Bennie Blades- The legend

Golden is ridiculous. Never seen a coach deflect so much criticism and not to think for one second that it is justified

@AKuperstein: Blades says he had lunch w/Golden "His whole thing is, these kids dont have the heart we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and 00's"

Might be true considering a player from last year team said players had to be persuaded to play hard.. But still

You can just imagine his fat *** there stuffing his face and trying to get Bennie Legend to take his side by say "WE" played so hard back then. "WE" were full of heart

And Bennie Legend looking at him like "Ni66a you played football?"

GTFOH Rey Olden

Advertisement
Golden is ridiculous. Never seen a coach deflect so much criticism and not to think for one second that it is justified

@AKuperstein: Blades says he had lunch w/Golden "His whole thing is, these kids dont have the heart we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and 00's"

Might be true considering a player from last year team said players had to be persuaded to play hard.. But still

You can just imagine his fat *** there stuffing his face and trying to get Bennie Legend to take his side by say "WE" played so hard back then. "WE" were full of heart

And Bennie Legend looking at him like "Ni66a you played football?"

GTFOH Rey Olden

Lol, backup tight end at penn state talking about the way "we" played at Miami bahahaha! Hilarious

One of the most frustrating situations for Blades during last year's 6-7 season involved defensive formations.
"When it's 3rd and 1 and these guys are still 15 yards deep, are you kidding me?" he said. "I don't care who you are, if you're a 10-year-old kid, you say 'man, what are you doing?' we gotta get back to playing real Hurricane football."

Blades also pointed to the 2nd half of the Florida State game. a game that Miami lost after leading by 16 points.
"You have 'em beat and then all of the sudden your game plan changes to where we're not aggressive anymore, we're sitting back," he said. "We as players question 'what are coaches doing?
I thought Golden didn't change the gameplan in the 2nd half?

My partner is a former Oklahoma and Buc defensive player. He said that Golden must be throwing the games, "because no coach would use those formations in situations he does". Said Barry Switzer would have punched the DC if he ever played his LB's and DB's that far off in any situation.

How long before Blades is not welcome around the program? Golden doesn't do well with honest assessments.

Advertisement
How long before Blades is not welcome around the program? Golden doesn't do well with honest assessments.

Blades mislead him with those earlier comments about Al deserving two more years. Now Al act play the role the offended party, just like any abusive person does. The OLD former players will be the new scrape goats. He has laid the groundwork for that already saying team need to establish it's own identity.

my buddy says golden also plays alot of guys out of position. Would blades even have to have this talk with Butch or even Mark Stoops?

He said that Golden must be throwing the games, "because no coach would use those formations in situations he does".

Maaaaaan, sometimes I wonder. But saying He's throwing games is giving Him too much credit...this guy's been running Arena League type defenses since UVA:

In 2006, London was named by Virginia coach Al Groh as the team's new defensive coordinator to replace Al Golden. Virginia's defense under London was much more aggressive than it was under Golden. Allowing just 289.5 yards per game, the Virginia defense under London gave up fewer yards than any Virginia defense had in the past 27 years. London developed first year defensive end Jeffrey Fitzgerald, who by the end of the season had more tackles than any other freshman in the country.

The next year his defense was perhaps even better given the scope of the UVA football program. A highlight of this season was when Virginia was scheduled to play the Miami Hurricanes in the last game ever in the legendary Miami Orange Bowl. The Virginia defense, under the supervision of London, dominated the 'Canes and Virginia won, 48–0. It was Miami's worst loss at the Orange Bowl in their 70 years of playing there. The Cavaliers finished the season ranked 6th in the nation in sacks with 40, and allowed the 19th-fewest rushing yards (106.7 yds/game) and the 16th-fewest points against (19.7/game) on the way to a 9-win season and a narrow loss to Texas Tech and Heisman Trophy candidate Michael Crabtree in the Gator Bowl. At the end of the season, lineman Chris Long won the Ted Hendricks Award and was drafted second overall in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Advertisement
Hope Bennie's still around when the new coach gets hired....Gonna make an impact as DB Coach and Recruiter..

Advertisement
Sounds like Bennie didn't get what he was looking for from UM when he was pimping Golden so hard a few short months ago.

btw, shannon had the same mentality as golden. they were self motivators. that is why a guy like butch is great. he knows how to motivate. they think everyone should be like them.

Not just the coaching but it's a totally different mentality than when Bennie played. Crazy **** has been neutered, players can't prance around & do crazy **** like when he played. Bennie & the Jets were from the era when almost anything went at UM. Those days have been gone for a long time. :confusion:

Advertisement
Built in excuse for 2015 #27 .."well joe, we were trying to change the culture with WEEEEEfense, but there are former players coming in and disrupting the infrastructure of the pillars"

One of the most frustrating situations for Blades during last year's 6-7 season involved defensive formations.
"When it's 3rd and 1 and these guys are still 15 yards deep, are you kidding me?" he said. "I don't care who you are, if you're a 10-year-old kid, you say 'man, what are you doing?' we gotta get back to playing real Hurricane football."

Blades also pointed to the 2nd half of the Florida State game. a game that Miami lost after leading by 16 points.
"You have 'em beat and then all of the sudden your game plan changes to where we're not aggressive anymore, we're sitting back," he said. "We as players question 'what are coaches doing?
I thought Golden didn't change the gameplan in the 2nd half?

My partner is a former Oklahoma and Buc defensive player. He said that Golden must be throwing the games, "because no coach would use those formations in situations he does". Said Barry Switzer would have punched the DC if he ever played his LB's and DB's that far off in any situation.
To some degree I think he does that **** on purpose. It's so out there and so ridiculous it's hard to imagine there is a coach out there that actually thinks it's a good idea to have players line up 5 to 15 yards off the LOS on a goal line situation or a 4th and 1

Advertisement
Back