Ben Bogle - Nease 6'2" 210 LB

puertorricane

Cartel Soldier
Banned
While voting Kelly for HS defensive player of the year read this kids stats and decided to look him up.
At 6'2" 210 he's big enough to play LB at the college level.
Why is no one recruiting him, is it grades, speed or what?

His stats are crazy good.

"Bogle finished the season with a state-leading 202 tackles, which 150 of those tackles were made solo, collected 19 sacks, made 33 tackles for a loss, intercepted 2 passes, forced 6 fumbles while recovering 5 fumbles, blocking one punt, and then blocking three kicks in consecutive weeks during the postseason".

Advertisement
While voting Kelly for HS defensive player of the year read this kids stats and decided to look him up.

"Bogle finished the season with a state-leading 202 tackles, which 150 of those tackles were made solo, collected 19 sacks, made 33 tackles for a loss, intercepted 2 passes, forced 6 fumbles while recovering 5 fumbles, blocking one punt, and then blocking three kicks in consecutive weeks during the postseason".
Has some nice tape but there is no way those numbers are accurate. I remember in high school, coaches used to pump up stats for the players who were getting college looks. Our MLB got credit for 32 tackles one game, 27 of them solo lol. 202 tackles with 19 sacks and 33 tfls would have this kid getting scouted by every major school in the nation.

He’s got really good tape here

Don't know what his competition is like, but first thing I noticed is unlike our LBs the past few years, he doesn't get caught up in the wash or run up the backs of the DL, taking himself out of the play. He plays the run aggressively but keeps himself clean until he's got an angle to make the play.

Advertisement

Not many P5 type guys come out of that county. Maybe once in a while. Marshall Few was pretty good coming out of the same area and he was basically getting lacrosse offers but decided to walk on at UM. We did also pick up that oline guy this year though from that area.

He’s committed to SIU

A7F21ABE-4365-42B2-9899-1A6ADEC35CED.png

Don't know what his competition is like, but first thing I noticed is unlike our LBs the past few years, he doesn't get caught up in the wash or run up the backs of the DL, taking himself out of the play. He plays the run aggressively but keeps himself clean until he's got an angle to make the play.

I would at least offer him a preferred walk on spot.

Advertisement
The play at 1:08 is fantastic!

Advertisement
I think he was at Trinity as a freshman.
Possible. I know family lived in Duval County. Not sure how he got to play at Nease since it is in St Johns County but I recall he was a home schooled kid.

Advertisement
Was gonna post the same thing. If he got decent speed, he’s a take. After I seen that play, I turned it off. I’d seen all I needed to see, by then.
I did the exact same thing, that running back paid the price on that play, absolutely beautiful.

Advertisement
Back