Ben Davis - Alabama LB transfer

Dmorgan15

Recruit
Have we been in contact with this guy? I see he is a former 5 star recruit and we can definitely use some maturity and talent in that LB room. Plus we do play Bama this year.

Advertisement
He was the number one rated linebacker of his class and hasn’t started one game for them.
But you know.... they develop better than we do.

That sht happens here and we would be having at least 30 pages on who should be fired and why elite recruits do t come here.

Lol, he's done absolutely nothing at Bama
I think he’s had injuries too.
but we need to get past the “he’s done nothing at school X” argument. It’s lazy asf. There’s plenty of factors that contribute to why a kid might not pan out at one school then do well at their next stop. We’ve had our own examples. Some guys really do just need a new environment. And at a place like Bama if u suffer a setback it’s easy to get your spot took and get passed up. That’s what made us great in the past also. The fear of not getting your spot back because the guy behind u is just as if not more talented then u

Advertisement
but we need to get past the “he’s done nothing at school X” argument. It’s lazy asf. There’s plenty of factors that contribute to why a kid might not pan out at one school then do well at their next stop. We’ve had our own examples. Some guys really do just need a new environment. And at a place like Bama if u suffer a setback it’s easy to get your spot took and get passed up. That’s what made us great in the past also. The fear of not getting your spot back because the guy behind u is just as if not more talented then u
I agree.

Do we know why he’s leaving?

Bama grinds its players into the ground. The practices are tough but you constantly hear about the number of meetings they have and the physical training. Some excel will others breakdown or just decide that approach isn't for them and they leave. I'm not sure why this kid didn't pan out but it's not uncommon at Bama for kids to wash out or break due to the grind. It's as close to an NFL schedule and approach as we've ever seen at the cfb level.

That said, this kid should go G5. He needs film if he wants a shot at the NFL.

The problem is that this happens all the time at Bama and nobody notices it. The reason they don’t notice Ben Davis not playing is because you have Harris, Moses, and like 2 other freaks at that position.
You don’t notice the receivers that don’t do anything like Xavier Williams cause you have smith a and Jeudy winning awards.
You don’t notice all the 5 star trench bullies that don’t make the league cause of Hand, Leatherwood and Neal and Q Williams. They have over 70 blue chip recruits on their 85 man roster and I guarantee you that most of them won’t make the league.
But we suck at development cause for the past 10 years some of our 4 star sofla kids didn’t pan out the way our fans thought they should’ve.

I keep telling everyone that these frontrunner schools get dudes in the draft because of the high number of elite talent they get every year and not cause they have some development magic.
They literally change position coaches on a yearly basis and most of those guys nobody here has heard of them.

Advertisement
He was the number one rated linebacker of his class and hasn’t started one game for them.
But you know.... they develop better than we do.

That sht happens here and we would be having at least 30 pages on who should be fired and why elite recruits do t come here.
holy **** we have like 5 linebackers that haven't developed at all and you are all vent out of shape people are upset about it. Yeah they have one guy they didn't develop and 75 other guys that get to the league. Theyre just fine.

The problem is that this happens all the time at Bama and nobody notices it. The reason they don’t notice Ben Davis not playing is because you have Harris, Moses, and like 2 other freaks at that position.
You don’t notice the receivers that don’t do anything like Xavier Williams cause you have smith a and Jeudy winning awards.
You don’t notice all the 5 star trench bullies that don’t make the league cause of Hand, Leatherwood and Neal and Q Williams. They have over 70 blue chip recruits on their 85 man roster and I guarantee you that most of them won’t make the league.
But we suck at development cause for the past 10 years some of our 4 star sofla kids didn’t pan out the way our fans thought they should’ve.

I keep telling everyone that these frontrunner schools get dudes in the draft because of the high number of elite talent they get every year and not cause they have some development magic.
They literally change position coaches on a yearly basis and most of those guys nobody here has heard of them.
very good post. very true.

I agree. The more studs u have the higher success rate u have at those guys hitting at a good rate. Kids don’t develop for a myriad of reasons that’s not always on the coaching or the program a lot of times it’s on the kid not doing what they are supposed to be doing or flat out not being that good from the get. Bama as u said is a prime example. But they don’t get notices for it because for every Ben Davis kid, there’s a Dylan moses ready to take that spot.

our problem is we are not recruiting at that level but constantly compare ourselves to OSU, or Bama as tho we are bringing in that type of blue chip talent at the same rate. So when our 1 5star back Lingard doesn’t play/pan out we blame the coaches for his lack of development or conspiracy theories come up of him being in the dog house when in reality majority of the top 100 rated kids bust at a high rate. Then u add in the next 50 and it’s bust city.

Advertisement
holy **** we have like 5 linebackers that haven't developed at all and you are all vent out of shape people are upset about it. Yeah they have one guy they didn't develop and 75 other guys that get to the league. Theyre just fine.
We haven’t recruited anybody on our roster that has the talent or rating of anyone on that squad right now.
You really want to blame us for not having 44 or 53 play like Moses or Harris?
Please tel me the Linebacker Guru that’s gonna make Flagg a sideline to sideline backer?
I’m sure the yearly replacement linebacker coaches at Bama can develop anybody to play like the dudes they have. I mean if they can do it at Bama I’m sure the last 3 receiver coaches and dline coaches have a storied lineage of players that have developed into monsters.
The only one that actually had a track record like that was Kool and he lasted less than a year there.
Stop giving these schools so much development credit. And stop crowning our players as day one starters or future day one picks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back