Berrios better than Coley, Dorsett, Waters, and Lewis?

PGCountySoulCane

Freshman
Is there some reason he plays more snaps and gets more looks than they do? I'm specifically talking about Malcolm, Herb and Stacy. I know the kid is good, but is he THAT good that Herb Waters needs to sit, or that Malcolm gets his snaps reduced? I get that he and Kaaya are besties and so there will be some looks where Brad just kinda looks his way first, that happens. The same thing happened with Morris and Hurns. The difference was that Allen was the best WR on our squad, Berrios, while very good, is not.

Maybe I'm seeing something that really isn't there, but as talented as Berrios is, he's not better than Malcolm or Herb IMHO.

Advertisement
I agree. I have been wondering it each game. He had 5 plays called for him in one of the first three games (ark st?) within the half. I wonder where Al's upperclassmen loyalty program is in this instance.

He's better than malc IMO. He might not be the best wr on the team but he's the easiest to throw to. Come and gets the ball, makes a window to find him. That kind of stuff goes along way with freshman qb.

Had he not dropped that 3rd down ball, he's clearly been our 2nd best receiver this year. Dorsett had drops all sophomore year. Coley had some struggles last year. **** happens

The short of it, IMO, is yes, he is that good.

Berrios has the best hands on the team. Kaaya already trusts him.

Yes I know he dropped a 3rd down opportunity vs Nebraska. His drops will be very few and far between. Great hands.

Is there some reason he plays more snaps and gets more looks than they do? I'm specifically talking about Malcolm, Herb and Stacy. I know the kid is good, but is he THAT good that Herb Waters needs to sit, or that Malcolm gets his snaps reduced? I get that he and Kaaya are besties and so there will be some looks where Brad just kinda looks his way first, that happens. The same thing happened with Morris and Hurns. The difference was that Allen was the best WR on our squad, Berrios, while very good, is not.

Maybe I'm seeing something that really isn't there, but as talented as Berrios is, he's not better than Malcolm or Herb IMHO.

Advertisement
Berrios likely has the best hands and the best quickness. His success this far does not surprise me. Barring injury, I think he will leave here with records for reception. Yes, I think he's that good.

I woudnt say he is better then them. i really believer they put him in position to succeed in this offense. you keep giving S. Coley Screens and Dorsett Long balls. it doesnt show their versatility. they line berrios and the slot and he great at it. he runs across the middle, out routes, downfield everything. I honestly believe Waters is our best receiver but he has received little to no play time.no idea why.

Berrios is Kaaya's dude. I don't see that changing anytime soon...

Come to think of it, we haven't had a great slot receiver since Thearon Collier. (Malcolm Lewis was headed there until he was injured in the Georgia Tech game.)

Advertisement
I think many fans miss the big picture when talking about receiver play... Berrios is the only one of the 3 that will run block. The staff is rewarding him over the others due to his effort in that category. Any receiver at Miami can make a play in the air, but what do you do when we're trying to pound on the ground matters even more with this offense. 'Gotta block to get the rock'

Give it on more year. Berrios will crash back down to Earth. Miami has become the Freshman All American school. We produce a lot of F.A.A. and then they dont do ****. lol

Advertisement
Berrios is Kaaya's dude. I don't see that changing anytime soon...

Come to think of it, we haven't had a great slot receiver since Thearon Collier. (Malcolm Lewis was headed there until he was injured in the Georgia Tech game.)

This.

Berrios is clearly talented but Kaaya looks right to him when he's in trouble. Anyone that followed their recruitment knows they were extremely close through the process. Knowing the way they compete I wouldn't be surprised if they were working together a year ago when they were able. He will get better with other guys, but in a jumbled receiving group their chemistry is clear.

I woudnt say he is better then them. i really believer they put him in position to succeed in this offense. you keep giving S. Coley Screens and Dorsett Long balls. it doesnt show their versatility. they line berrios and the slot and he great at it. he runs across the middle, out routes, downfield everything. I honestly believe Waters is our best receiver but he has received little to no play time.no idea why.

exactly we dont use our talent to its full potential, Hurns is starting for the jags and all he ever did here was run 10 yard outs.

Advertisement
I think many fans miss the big picture when talking about receiver play... Berrios is the only one of the 3 that will run block. The staff is rewarding him over the others due to his effort in that category. Any receiver at Miami can make a play in the air, but what do you do when we're trying to pound on the ground matters even more with this offense. 'Gotta block to get the rock'

I was with you til run block i think they all do that exceptionally well.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411498500.203445.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411498516.835853.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411498528.337057.jpg

exactly we dont use our talent to its full potential, Hurns is starting for the jags and all he ever did here was run 10 yard outs.

Me thinks you exaggerate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Vqq2Eyhus

Do you guys think he gets the playing time because he does things the others can't or don't do on an consisted basis. He can get seperation, he attacks the ball in the air and he finds the openings the defense. Brad Kaaya has 7 ints 2 of which is because some of our receivers or TE's refused to make plays on a ball that is not perfectly thrown to them. I am starting to believe that some of our issues are lack of effort be it offense or defense.

He's better than malc IMO. He might not be the best wr on the team but he's the easiest to throw to. Come and gets the ball, makes a window to find him. That kind of stuff goes along way with freshman qb.

Had he not dropped that 3rd down ball, he's clearly been our 2nd best receiver this year. Dorsett had drops all sophomore year. Coley had some struggles last year. **** happens

The short of it, IMO, is yes, he is that good.

BS, Malcolm is the best WR on this team. He hasn't dropped any passes yet. Berrios dropped a very critical 1st down. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think Berrios is good and will be awesome but Malcolm is the best on this team IMO.

Advertisement
Back