to yet? Dallas Crawford's coming soon? He's gotta be the caboose.

It actually helped us he didn't score I think

FSU would have had a few minutes to drive down and score.
We scored a touchdown anyways to try and tie. But failed on the pat

Somewhat agree, but I am more concerned about his dropped pass that would have given us a first down. I don't think we scored in that drive. And I believe that dropped pass put us in a third and long situation eventually.

He dropped a big pass in 2014, too.

All that is a concern. He's got some nice raw material but isn't much of a gamer.

Advertisement

If he would've scored, there would've been people on here complaining that he scored too soon and that he should've fallen down at the 1 yard line to run clock.

Wish he would just disappear. Somehow he's become one of the faces of this team. Sucks because he seems like a nice kid but if you can't catch footballs or score touchdowns you shouldn't be here.

Just my opinion, but even if you don't have the kid returning punts the entire game, at that juncture of the game, Elder should have been back there.

Advertisement
You guys kill me man... when we need a big play he stepped up! He got us to the 20 and we went in and scored. You guys act like football is some easy ****... when those bodies start flying you all talk a lot but I wanna see what some of you would do. I can tell slot of you got ***** in ya heart from the stuff that gets posted here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it didn't.

If he had scored, maybe that saves some time to get another series of downs on defense (assuming the XP would've still been blocked).

No, it didn't.

If he had scored, maybe that saves some time to get another series of downs on defense (assuming the XP would've still been blocked).
It's here say man. We don't know

But blaming berrios for not scoring when we scored on that drive is dumb

It's not his fault. We couldn't execute a pat is what did us in

Advertisement
You guys kill me man... when we need a big play he stepped up! He got us to the 20 and we went in and scored. You guys act like football is some easy ****... when those bodies start flying you all talk a lot but I wanna see what some of you would do. I can tell slot of you got **** in ya heart from the stuff that gets posted here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didnt step up in a big game like I would have wanted BUT that was a BIG play. HUGE play and if we had won people would have looked back on that PR as the play of the game.

Need more from him though. We clearly have no one after Richards, Coley and him that we can trust. Playbook aside..I dont see why we are not getting Mullins any looks. Just for a few plays that he DOES know. Cant hurt.

Man, I hear you but that was a good return. Most people would call that stepping up and making a big play.

Yes, he could have (and probably should've) housed it. That's the one alternative on the good side.

But he also could have fumbled the catch. He could have done a fair catch. He could have gone backwards and lost yards trying to make a play. And he could have had a shorter return. Let's be real, looking at this play alone, he did almost as well as possible. This is not the play to call him out on. Wtf.

No, it didn't.

Those are a lot of if's. We needed a big play. He made one. We scored shortly after.

Literally one of the dumber threads I've read.

Advertisement

No, it didn't.

In the end, Berrios play didn't affect the outcome of the game, but that's not the point. Do you understand statistics and odds? It's really simple. By not defeating the punter and scoring on that play, he drastically reduced our odds of winning the game. Therefore it makes it a bad play and missed opportunity. Period. Our offense had 60 yards in the second half up to that point. We ended up stalling and facing a 4th and long with the game on the line. It worked out, but no rationale human being with a functioning brain can sit here and say they'd rather face 4th and long with low odds of scoring than just have Berrios run by the punter and high step into the endzone.

Berrios play to me is just kind of a microcosm of the team as a whole. Somebody has to step up and make a play to win the game. We keep "almost" beating fsu. But in the end they make the extra play to win and we don't. Back in the day, Derrick Brooks said "we thought we were going to win but Miami knew they were going to win." Now it's the exact opposite.

No clue why Corn is not punt returner. We would be 5-0 right now.

No, it didn't.

In the end, Berrios play didn't affect the outcome of the game, but that's not the point. Do you understand statistics and odds? It's really simple. By not defeating the punter and scoring on that play, he drastically reduced our odds of winning the game. Therefore it makes it a bad play and missed opportunity. Period. Our offense had 60 yards in the second half up to that point. We ended up stalling and facing a 4th and long with the game on the line. It worked out, but no rationale human being with a functioning brain can sit here and say they'd rather face 4th and long with low odds of scoring than just have Berrios run by the punter and high step into the endzone.

Berrios play to me is just kind of a microcosm of the team as a whole. Somebody has to step up and make a play to win the game. We keep "almost" beating fsu. But in the end they make the extra play to win and we don't. Back in the day, Derrick Brooks said "we thought we were going to win but Miami knew they were going to win." Now it's the exact opposite.
Since we're playing that game

How much did berrios punt return help our chances to win rather than let's say if he returned it for the National average?

It was a great play. He got us to the 16 yard line on a great cut

Without him making that play I have no confidence we would have even scored again

You are crazy to knock the play as hurting us and not understand that it was a play that helped us.

Advertisement
Back