Bendenbaugh, Harrell, Gleason, Yost

Advertisement
We have more talent than all those teams. It's not debatable.

Marginally. They have guys who would start for us, and vice versa. The biggest problem with this fan base continues to be that we think players are good just because they have the U on their helmet.

That's the thing. People are claiming that every single guy we hire is incompetent. For 15 years. Different guys, same results with the same recruiting base.
I don’t recall people complaining horribly about our offense during Golden’s years. We were better on offense those years than this year.....it was dorito that stunk up the joint.

Advertisement
I don’t recall people complaining horribly about our offense during Golden’s years. We were better on offense those years than this year.....it was dorito that stunk up the joint.

I agree, and I would argue that we had much better players then, but still not a bunch of elite, championship level guys.

Marginally. They have guys who would start for us, and vice versa. The biggest problem with this fan base continues to be that we think players are good just because they have the U on their helmet.

No. It has nothing to do with the 'U' on the helmet. It has to do with talent from high school to here. All the teams and coaching staffs I mentioned we should have beaten would have given anything to have our talent relative to their own.

I didn't say we have Andre Johnson and Vince Wilfork. But we have loads of highly ranked (and JUSTIFIABLY highly ranked guys based on physical tools, productivity, even camps in high school). And those guys on average were better coming out than their guys.

No. It has nothing to do with the 'U' on the helmet. It has to do with talent from high school to here. All the teams and coaching staffs I mentioned we should have beaten would have given anything to have our talent relative to their own.

I didn't say we have Andre Johnson and Vince Wilfork. But we have loads of highly ranked (and JUSTIFIABLY highly ranked guys based on physical tools, productivity, even camps in high school). And those guys on average were better coming out then their guys.

Again, they're just marginally better. And only because of some measurable as rated by recruiting services. Talent encompasses a whole lot more than "tall and fast". If people aren't enamored by the "U" on the helmet, they certainly overrate south Florida. It's not the 90's. There are very, very few south Florida guys playing for the elite teams.

Advertisement
Again, they're just marginally better. And only because of some measurable as rated by recruiting services. Talent encompasses a whole lot more than "tall and fast". If people aren't enamored by the "U" on the helmet, they certainly overrate south Florida. It's not the 90's. There are very, very few south Florida guys playing for the elite teams.

S FL leads the NFL draft every year. No one overrates S Florida given it's the hottest recruited area nationally. Even if we are not getting big bag guys, we are still getting good ones in S Florida, some national ones, and good players from around the state of Florida.

Didn't just say 'measurables', either. At every position we have more talent than every team I mentioned. Again, take any coaching staff from those schools I mentioned and ask which roster they would prefer to coach.

You're 100% wrong. Sorry. Your argument has no merit.

Advertisement
S FL leads the NFL draft every year. No one overrates S Florida given it's the hottest recruited area nationally. Even if we are not getting big bag guys, we are still getting good ones in S Florida, some national ones, and good players from around the state of Florida.

Didn't just say 'measurables', either. At every position we have more talent than every team I mentioned. Again, take any coaching staff from those schools I mentioned and ask which roster they would prefer to coach.

You're 100% wrong. Sorry. Your argument has no merit.

You just keep tossing out "talent" and "ratings" with no proof of anything. And I couldn't care less about the draft, and that's another 1990's thing anyway. Put our guys next to the guys at UNC, and they are just marginally better, if at all.

You just keep tossing out "talent" and "ratings" with no proof of anything. And I couldn't care less about the draft, and that's another 1990's thing anyway. Put our guys next to the guys at UNC, and they are just marginally better, if at all.

UNC had their qb last year at MLB. They have one guy on their DLINE who would make our 2-deep. Our secondary overall is better at every position, etc.

You keep saying 'marginal' what does that mean? It's not marginal when you're getting BETTER classes every year. You've said nothing and I keep bringing up points.

Who said anything about the 90s? I said today: SOUTH FLORIDA PRODUCES THE MOST NFL PLAYERS in the NFL in CURRENT DAY.

You have absolutely no merit in anything you say. Sorry. Stop indirectly defending a trash coaching staff that has a clear talent advantage in nearly every game they play in this trash schedule. The only ACC team with more talent right now is Clemson (and maybe FSU but their coaching is worse than ours).

UNC had their qb last year at MLB. They have one guy on their DLINE who would make our 2-deep. Our secondary overall is better at every position, etc.

You keep saying 'marginal' what does that mean? It's not marginal when you're getting BETTER classes every year. You've said nothing and I keep bringing up points.

Who said anything about the 90s? I said today: SOUTH FLORIDA PRODUCES THE MOST NFL PLAYERS in the NFL in CURRENT DAY.

You have absolutely no merit in anything you say. Sorry. Stop indirectly defending a trash coaching staff that has a clear talent advantage in nearly every game they play in this trash schedule. The only ACC team with more talent right now is Clemson (and maybe FSU but their coaching is worse than ours).

Marginal means that our guy may have some recruiting-service-measurable number that's slightly better than another guy's, but that doesn't mean he is going to be a better college football player. Somehow you still believe that a guy ranked #56 is just plain better than a guy ranked #72. It's not that simple.

I challenge you to prove how talented we are without referring to recruiting rankings.

Advertisement

I'm not defending coaches. They all stink. But they also aren't equipped with some huge talent advantage.

No one said we "should" have lost to any of them. But if we had talent, we wouldn't look so slow and uncoordinated every single year.

We have more "talent" on our football team than every single team we lost to this season. To say we lost to teams like FIU, Duke, GT, UNC, and VT because of a talent deficiency is patently absurd. One or two duds a year can happen to any football team. Sure. But we had, conservatively, six (6) of them (counting CMU, which we were lucky to win). That's half the schedule. That's not a "throwaway performance" or two, that's who you are as a football team.

Over the season, we're LAST (130/130) in the NCAA in 3rd down %. 120th in red zone offense. 127th in sacks allowed. 104th in penalties per game. 116th in tackles for loss allowed. 90th in total offense. 88th in first downs. Those are just some of the most glaring team stats... there are several other stats that are below average (for instance, defensively, I don't think it is acceptable that are are 46th in defensive 3rd down percentage, 57th in red zone defense, and 121st in defensive 4th down percentage).

Do you think those numbers are a true representation of the talent disparity between us and our competition this season? Of course it's not. It's not even close. Those stats are representative of a staff that, from top to bottom, can't coach to save their lives.

The most "slow and uncoordinated" individuals at each UM game have been the guys on the sidelines wearing polos and headsets.

Advertisement
Back