Being Realistic

joseermonfils

Senior
The canes were my 1st team growing up my parents are from haiti and werent into sports but once I found the canes it changed that for me. The last 15 years have hurt us all. I had hope for Shannon, for Golden and of course Richt. But realistically what separates Manny I'm praying he's the guy but what do you guys think will make the difference

Advertisement
I wrote this on the recruiting site in response to a fan that think we can't beat out the bag!! Beating the bag is just a a copout!! And denial of the real fact that we are nothing today and most are living in the (knocking the cobweb off) PAST!!

You think Clemson paying? Or is it that these kids want to play for a Championship team get drafted and care for their future?? Clemson is getting more 5 star recruits than any team in history this year. I don't think it has anything to do with the bag!! Just to remind you they just won the NCG and been in the talks just about every year in the past 10 yrs! The bag is out there for teams that need to cheat! But Clemson is turning down 4 and 5 star kids! Like I said, we need to stop being surprised that we are losing out on these kids when our recent history to most of them are getting our *** kicked by Pitt, Virginia, having an OF that can't get out of it's own way, kicking game that can't average 10 yards and etc........

We are living in the past if we think these recruits should just take our scharliships when these kids today can't remember when we even won a bowl game!! I know some of you don't want to hear this, but we are no where on the radar (we are crap! just to put it nicely)) in comparison to Bama, Clemson, LSU etc....and don't stand a chance with the cheaters when they brake out the bag!

Manny is smart enough to know that this year will be the greatest challenge of his life is to win at all cost! He knows these kids deep down in their heart don't want to leave SFL! He know's that he need to show these kids that he can get them to the next level, and that's being drafted in the NFL! Until all of this happen we better get use to losing out on kids that don't care about how a bunch of heart broken fans feel!!

Win every game you're supposed to win. Compete in every game you're expected to lose and every now and then win the big games you're supposed to lose. Our schedule lines up for us to finish, worst case, 10-2 with a chance to play Clemson in the ACCCG and another Orange Bowl bid. Win 10-11 games, compete with Clemson and WIN the Orange Bowl.

Two years ago we almost finished the regular season undefeated. We played like sh*t against Clemson and somehow gave away the Orange Bowl to Wisconsin. Even with that horrible finish, we ended up with a really solid 2017 class (top 10) and a lot of momentum heading into the off season.

We basically need to repeat 2017 but finish stronger. That will allow us to recruit better, keep a few veterans from entering the draft and be better prepared to compete with Clemson in 2020.

Do the above for the next two years and we'll be in a much better position in 2021 and 2022. This 2019 team can surprise a lot of people, but it needs to be prepared.

The canes were my 1st team growing up my parents are from haiti and werent into sports but once I found the canes it changed that for me. The last 15 years have hurt us all. I had hope for Shannon, for Golden and of course Richt. But realistically what separates Manny I'm praying he's the guy but what do you guys think will make the difference

We will have to wait and see if there is a difference. It appears that Manny is making all the right moves in getting these kids to compete in everything they do, but until we see what things look like on the field it's all conjecture.

The bag is a weak excuse by the sunshine pumpers. I would say it comes down to that a handful of times. And if it really does come down to bags and all these programs can offer bags (e.g. Clemson, UGA, Bama etc.), if you're them you still have to find a way to differentiate so that they sign with your SEC program as opposed to the other.

Advertisement
What makes me excited?

- Enos hire
- Proactive in addressing our needs and creatively coming up with a solution (transfer portal)
- Is not a coach stuck in his ways and is open to evolving (hallelujah!)
- Every time I read a quote of his I'm impressed. Real substance behind what he's saying
- Cuban

I haven't been this hopeful in a long, long time.

What makes me excited?

- Enos hire
- Proactive in addressing our needs and creatively coming up with a solution (transfer portal)
- Is not a coach stuck in his ways and is open to evolving (hallelujah!)

- Every time I read a quote of his I'm impressed. Real substance behind what he's saying
- Cuban

I haven't been this hopeful in a long, long time.

I do like these 2 points, hopefully that translates to wins

I wrote this on the recruiting site in response to a fan that think we can't beat out the bag!! Beating the bag is just a a copout!! And denial of the real fact that we are nothing today and most are living in the (knocking the cobweb off) PAST!!

You think Clemson paying? Or is it that these kids want to play for a Championship team get drafted and care for their future?? Clemson is getting more 5 star recruits than any team in history this year. I don't think it has anything to do with the bag!! Just to remind you they just won the NCG and been in the talks just about every year in the past 10 yrs! The bag is out there for teams that need to cheat! But Clemson is turning down 4 and 5 star kids! Like I said, we need to stop being surprised that we are losing out on these kids when our recent history to most of them are getting our *** kicked by Pitt, Virginia, having an OF that can't get out of it's own way, kicking game that can't average 10 yards and etc........

We are living in the past if we think these recruits should just take our scharliships when these kids today can't remember when we even won a bowl game!! I know some of you don't want to hear this, but we are no where on the radar (we are crap! just to put it nicely)) in comparison to Bama, Clemson, LSU etc....and don't stand a chance with the cheaters when they brake out the bag!

Manny is smart enough to know that this year will be the greatest challenge of his life is to win at all cost! He knows these kids deep down in their heart don't want to leave SFL! He know's that he need to show these kids that he can get them to the next level, and that's being drafted in the NFL! Until all of this happen we better get use to losing out on kids that don't care about how a bunch of heart broken fans feel!!

You're way off with Clemson. They are absolutely playing the bag game. The lead editor at SB nation throws shade on the fact all the time. He related Clemson to Chance the rapper in his podcast because "they recruit so well...a little too well." (as they all start laughing)

Advertisement
While it has been stated in this website before, I believe that it is worth repeating.

I think & believe that it is a combination of various issues (in no particular order of importance):

(a) Capital exchanging hands with the athlete, family, etc. (e.g. Ca$h, Gifts, promises to relatives, etc.);
(b) Families are in fact "pimping" their sons for the money and financial gains;
(c) Team results (e.g. winning record, appearance in national Televised games, appearance in Major Bowl games, etc.);
(d) Team's winning tradition, especially over the last 10-20 years (most especially over the last 5 years);
(e) Team's Wining Record on a consistent basis, year after year (with at least 10-12 wins per year mixed with some undefeated seasons, and some National Championships);
(f) Ability of the Team to place athletes in the NFL in a consistent basis (in particular the top 3 rounds of each draft, and most especially in the top 15 spots of the 1st Round, etc.);
(g) Quality of top level and highly recognized (and highly sought after) Coaches;
(h) Top coaches that can assess, recruit, develop, and motivate their star performers to bring out their "A+" game on a consistent basis;
(i) Historical Record of a Team that is consistently restocking, and not rebuilding;
(j) Local players are no longer longing/desiring to play for the home team (i.e. The U), and in fact want to see the world (i.e. go out of state);
(k) Etc., etc.

To overcome some or most of these obstacles, the coaching staff needs to develop and implement a highly thought-out & focused strategy (combined with specific tactics depending on the particular case).

If El Jefe is able to turn this program around he’s going to need at minimum 3yrs to do so. This won’t be a quick fix unfortunately. Not when the only thing to kids we can hang our collective hats on is potentially consecutive winning seasons. It has taken Herman what, 3yrs to do the same at UT? With no bag game to think of, winning is the only way for us to start turning the tide on some recruits. The big dogs 9 times out of 10 are going where the 6 figures fall, there’s just nothing we can do about that.

While it has been stated in this website before, I believe that it is worth repeating.

I think & believe that it is a combination of various issues (in no particular order of importance):

(a) Capital exchanging hands with the athlete, family, etc. (e.g. Ca$h, Gifts, promises to relatives, etc.);
(b) Families are in fact "pimping" their sons for the money and financial gains;
(c) Team results (e.g. winning record, appearance in national Televised games, appearance in Major Bowl games, etc.);
(d) Team's winning tradition, especially over the last 10-20 years (most especially over the last 5 years);
(e) Team's Wining Record on a consistent basis, year after year (with at least 10-12 wins per year mixed with some undefeated seasons, and some National Championships);
(f) Ability of the Team to place athletes in the NFL in a consistent basis (in particular the top 3 rounds of each draft, and most especially in the top 15 spots of the 1st Round, etc.);
(g) Quality of top level and highly recognized (and highly sought after) Coaches;
(h) Top coaches that can assess, recruit, develop, and motivate their star performers to bring out their "A+" game on a consistent basis;
(i) Historical Record of a Team that is consistently restocking, and not rebuilding;
(j) Local players are no longer longing/desiring to play for the home team (i.e. The U), and in fact want to see the world (i.e. go out of state);
(k) Etc., etc.

To overcome some or most of these obstacles, the coaching staff needs to develop and implement a highly thought-out & focused strategy (combined with specific tactics depending on the particular case).

Well said. I find it interesting that people still see things so black and white. Its either "All bags" or "All winning". Its obviously a combination of things.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks we can "beat the bag" is kidding themselves. However, anyone who doesn't believe we should win every single coastal title with the talent we do get until the end of time is also kidding themselves

Being realistic, we were an above offense away from competing for Championships last year, and that what sucked the most. El Jefe knew that, and clean shop. We got the players to compete for a ACC championship this year, whether the coaching staff can put a team together is another story. The coaching staff is right, this team will go as far as our QB takes us, and we haven't had the best luck in that area for some years now. On paper, we're a top 15 team, and I'm glad they don't have us ranked right now. We haven't a good offense and good defense in the same year since the early 00's. Hoping Enos is the answer, but we'll see. Still not sold on that dude!

Two things have to happen for Miami to be compete for a title:
1) The coaching staff has to be elite in terms of scheming.
2) The coaching staff has to be elite in terms of player evaluations.

We aren’t going to out recruit bama or Clemson, so the staff needs to find the lesser known players that can be developed into elite talents (if that even exists anymore), and scheme the rest of the players into elite performances.

Advertisement
Being realistic, we were an above offense away from competing for Championships last year, and that what sucked the most. El Jefe knew that, and clean shop. We got the players to compete for a ACC championship this year, whether the coaching staff can put a team together is another story. The coaching staff is right, this team will go as far as our QB takes us, and we haven't had the best luck in that area for some years now. On paper, we're a top 15 team, and I'm glad they don't have us ranked right now. We haven't a good offense and good defense in the same year since the early 00's. Hoping Enos is the answer, but we'll see. Still not sold on that dude!

I don’t think we were an offense away from competing for any championship but the coastal. We weren’t beating Clemson or bama, and it wouldn’t have been close.

That being said, if we do find an offense, we should see a team begin to threaten to maybe make the playoffs now and then if shlt goes our way.

Recruiting

All we need is a coach who is competent and young enough to care. Those are two qualities we haven’t had in one coach since Butch.

We can win the Coastal. That’s step 1

Advertisement
Back