Ben Bogle - Nease 6'2" 210 LB

Possible. I know family lived in Duval County. Not sure how he got to play at Nease since it is in St Johns County but I recall he was a home schooled kid.

Pretty sure back then home school kids or kids at schools with no athletics got to pick who they played for in Florida.

Advertisement
Kid is certainly a football player.

Only thing I wonder is his height. Besides that, he does everything you could ask for at the position. He does it very well in fact.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Feel like his measurable are a bit off but seems like Southern Illinois got a good one.

This is the type of kid, that the only way you can describe him is by saying, “he’s a **** football player.” If his height is legit (6’2”) and he has decent speed… we MAY one day, see him playing at a larger school, or maybe even in the NFL. Somebody gonna ask, “why didn’t no Big 3 nor Small 4 (USF, UCF, FAU, FIU) sign this kid? How did he escape from the state of Fla?” I like him.

Advertisement
Pretty sure back then home school kids or kids at schools with no athletics got to pick who they played for in Florida.
Don’t really know how that worked. And maybe rule have changed. Typically a home schooled kid can participate in extracurricular/sports activities in their zoned public school.

Will be the kid in two years in the portal who will be looking to move up to G5 or Power 5 schools after a couple of productive seasons

Advertisement
We need accurate ht/wt and testing numbers to have a better feel for his ceiling. If those check out then yeah, offer him. His tape is good. SIU got themselves a good one if he sticks.

are yall glossing over the fact the kid is committed to Southern Illinois?.
He could very well be a casualty of the extra year of eligibility the NCAA granted, but did not increase the scholarship limit. Schools everywhere signed smaller high school classes because of all the players available in the Portal. So, some young men got pushed down to a lower level or out of football completely. In a normal year, he probably signs at the FBS level.

I could see him transferring to a bigger school if he plays well. It doesn't matter where you play. It's how you play. Logan Wilson, the starting LB for the Super Bowl Cincinnati Bengals is 6'2" 241lbs and played at Wyoming. I looked him up because he stood out to me in the Super Bowl. Dude was making plays all over the place.

Last edited:
He could very well be a casualty of the extra year of eligibility the NCAA granted, but did not increase the scholarship limit. Schools everywhere signed smaller high school classes because of all the players available in the Portal. So, some young men got pushed down to a lower level. In a normal year, he probably signs at the FCS level.

I could see him transferring to a bigger school if he plays well. It doesn't matter where you play. It's how you play. Logan Wilson, the starting LB for the Super Bowl Cincinnati Bengals is 6'2" 241lbs and played at Wyoming. I looked him up because he stood out to me in the Super Bowl. Dude was making plays all over the place.
Yes there are a bunch of kids affected like this in this class.

Have a kid that at worst is a div 2 kid....that didnt even get a sniff in recruiting as an early grad. Kid made All Broward and is floating in the wind right now

Advertisement
Back