BENNIE BLADES: FANS MUST SUPPORT PLAYERS/COACHES THRU SEASON

Blades, Highsmith and Irvin were outspoken during RS and even Coker's tenure. If they weren't outspoken they definitely didn't offer the level of support to Al's predecessors who had ties to the great legacy of this program. I don't see how they can go to bat for a guy that constantly undechieves, makes a ton of excuses, has no ties to the program's history and attempted to jump ship in the midst of recruiting season. Those guys are just as bad as Al. They were harder on their former teammate than they are on Al who actually had HC experience.

That being said, Brock quit with excuses. Al hasn't upgraded anything and all he did was waste talent here. If I hear someone else state that Al had no talent when he arrived, I'm going to lose it. Al had 3 NFL backs on the roster with another one in Duke committed(pledged to RS); let's not pretend like he didn't arrive with 5 wideouts on his roster with Hurns breaking the single record and Dorsett pledging to RS; let's not pretend he didn't have countless NFL olinemen and 3 NFL tight ends. Al had a plethora of talent when he arrived now the time is slower with a bunch of question marks.

So Blades, Highsmith, and Irvin's views indicate that they suddenly don't know what they are talking about and they are "just as bad as Golden" now because before they were critical of Coker and Shannon. Got it. Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they understand the situation and know that what he came into was a ****storm with the program in a death spiral. True so far he's done nothing but stabilize it, which isn't good enough. But he should get to play out this season to see if he can take the next step. If not, goodbye. But they are correct in their views.

No they don't know what they are talking about and should be a shame for taking up for someone who is underachieving. We all know they either have their sons or nephews committed to or started for Al but that's no reason to continue to be mum on the issue at hand while subtly deflecting blame onto the fans.

Advertisement
Blades, Highsmith and Irvin were outspoken during RS and even Coker's tenure. If they weren't outspoken they definitely didn't offer the level of support to Al's predecessors who had ties to the great legacy of this program. I don't see how they can go to bat for a guy that constantly undechieves, makes a ton of excuses, has no ties to the program's history and attempted to jump ship in the midst of recruiting season. Those guys are just as bad as Al. They were harder on their former teammate than they are on Al who actually had HC experience.

That being said, Brock quit with excuses. Al hasn't upgraded anything and all he did was waste talent here. If I hear someone else state that Al had no talent when he arrived, I'm going to lose it. Al had 3 NFL backs on the roster with another one in Duke committed(pledged to RS); let's not pretend like he didn't arrive with 5 wideouts on his roster with Hurns breaking the single record and Dorsett pledging to RS; let's not pretend he didn't have countless NFL olinemen and 3 NFL tight ends. Al had a plethora of talent when he arrived now the time is slower with a bunch of question marks.

So Blades, Highsmith, and Irvin's views indicate that they suddenly don't know what they are talking about and they are "just as bad as Golden" now because before they were critical of Coker and Shannon. Got it. Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they understand the situation and know that what he came into was a ****storm with the program in a death spiral. True so far he's done nothing but stabilize it, which isn't good enough. But he should get to play out this season to see if he can take the next step. If not, goodbye. But they are correct in their views.

You have to laugh at morons like this that love a coach more than a program.

"He should get to play out the season." This is baffling. There exists no dumber belief in the Miami Hurricanes fan community right now than this.

Did the Golden ******** Residents wipe 2014 from their mind? Did Al break into your homes and use the Men In Black d:ldo to erase last season from your memories? You guys already forgot 2014? The year when "sanctions" had zero to do with having one of the most talented teams in college football that somehow managed to lose 7 games. A season so bad, that come April, numerous scouts and NFL analysts wondered how the **** Miami had such a horrible season with all this talent. He couldn't take "the next step" with-

- Top rated passer in the ACC who had the best freshman season in college football history
- Running back that was 5th in the country in yards from scrimmage
- 1st round WR, 2nd in NCAA in yards per catch
- One of the top TEs and MLBs in the country
- Top 10 pick at LT

But he DESERVES another chance? Are you nuts, or just that blindly in love?

These pencil necked geeks are like loyal girlfriend's that wake up with two black eyes and tell their friends at brunch "he was drinking and it was my fault. It's ok. He deserves a second chance." Luckily you can follow him back to whatever garbage school he's driving into the ground after he's shlt canned in November. I look forward to seeing dk on Piscataway Community College's message board next spring defending their inaugural ice cream party.

****ing f@qqot.

Has nothing to do with love for the coach. If he doesn't perform this year, he should be fired. Last year was bad, yes. That's why he's on the hot seat. Previous years he was working with a complete mess that was not his doing. He gets this year to make it right or go away.

What mess was he working with? He always had talent... He inherited a roster with several NFL talent... He should have averaged 10 wins a season since he has been here...

No they don't know what they are talking about and should be a shame for taking up for someone who is underachieving. We all know they either have their sons or nephews committed to or started for Al but that's no reason to continue to be mum on the issue at hand while subtly deflecting blame onto the fans.

They know a **** of a lot more than you do.

"He should get to play out the season." This is baffling. There exists no dumber belief in the Miami Hurricanes fan community right now than this.

Did the Golden ******** Residents wipe 2014 from their mind? Did Al break into your homes and use the Men In Black d:ldo to erase last season from your memories? You guys already forgot 2014? The year when "sanctions" had zero to do with having one of the most talented teams in college football that somehow managed to lose 7 games. A season so bad, that come April, numerous scouts and NFL analysts wondered how the **** Miami had such a horrible season with all this talent. He couldn't take "the next step" with-

- Top rated passer in the ACC who had the best freshman season in college football history
- Top 10 pick at LT

These pencil necked geeks are like loyal girlfriend's that wake up with two black eyes and tell their friends at brunch "he was drinking and it was my fault. It's ok. He deserves a second chance." Luckily you can follow him back to whatever garbage school he's driving into the ground after he's shlt canned in November. I look forward to seeing dk on Piscataway Community College's message board next spring defending their inaugural ice cream party.

****ing f@qqot.

Has nothing to do with love for the coach. If he doesn't perform this year, he should be fired. Last year was bad, yes. That's why he's on the hot seat. Previous years he was working with a complete mess that was not his doing. He gets this year to make it right or go away.

What mess was he working with? He always had talent... He inherited a roster with several NFL talent... He should have averaged 10 wins a season since he has been here...

BS. He inherited a roster with no DBs, no depth at any position, and an NCAA investigation that lasted for YEARS and kept many players from committing to UM.

Advertisement
Hey mods, I bet if you ran DK's IP address through whois, it would be one of the many that come from Hecht.

So sad that you mental midgets can't understand that others don't feel as you do. No, I don't work at Hecht. Never have. No, I don't have multiple accounts. There are MANY of fans who don't feel as you do. They just don't bother speaking up because you low-lives just shout them down and attack them. Whereas I couldn't care less about what you have to say about my views, as you and your ilk are utterly irrelevant to me.

You know how I know you mop up **** at hecht.?

Hey mods, I bet if you ran DK's IP address through whois, it would be one of the many that come from Hecht.

So sad that you mental midgets can't understand that others don't feel as you do. No, I don't work at Hecht. Never have. No, I don't have multiple accounts. There are MANY of fans who don't feel as you do. They just don't bother speaking up because you low-lives just shout them down and attack them. Whereas I couldn't care less about what you have to say about my views, as you and your ilk are utterly irrelevant to me.

You know how I know you mop up **** at hecht.?

I know you don't know much. Based on your posts I'd be surprised if you knew how to tie your shoes without help.

- Top 10 pick at LT

****ing f@qqot.

BS. He inherited a roster with no DBs, no depth at any position, and an NCAA investigation that lasted for YEARS and kept many players from committing to UM.

No depth? Yea you have to be joking. Golden came to a team with 3 NFL backs (Miller, James and Storm) with Duke being committed since 2010 to RS; he had 3 NFL tightends on the roster, he had 6 NFL wide outs in the roster and underutilize them all except Hurns; he had countless NFL olinemen(the only one to get drafted that was his player was Flowers); he had the number 2 and 3 passer in school history on the roster along with several defensive linemen. Yea we had holes in the secondary but 5 years later we still do. Stop lying man. And if Highsmith, Irvin, and Blades continue to take up for this underachiever because their "kinfolks" either started or are committed here they are just as bad. Hey you can support whoever you want that's fine. I do find it odd that they are adamant about their stance for Golden but never said a word in defense to true canes who actually contributed to our history dating back to Butch's years. It's their preference and they have a right to it but when you take subtle shots at a fanbase and to deflect blame onto us is where I have a problem.

Enough with the excuses and lies. Al had a plethora of talent and squandered it. And some of you need to stop overblowing the investigation. USC and OSU did far worse but they weren't given the death penalty, we wasn't going to get the death penalty. No one gets that anymore because it hurts the opponents as well. And besides the fact USC and OSU was hit harder and still has outperform Golden by a mile.

Advertisement

- Top 10 pick at LT

****ing f@qqot.

No depth? Yea you have to be joking. Golden came to a team with 3 NFL backs (Miller, James and Storm) with Duke being committed since 2010 to RS; he had 3 NFL tightends on the roster, he had 6 NFL wide outs in the roster and underutilize them all except Hurns; he had countless NFL olinemen(the only one to get drafted that was his player was Flowers); he had the number 2 and 3 passer in school history on the roster along with several defensive linemen. Yea we had holes in the secondary but 5 years later we still do. Stop lying man. And if Highsmith, Irvin, and Blades continue to take up for this underachiever because their "kinfolks" either started or are committed here they are just as bad. Hey you can support whoever you want that's fine. I do find it odd that they are adamant about their stance for Golden but never said a word in defense to true canes who actually contributed to our history dating back to Butch's years. It's their preference and they have a right to it but when you take subtle shots at a fanbase and to deflect blame onto us is where I have a problem.

Enough with the excuses and lies. Al had a plethora of talent and squandered it. And some of you need to stop overblowing the investigation. USC and OSU did far worse but they weren't given the death penalty, we wasn't going to get the death penalty. No one gets that anymore because it hurts the opponents as well. And besides the fact USC and OSU was hit harder and still has outperform Golden by a mile.

Yes, we had depth in one position on the field, RB. The rest of your rant is absolute nonsense. In fact, before you mopey babies started your daily whining about Golden, one of the primary attacks that most of you had on Shannon was the fact that he left the team in tatters, with huge holes everywhere. THe USC and OSU penalties were worse, but the investigation didn't last almost 3 years, which in itself made for a huge penalty.

Yes, we had depth in one position on the field, RB. The rest of your rant is absolute nonsense. In fact, before you mopey babies started your daily whining about Golden, one of the primary attacks that most of you had on Shannon was the fact that he left the team in tatters, with huge holes everywhere. THe USC and OSU penalties were worse, but the investigation didn't last almost 3 years, which in itself made for a huge penalty.

laughing.gif

You get paid like a CEO of a Fortune 500 company to figure out the shortfalls, issues and problems AND solve them. Not to shift blame to your employees and remind everybody of how many problems you faced.

We out-recruited everyone we lost to except FSU and ND.

"Yeah, but da kloud was worster da u thot."

Advertisement

Yeah, you can have a #1 recruiting class with nothing but the best WRs in the nation. Won't get you very far. Shannon left the team with gaping holes everywhere.

Stop it man... First you said, we had no depth now you say only at RB... We had Benjamin, Streeter, Hurns, PD and Byrd (who he refused to play in 2011) all of them were/are NFL wideouts on rosters... Teams such as Maryland and BC did not have any NFL talent at the position. We had 3 NFL tight ends in Ford(who started for the Vikes last year), Samuels and Walford. That's depth. Our olinemen had several olinemen that went to the league from 2011 to 2015 and only one of them was his Flowers... I don't care what people said back then. They were wrong we had talent and depth to win, Al just squandered it. Now I stated facts... I don't know what false notions you're basing your rants about.

Yeah, you can have a #1 recruiting class with nothing but the best WRs in the nation. Won't get you very far. Shannon left the team with gaping holes everywhere.

And Al is implementing more holes... He hasn't done everything wrong but he has contributed to a lot of it. Dude squandered the 2011 season by losing 6 games. Hey it's his first year even Saban stumbled his first year at Bama (had less talent but that's another story) but dude went 6-7 last year and you're arguing with other fans. I mean you even had the nerve to even blame RS 5 years later. Come on stop it. You're embarrassing this fanbase. And it's an insult to the players for you to continue to cry about talent.

Advertisement
Al was left with some talent shortfalls, and you can't understate the challenges of having talented players that don't fit your systems. Calvin Johnson was a great player, but didn't set the world on fire playing for paul johnson. Al had no shot at winning the ACC or making the playoffs with what he inherited.

However he's had more than enough talent to win the ******* coastal, the worst division in football. Not only has he not won the coastal, he finished tied for last place .That, IMO, is the unforgiveable sin and can only be remedied by winning the ACC outright this year. We finished behind pittsburgh last year! ******* pittsburgh!

Al was left with some talent shortfalls, and you can't understate the challenges of having talented players that don't fit your systems. Calvin Johnson was a great player, but didn't set the world on fire playing for paul johnson. Al had no shot at winning the ACC or making the playoffs with what he inherited.

However he's had more than enough talent to win the ****ing coastal, the worst division in football. Not only has he not won the coastal, he finished tied for last place .That, IMO, is the unforgiveable sin and can only be remedied by winning the ACC outright this year. We finished behind pittsburgh last year! ****ing pittsburgh!

Man, Calvin Johnson never played for Paul Johnson and he was stud. He was stud at GT. If Demaryous Thomas balled out in that offense I'm sure CJ would have too. Paul became coach of GT after CJ left. And last year were the inaugural year of the college football playoffs. No one said we had talent for that but we had talent to win no less than 10 games. We had talent in 2011 to win no less than 11. There was a reason we lost the majority of our games by an average of 5 points. We continued to give up the lead that year in the last 4 minutes. In 2011 we were beating KSU, UVA, VT, and Maryland late in the 4th but the D kept giving up the lead due to the system that was ran. That's 4 games right there where all we needed was a stop and games like FSU and BC was an embarrassment because we were just straight out coached.

Al had talent to win right away there's no excuse about it. He admitted to that... He had talent to win last year but there's no excuse about. Let's quit with not finding the right players. If you continue to have NFL talent on your roster year in and year out its not the talent it's the coach.

As you're still blaming him for Folden's failure, is Shannon responsible for your gaping hole too?

Advertisement
Back