Ben Davis - Alabama LB transfer

@DTP @Rellyrell @pacusmc
All three of you are actually correct from my point of view.
Bama regularly stockpiles on blue chip talent. A lot of em don't pan out, like pacusmc said, which is very true. When you have that high of a ratio of blue xhip players, someone out of that group is gonna be great.
Now let's tie everyone's arguments in together.

DTP is correct, some got it and some of those blue chippers are basically JAGS. It's up to that player whether they want to be great or not.

Relly, blood you're correct as well. Iron sharpens iron and great players want to be around greatness to make themselves better than what they already are and that's what Bama built. And some of these kids at Bama either transfered to show they are better because they don't want to wait for a RB to finally leave (see Alvin Kamara) or just ait got it (see this LB).

But Imma interject because Relly said something about Taint and UGA: they are up there with Bama in terms of blue chip talent but only one ship to show for it. Why is that?

So a question. Let's say we have Bama talent and give us that same run they've had too, but with our current coaching staff. Do we win 6 nattys?

Don't answer that one, guys. 😂😂😂

But, Satan was smart for picking Butch Davis's brain on how he built the U up from our glorious run when we were almost given the death penalty. And how Satan hired certain former Canes to help his building blocks for their run.
Yes, Bama will have busts, every team has em. But it's not like some of these guys there are getting passed up cause they suck, maybe the guy behind em was that much better and never looked back.
But what did Nick Satan and Butch Davis have in common?

God-like evaluators. Can't no one evaluate like them in their heyday.

But on the subject on this kid, even great evaluators have some misses and this LB is one of em.

But I agree with all 3 of u.

Advertisement
A lot of ifs and assumptions there.
We don’t know if Butch would've won cause he didn't and Coker did.
He assembled a great team but hasn't repeated it anywhere else.
So was it evaluations, development or was he just lucky.
Say what? Only ifs or assumption is whether or not Butch would have won more and since Coker couldn't even **** without getting it all over the seat, floor, and pants I say yep. Are you like a professor or something? Asking questions to encourage debate without having to take a brave stance lol.

And then there was this...

Recruiting, evaluations, bottom line an influx of talent makes any coach look good.
Coker won a national title and was denied by a late pass interference flag call from winning a second.
Was he elite at coaching or developing talent? (More questions)

One of the most Captain Obvious or "no chit **** Tracy" posts I have ever read.

Say what? Only ifs or assumption is whether or not Butch would have won more and since Coker couldn't even **** without getting it all over the seat, floor, and pants I say yep. Are you like a professor or something? Asking questions to encourage debate without having to take a brave stance lol.

And then there was this...

One of the most Captain Obvious or "no chit **** Tracy" posts I have ever read.

Exactly the point, is all about the players, coaches matter but talent matters more.
Or did Belichick forgot how to coach this season.

Also where has Butch won? Other than assembling a great roster, something he never was able to replicate, where else has he won.

@DTP @Rellyrell @pacusmc
All three of you are actually correct from my point of view.
Bama regularly stockpiles on blue chip talent. A lot of em don't pan out, like pacusmc said, which is very true. When you have that high of a ratio of blue xhip players, someone out of that group is gonna be great.
Now let's tie everyone's arguments in together.

DTP is correct, some got it and some of those blue chippers are basically JAGS. It's up to that player whether they want to be great or not.

Relly, blood you're correct as well. Iron sharpens iron and great players want to be around greatness to make themselves better than what they already are and that's what Bama built. And some of these kids at Bama either transfered to show they are better because they don't want to wait for a RB to finally leave (see Alvin Kamara) or just ait got it (see this LB).

But Imma interject because Relly said something about Taint and UGA: they are up there with Bama in terms of blue chip talent but only one ship to show for it. Why is that?

So a question. Let's say we have Bama talent and give us that same run they've had too, but with our current coaching staff. Do we win 6 nattys?

Don't answer that one, guys. 😂😂😂

But, Satan was smart for picking Butch Davis's brain on how he built the U up from our glorious run when we were almost given the death penalty. And how Satan hired certain former Canes to help his building blocks for their run.
Yes, Bama will have busts, every team has em. But it's not like some of these guys there are getting passed up cause they suck, maybe the guy behind em was that much better and never looked back.
But what did Nick Satan and Butch Davis have in common?

God-like evaluators. Can't no one evaluate like them in their heyday.

But on the subject on this kid, even great evaluators have some misses and this LB is one of em.

But I agree with all 3 of u.
Good points. I would add that often times the gap between the #1 class and say, the #4 class is miles. Even a team like Clemson or LSU lags way behind Alabama, Ohio State and UGA in blue chip percentage. Those three were all over 80% In 2020 while the next team after them was Texas at 64%. So the overall gap between the elite recruiting teams and everyone else is still quite significant. Honestly, Georgia fans should be pretty upset with Kirby. He’s falling into the “does less with more” category for coaches.

Good points. I would add that often times the gap between the #1 class and say, the #4 class is miles. Even a team like Clemson or LSU lags way behind Alabama, Ohio State and UGA in blue chip percentage. Those three were all over 80% In 2020 while the next team after them was Texas at 64%. So the overall gap between the elite recruiting teams and everyone else is still quite significant. Honestly, Georgia fans should be pretty upset with Kirby. He’s falling into the “does less with more” category for coaches.
Again, I wonder if Alabama can eventually get that ratio to 100%. Would love to see how ESPN spins a “this is great for college football” when Alabama signs every five star player available in a four year cycle.

Advertisement
Again, I wonder if Alabama can eventually get that ratio to 100%. Would love to see how ESPN spins a “this is great for college football” when Alabama signs every five star player available in a four year cycle.
Let’s look at it from a real standpoint. There’s literally only 32 5 star players every year. Alabama signed 7 of them in 2021. Almost 25% of the five star players all sign with one program. It’s not even funny. It’s ridiculous. It’s stupid. It’s actually pathetic that they don’t win the natty every year.

Advertisement
Back