Bennie Blades- The legend

Advertisement
Golden is ridiculous. Never seen a coach deflect so much criticism and not to think for one second that it is justified

@AKuperstein: Blades says he had lunch w/Golden "His whole thing is, these kids dont have the heart we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and 00's"

Might be true considering a player from last year team said players had to be persuaded to play hard.. But still

Golden is ridiculous. Never seen a coach deflect so much criticism and not to think for one second that it is justified

@AKuperstein: Blades says he had lunch w/Golden "His whole thing is, these kids dont have the heart we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and 00's"

Might be true considering a player from last year team said players had to be persuaded to play hard.. But still

you mean that super fake looking lunch they had that seems like a desperate promo from the school? that sh*t look so staged

Thank God. Some of Bennie's earlier comments were making worry that he took to many hits to the head. The problem is Al will not listen to him. Notice the "coach will bench me" and tell me if Ed Reed would have seen the field under Al Golden.

Love his comments about Brad. I see more Bernie than Vinny. Vinny was athlete with great mobility and arm; Bernie more brainy type. For me Vinny was about greatest college QB ever except no NC(although I blame JJ for that, he hadn't learned how to coach a bowl game yet.), but Bernie gave us the first NC. Maybe Brad will be both.

Advertisement

They don't have the coaches that had then either. Golden would bench most of those old players until the got on HIS page.

One of the most frustrating situations for Blades during last year's 6-7 season involved defensive formations.
"When it's 3rd and 1 and these guys are still 15 yards deep, are you kidding me?" he said. "I don't care who you are, if you're a 10-year-old kid, you say 'man, what are you doing?' we gotta get back to playing real Hurricane football."

Blades also pointed to the 2nd half of the Florida State game. a game that Miami lost after leading by 16 points.
"You have 'em beat and then all of the sudden your game plan changes to where we're not aggressive anymore, we're sitting back," he said. "We as players question 'what are coaches doing?
I thought Golden didn't change the gameplan in the 2nd half?

Advertisement
Quote from ********* "When I walk into a room, I'm the smartest guy there". This mutha ***a is going down in flames with his weak *** Wefense.

Blades said he heard from a lot of Canes players who wanted to play a different style but told him "if I do it, coach is going to bench me."
"His whole thing is, these kids don't have the heart that we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. my advice was 'hey look, the buck stops with him,'" Blades said.

well there it is, for those saying golden doesn't throw players under the bus. And for those thinking golden is gonna change.

Advertisement
"His whole thing is, these kids don't have the heart that we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. my advice was 'hey look, the buck stops with him,'" Blades said.

[video=youtube;2lzZ5xzVWS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lzZ5xzVWS0[/video]

Advertisement
"When it's 3rd and 1 and these guys are still 15 yards deep, are you kidding me?" he said. "I don't care who you are, if you're a 10-year-old kid, you say 'man, what are you doing?' we gotta get back to playing real Hurricane football."

[video=youtube;8CyRiwED7s8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CyRiwED7s8[/video]

"You have 'em beat and then all of the sudden your game plan changes to where we're not aggressive anymore, we're sitting back," he said. "We as players question 'what are coaches doing?'"

[video=youtube;iy-LQH8N6Ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy-LQH8N6Ug[/video]

Props to Bennie blades for speaking up and voicing nearly all of our opinions to golden

Advertisement
Back