Bendenbaugh, Harrell, Gleason, Yost

We have more "talent" on our football team than every single team we lost to this season. To say we lost to teams like FIU, Duke, GT, UNC, and VT because of a talent deficiency is patently absurd. One or two duds a year can happen to any football team. Sure. But we had, conservatively, six (6) of them (counting CMU, which we were lucky to win). That's half the schedule. That's not a "throwaway performance" or two, that's who you are as a football team.

Over the season, we're LAST (130/130) in the NCAA in 3rd down %. 120th in red zone offense. 127th in sacks allowed. 104th in penalties per game. 116th in tackles for loss allowed. 90th in total offense. 88th in first downs. Those are just some of the most glaring team stats... there are several other stats that are below average (for instance, defensively, I don't think it is acceptable that are are 46th in defensive 3rd down percentage, 57th in red zone defense, and 121st in defensive 4th down percentage).

Do you think those numbers are a true representation of the talent disparity between us and our competition this season? Of course it's not. It's not even close. Those stats are representative of a staff that, from top to bottom, can't coach to save their lives.

The most "slow and uncoordinated" individuals at each UM game have been the guys on the sidelines wearing polos and headsets.

Again, prove to me how "talented" we are without relying on recruiting rankings and without pointing to the 2001 NFL draft.

Advertisement
S FL leads the NFL draft every year.

Among the top 40 draft prospects, there are three from the state of Florida, only two from south Florida. So maybe SFL doesn't lead the draft EVERY year.

No one overrates S Florida given it's the hottest recruited area nationally.

Please. Look at the rosters of the top teams. In four years of recruiting, Ohio State has landed two south Florida guys. LSU has zero. ZERO. Clemson has two. So in four years of recruiting, the top three teams have landed four south Florida kids out of, what, 300 recruits?

Advertisement
Marginal means that our guy may have some recruiting-service-measurable number that's slightly better than another guy's, but that doesn't mean he is going to be a better college football player. Somehow you still believe that a guy ranked #56 is just plain better than a guy ranked #72. It's not that simple.

I challenge you to prove how talented we are without referring to recruiting rankings.

I challenge you to prove to me we only have a slight talent advantage over those other teams.

I didn't say huge talent advantage (your brain assumes this to mean 2001 Miami). I said every year we recruit better at every position on average than these other referenced programs. I said their coaching staffs would easily take our roster over their own. I stand by it. I'm not stuck in 2001 or the '90s'. We have better rosters at every position. Therefore, it is not your ambiguously termed 'marginal'

I think you 'struggle' with the concept of averages, though. Unfortunately, not a single team I REFERENCED is in the same zip code (philosophical debate of 72 v 56) when it comes to the talent we get.

I'm not talking about UF or FSU or Clemson. I am talking about Duke (academic standards make it impossible to get better players and plus they don't have the budget) , GT (with a brand new offense and true fr wr), FIU (with their 6th choice of S FL players), UNC (who I already discussed their defense without trying. Plus starting a true fr qb and skill players with a new staff from a team that had a losing record last year) and even VT (coach was about to be fired before playing us this year. They played a qb who had barely every done anything).

-Duke (last four classes via 247): 49, 63, 47, 33. Are you kidding me?
-FIU (last four classes): 88, 69, 83, 104. Are you kidding me?
-GT (did you not forget they converted from a WWII offense): 51, 44, 48, 60. Are you kidding me?
-UNC: 30, 20, 29, 32. Nope. Sorry. Averages 28-29. Sorry. Every year we get get better players. They had a brand new staff this year, too.
-VT: 42, 26, 24, 26. (closest) but averages: 29-30. Every year we get get better players. They started a qb who had barely ever played and he lit us up.

-Should I even bring up CMU who should have beat us and whom McEllwain actually coached that trash up this year?

US: 27, 8, 12, 22. So on average in every year (with a lot of guys not coming from S FL. We are on average 16-17 while also taking a lot of kids that would be ranked higher if they played in other states. I've been following recruiting since the early 90s and follow the drafts even up through now.

Quit being a clown. You've proven nothing except with generic terms such as 'marginal'. I am proving that on average every year we are out recruiting all the referenced programs. Oh I don't even need to rely on numbers. I could do simple video reviews of game film of our wr versus the above teams, etc position by position from high school and would be even more convinced. I'm not going to waste any more brain cells on this, though.

Among the top 40 draft prospects, there are three from the state of Florida, only two from south Florida. So maybe SFL doesn't lead the draft EVERY year.

Please. Look at the rosters of the top teams. In four years of recruiting, Ohio State has landed two south Florida guys. LSU has zero. ZERO. Clemson has two. So in four years of recruiting, the top three teams have landed four south Florida kids out of, what, 300 recruits?

You're an idiot. Seriously just stop.

Again, prove to me how "talented" we are without relying on recruiting rankings and without pointing to the 2001 NFL draft.

Yeah, whoever said you were a troll earlier is spot on.
Prove to me how Miami's talent level is abysmal. Feel free to use any recruiting rankings and the NFL draft (in any year, not just 2001).

I challenge you to prove to me we only have a slight talent advantage over those other teams.

I didn't say huge talent advantage (your brain assumes this to mean 2001 Miami). I said every year we recruit better at every position on average than these other referenced programs. I said their coaching staffs would easily take our roster over their own. I stand by it. I'm not stuck in 2001 or the '90s'. We have better rosters at every position. Therefore, it is not your ambiguously termed 'marginal'

I think you 'struggle' with the concept of averages, though. Unfortunately, not a single team I REFERENCED is in the same zip code (philosophical debate of 72 v 56) when it comes to the talent we get.

I'm not talking about UF or FSU or Clemson. I am talking about Duke (academic standards make it impossible to get better players and plus they don't have the budget) , GT (with a brand new offense and true fr wr), FIU (with their 6th choice of S FL players), UNC (who I already discussed their defense without trying. Plus starting a true fr qb and skill players with a new staff from a team that had a losing record last year) and even VT (coach was about to be fired before playing us this year. They played a qb who had barely every done anything).

-Duke (last four classes via 247): 49, 63, 47, 33. Are you kidding me?
-FIU (last four classes): 88, 69, 83, 104. Are you kidding me?
-GT (did you not forget they converted from a WWII offense): 51, 44, 48, 60. Are you kidding me?
-UNC: 30, 20, 29, 32. Nope. Sorry. Averages 28-29. Sorry. Every year we get get better players. They had a brand new staff this year, too.
-VT: 42, 26, 24, 26. (closest) but averages: 29-30. Every year we get get better players. They started a qb who had barely ever played and he lit us up.

-Should I even bring up CMU who should have beat us and whom McEllwain actually coached that trash up this year?

US: 27, 8, 12, 22. So on average in every year (with a lot of guys not coming from S FL. We are on average 16-17 while also taking a lot of kids that would be ranked higher if they played in other states. I've been following recruiting since the early 90s and follow the drafts even up through now.

Quit being a clown. You've proven nothing except with generic terms such as 'marginal'. I am proving that on average every year we are out recruiting all the referenced programs. Oh I don't even need to rely on numbers. I could do simple video reviews of game film of our wr versus the above teams, etc position by position from high school and would be even more convinced. I'm not going to waste any more brain cells on this, though.

See, you couldn't do it without referring to recruiting rankings. That's literally all you have to go on, despite the proof of how flawed they are.

Advertisement
David Yost

78E9A095-C471-42DB-8C62-B952B685AA67.gif

Yeah, whoever said you were a troll earlier is spot on.
Prove to me how Miami's talent level is abysmal. Feel free to use any recruiting rankings and the NFL draft (in any year, not just 2001).

Wow, you aren't good at this. The point is that you have no idea how talented anyone is without some recruiting service telling you his height and 40 time. You assume we are talented because kids come from south Florida. Yet I have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the best teams barely have a passing interest in south Florida.

We have more "talent" on our football team than every single team we lost to this season. To say we lost to teams like FIU, Duke, GT, UNC, and VT because of a talent deficiency is patently absurd. One or two duds a year can happen to any football team. Sure. But we had, conservatively, six (6) of them (counting CMU, which we were lucky to win). That's half the schedule. That's not a "throwaway performance" or two, that's who you are as a football team.

Over the season, we're LAST (130/130) in the NCAA in 3rd down %. 120th in red zone offense. 127th in sacks allowed. 104th in penalties per game. 116th in tackles for loss allowed. 90th in total offense. 88th in first downs. Those are just some of the most glaring team stats... there are several other stats that are below average (for instance, defensively, I don't think it is acceptable that are are 46th in defensive 3rd down percentage, 57th in red zone defense, and 121st in defensive 4th down percentage).

Do you think those numbers are a true representation of the talent disparity between us and our competition this season? Of course it's not. It's not even close. Those stats are representative of a staff that, from top to bottom, can't coach to save their lives.

The most "slow and uncoordinated" individuals at each UM game have been the guys on the sidelines wearing polos and headsets.

Well done. But you are playing in to an episode of "Facts vs. Volume". The guy you are arguing with is, for some odd reason, **** bent on "proving" his point that coaching doesn't matter and the issue with Miami is talent. To dispute his assertion, you are not allowed to bring up measurables, star ratings, the other teams that wanted the players that we recruited, NFL draft statistics, recruiting rankings, or the fact that Miami is just one of 16 teams in the entire country this year that is above the Blue Chip Ratio. Do you see where I am going with this?

You are wasting your time and your keystrokes. Any logical and factual argument that you make will simply be met with, "yeah but... delusional".

I have no idea what the agenda is. If someone is going to argue that talent is the problem, not coaching, well then it's the coaches job to obtain the talent. Point being, I appreciate what you guys are trying to do, but you're wasting your time trying to teach a pig to sing. He's never gonna get it and he's just going to annoy everyone around him, the longer you try.

Advertisement
More data:

In the 2020 recruiting class, the top five recruiting classes have landed a grand total of three south Florida kids. There are more kids from central Florida than south Florida on those lists. Three kids.

Any logical and factual argument that you make will simply be met with, "yeah but... delusional".

Wait, what? Every post I make is filled with facts. Tell me again how everyone comes to south Florida to load up on recruits.

You guys are literally stuck in the 1990's. And it's laughable how much you rely on recruiting rankings. Did you bother to cross off all the guys who aren't on the team anymore when pointing out what great ratings we had?

Well done. But you are playing in to an episode of "Facts vs. Volume". The guy you are arguing with is, for some odd reason, **** bent on "proving" his point that coaching doesn't matter and the issue with Miami is talent. To dispute his assertion, you are not allowed to bring up measurables, star ratings, the other teams that wanted the players that we recruited, NFL draft statistics, recruiting rankings, or the fact that Miami is just one of 16 teams in the entire country this year that is above the Blue Chip Ratio. Do you see where I am going with this?

You are wasting your time and your keystrokes. Any logical and factual argument that you make will simply be met with, "yeah but... delusional".

I have no idea what the agenda is. If someone is going to argue that talent is the problem, not coaching, well then it's the coaches job to obtain the talent. Point being, I appreciate what you guys are trying to do, but you're wasting your time trying to teach a pig to sing. He's never gonna get it and he's just going to annoy everyone around him, the longer you try.
Seems somewhat of a contradictory argument when teams with less talent and better coaching kick our *** every year.

Advertisement
Wait, what? Every post I make is filled with facts. Tell me again how everyone comes to south Florida to load up on recruits.

You guys are literally stuck in the 1990's. And it's laughable how much you rely on recruiting rankings. Did you bother to cross off all the guys who aren't on the team anymore when pointing out what great ratings we had?

Cool man. Do me a favor and highlight the facts in your posts from now on. I must be missing them. My apologies.

Glad I could help out a fellow fan with some laughs. Have a happy holiday season!

That's the thing. People are claiming that every single guy we hire is incompetent. For 15 years. Different guys, same results with the same recruiting base.

Obviously it’s a Miami thing, bc all of the guys we hired are doing great running other programs. Oh wait none of them ever got real jobs again. Probably bc they didn’t deserve to be head coaches in the first place.

Maybe we can join modern football with anyone of those guys. Ruggiero from Wake is another one to keep an eye on.

I’d gladly accept anyone who puts a premium on space. Pace as well but it doesn’t have to be Briles/Babers tempo.

Advertisement
Back