BENNIE BLADES: FANS MUST SUPPORT PLAYERS/COACHES THRU SEASON

If you guys think that the fact that our fan base is laughable and doesn't attend games or support the players doesn't impact future hirings, you're losing it.

Advertisement
If you guys think that the fact that our fan base is laughable and doesn't attend games or support the players doesn't impact future hirings, you're losing it.

You might be correct. After all, it has been the fans' fault for losing.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

The school president and the BOT are about money more than anything else, losing money is the most dangerous thing for ****boy golden who can't win ten games, can't win a bowl game, can't win his conference and can't beat his rivals. He is a deadbeat, worthless, no talent hack job con man, and if the BOT is facing the financial impact of releasing him outweighing his remaining contract it is a huge net win. And just so we are clear, there is not a single division one power five conference coach that is a downgrade from Golden's talentless **** tunnel champion ***. It doesn't matter if we turn top ten coaches away because of attendance, and why? because we will never get a top ten coach in his prime. Unirregardlessly of the attendance, this job is still an upgrade for at least 50 head coaches in the country right now, and every single one of them would have been more successful over the last 4 years than golden and his **** crew of temple ****heads.

And, btw blades, you know **** well you don't want this ****ty staff and paul williams coaching your nephew. 7 wins and good attendance keeps golden his job, that is a problem for you and your family that it is time to come to terms with.

no matter what if you love Miami then you should support the team if you are able to and live in the proximity to do so. At the end of the day football season is too short to hinder your experience wishing for your team to lose and not supporting them just to prove a point. Golden will be given the boot if he loses more than 4-5 games IMO. Stop stressing over man. The AD know people aren't satisfied, with his latest comments golden ain't skating this year if we have a bad season or 4 losses by the middle of October.
and why does the AD know people aren't satisfied? Hoisted by your own petard, brother. You chastise posters for voicing their opinions on the staff, yet it's that voicing that becomes the impetus for a coaching change. the pressure must remain, so stop with the exhortations to chill. no chill for AG.

He lose more than 4 or 5 and he is gone. Only reason he was given another year was that shalala lied to get him here and didn't want to fire him. Regardless if he is fired he has no doubt upgraded Miami's talent level at EVERY position when you compare it to what Shannon left Miami.Not coming to the games because people are being petty won't do **** but hurt us in every aspect we are trying to improve on , the ability to get high level recruits, attract high level coaches and to have an amped up atmospheres so the players can be hyped up when they play

Shut the fck up Brock. Nobody wants to read any of the "support the players" garbage you and every other dork who wants to blow Golden porst on a regular basis.

Westcoastcanes nailed it - The BOT is not concerned with on-field performance. As long as the stands are filled, nothing is going to change, even if we win 3 games next season. Given this stance, there's nothing wrong with fans taking the boycott the program approach. If the University is not committed to producing a quality product, some fans aren't going to support the team. Cry harder about it.

And if the Fat ****** is fired, prospective coaches aren't going to base their decisions to coach at UM based on game attendance, stadium atmosphere, and all of this other meaningless drivel you're trying to shove down everyone's throat.

Any coach with half of a brain realizes the UM job is a special job due to sheer fact you're surrounded by the best talent in the country. The right coach for UM utilizes that talent properly and, therefore, lands talented recruits who buy into the philosophy.

This is not difficult to comprehend, even for the low IQ idiots that frequent this board.

Beautifully stated.

With all due respect to Mr. Blades, let us all choose to be whatever fan we want to be and we'll do the same for you.

Advertisement
I'm not going to insult Bennie, but I sure as **** don't have to respect or follow his opinion.

It's laughable to think any coach rejects/takes an offer based on attendance, hyped atmosphere, or anything else regarding fans. We are meaningless in a coach's decision to take this job.

Every day this staff is here is a day closer to the phasing out of the program. Removing them is all that matters.

It's unbelievable that some of our fanbase is that stupid to tolerate the leadership we have in place. Not a single other fanbase in history would do the same.

Advertisement
Just heard him on QAM.

Hoch said Blades will be joining the station and covering UM football this season, so that explains why he's turned into a f@qqot. He was hammering the company lines hard in his interview.

Last edited:
Blades, Highsmith and Irvin were outspoken during RS and even Coker's tenure. If they weren't outspoken they definitely didn't offer the level of support to Al's predecessors who had ties to the great legacy of this program. I don't see how they can go to bat for a guy that constantly undechieves, makes a ton of excuses, has no ties to the program's history and attempted to jump ship in the midst of recruiting season. Those guys are just as bad as Al. They were harder on their former teammate than they are on Al who actually had HC experience.

That being said, Brock quit with excuses. Al hasn't upgraded anything and all he did was waste talent here. If I hear someone else state that Al had no talent when he arrived, I'm going to lose it. Al had 3 NFL backs on the roster with another one in Duke committed(pledged to RS); let's not pretend like he didn't arrive with 5 wideouts on his roster with Hurns breaking the single record and Dorsett pledging to RS; let's not pretend he didn't have countless NFL olinemen and 3 NFL tight ends. Al had a plethora of talent when he arrived now the time is slower with a bunch of question marks.

Blades, Highsmith and Irvin were outspoken during RS and even Coker's tenure. If they weren't outspoken they definitely didn't offer the level of support to Al's predecessors who had ties to the great legacy of this program. I don't see how they can go to bat for a guy that constantly undechieves, makes a ton of excuses, has no ties to the program's history and attempted to jump ship in the midst of recruiting season. Those guys are just as bad as Al. They were harder on their former teammate than they are on Al who actually had HC experience.

That being said, Brock quit with excuses. Al hasn't upgraded anything and all he did was waste talent here. If I hear someone else state that Al had no talent when he arrived, I'm going to lose it. Al had 3 NFL backs on the roster with another one in Duke committed(pledged to RS); let's not pretend like he didn't arrive with 5 wideouts on his roster with Hurns breaking the single record and Dorsett pledging to RS; let's not pretend he didn't have countless NFL olinemen and 3 NFL tight ends. Al had a plethora of talent when he arrived now the time is slower with a bunch of question marks.

So Blades, Highsmith, and Irvin's views indicate that they suddenly don't know what they are talking about and they are "just as bad as Golden" now because before they were critical of Coker and Shannon. Got it. Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they understand the situation and know that what he came into was a ****storm with the program in a death spiral. True so far he's done nothing but stabilize it, which isn't good enough. But he should get to play out this season to see if he can take the next step. If not, goodbye. But they are correct in their views.

Advertisement

So Blades, Highsmith, and Irvin's views indicate that they suddenly don't know what they are talking about and they are "just as bad as Golden" now because before they were critical of Coker and Shannon. Got it. Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they understand the situation and know that what he came into was a ****storm with the program in a death spiral. True so far he's done nothing but stabilize it, which isn't good enough. But he should get to play out this season to see if he can take the next step. If not, goodbye. But they are correct in their views.

You have to laugh at morons like this that love a coach more than a program.

"He should get to play out the season." This is baffling. There exists no dumber belief in the Miami Hurricanes fan community right now than this.

Did the Golden ******** Residents wipe 2014 from their mind? Did Al break into your homes and use the Men In Black d:ldo to erase last season from your memories? You guys already forgot 2014? The year when "sanctions" had zero to do with having one of the most talented teams in college football that somehow managed to lose 7 games. A season so bad, that come April, numerous scouts and NFL analysts wondered how the **** Miami had such a horrible season with all this talent. He couldn't take "the next step" with-

- Top rated passer in the ACC who had the best freshman season in college football history
- Running back that was 5th in the country in yards from scrimmage
- 1st round WR, 2nd in NCAA in yards per catch
- One of the top TEs and MLBs in the country
- Top 10 pick at LT

But he DESERVES another chance? Are you nuts, or just that blindly in love?

These pencil necked geeks are like loyal girlfriend's that wake up with two black eyes and tell their friends at brunch "he was drinking and it was my fault. It's ok. He deserves a second chance." Luckily you can follow him back to whatever garbage school he's driving into the ground after he's shlt canned in November. I look forward to seeing dk on Piscataway Community College's message board next spring defending their inaugural ice cream party.

******* f@qqot.

Last edited:

"He should get to play out the season." This is baffling. There exists no dumber belief in the Miami Hurricanes fan community right now than this.

Did the Golden ******** Residents wipe 2014 from their mind? Did Al break into your homes and use the Men In Black d:ldo to erase last season from your memories? You guy's already forgot 2014? The year when "sanctions" had zero to do with having one of the most talented teams in college football but still managing to lose 7 games. A season so bad, that come April, numerous scouts and NFL analysts wondered how the **** Miami had such a horrible season with all this talent. These pencil necked geeks are like loyal girlfriend's that wake up with two black eyes and tell their friends at brunch "he was drinking and it was my fault. It's ok. He deserves a second chance."

Luckily you can follow him back to whatever garbage school he's driving into the ground after he's shlt canned in November. I look forward to seeing dk on Piscataway Community College's message board next spring defending their inaugural ice cream party.

******* f@qqot.

Crown this man.

Hey mods, I bet if you ran DK's IP address through whois, it would be one of the many that come from Hecht.

Advertisement

Did the Golden ******** Residents wipe 2014 from their mind? Did Al break into your homes and use the Men In Black d:ldo to erase last season from your memories? You guys already forgot 2014? The year when "sanctions" had zero to do with having one of the most talented teams in college football that somehow managed to lose 7 games. A season so bad, that come April, numerous scouts and NFL analysts wondered how the **** Miami had such a horrible season with all this talent. He couldn't take "the next step" with-

- Top rated passer in the ACC who had the best freshman season in college football history
- Running back that was 5th in the country in yards from scrimmage
- 1st round WR, 2nd in NCAA in yards per catch
- One of the top TEs and MLBs in the country
- Top 10 pick at LT

But he DESERVES another chance? Are you nuts, or just that blindly in love?

These pencil necked geeks are like loyal girlfriend's that wake up with two black eyes and tell their friends at brunch "he was drinking and it was my fault. It's ok. He deserves a second chance." Luckily you can follow him back to whatever garbage school he's driving into the ground after he's shlt canned in November. I look forward to seeing dk on Piscataway Community College's message board next spring defending their inaugural ice cream party.

******* f@qqot.

Has nothing to do with love for the coach. If he doesn't perform this year, he should be fired. Last year was bad, yes. That's why he's on the hot seat. Previous years he was working with a complete mess that was not his doing. He gets this year to make it right or go away.

Hey mods, I bet if you ran DK's IP address through whois, it would be one of the many that come from Hecht.

So sad that you mental midgets can't understand that others don't feel as you do. No, I don't work at Hecht. Never have. No, I don't have multiple accounts. There are MANY of fans who don't feel as you do. They just don't bother speaking up because you low-lives just shout them down and attack them. Whereas I couldn't care less about what you have to say about my views, as you and your ilk are utterly irrelevant to me.

Advertisement
Back