Before Richt was hired

Dingaan1828

Miss my dog
How many of you had his name in your top 5/10 wish list? Never mind that he was employed elsewhere. That has never discouraged us from wishing.

I honestly never even considered him at all. I always glossed right over his name. I’ll bet almost no one here had him on their list either.

Advertisement
Never considered him an option, but after Gorlden, Mork seemed like maybe he could’ve elevated the program.

I was wrong. A lotta dudes here were not.

My list after Golden was fired could have gone 30 deep and Richt still wouldn't have been anywhere to be found on it.

This was EXACTLY the type of hire our incompetent BOT was destined to make, and they got what they wanted.

Advertisement
Never wanted him personally.

It was a lazy hire, but played well in the press.

Advertisement
You don’t hire someone who was demoted from calling plays then outright fired from the job then give him 4million a year and promise to let him do what he just got demoted and Fired for...

Well most all Places wouldn’t but this is Miami where they hire coaches that will bury the program deeper into the depths of mediocrity

I thought he'd be good for 10ish wins per season with a slim shot at a NC, but that was fine. Last year looked pretty good to me- yeah there were the losses and we looked like trash in some of the wins, but we won 10 and surely he'd get that sorted next year. I figured 5 years of national relevance followed by a true savage (who we'd be able to get because he'd see how close we were and know he could win it all at Miami) who would bring us glory.

I know this will be a source of CIS ridicule, but I really was fine with Richt the 10 win guy for a few years. I'm not dilutional, I didn't expect an immediate return to the top, I just wanted a good step in that direction from him. So my problem isn't that he's not brought us to the top, my problem is that he's losing the same embarrassing-*** games the last 3 clowns embarrassingly lost. There was no need to pay $4 mil per year and then extend it for this type of nonsense. I'm more than willing to take $500k per year to not motivate my team and stand around the sidelines generally appearing as if I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sports writers keep mentioning how the talent isn't there yet, and they're right. Sort of. The talent isn't there to get past Clemson, but it's there to win these last 3 games. It's there to score 40 pt/game. It's there to win 10 games per year.

And that's all I asked of the guy.

And he's not doing it.

It's embarrassing.

It needs to stop.

Now.

How many coaches on everyone’s list were available? Who would take the Miami job, at that time?

Advertisement
Was not enthusiastic about any of the names being floated around during the search. Was disappointed when it appeared it was evident that Richt was going to be the guy.

After the fact, I talked myself into accepting his hire as a net positive due mainly to his recruiting connections even though I was very aware of UGA fans complaints about his stubbornness, inept playcalling, lack of killer instinct on and off the field, and his reluctance to make coaching changes in his staff when it was apparent they were needed. Richt has been everything UGA fans have complained about and more. What's scary is that we're not only stuck with the guy that disappointed/frustrated UGA fans for years. We actually have him on the downside of his career, where he's probably even more entrenched and comfortable (little to no pressure from AD) and there are real concerns that he may be deteriorating mentally.

Seen too much of him at Georgia to know he's no better then kirk Ferentz or jeff Fisher.
Wanted gary Patterson,Mark stoops,butch davis
Greg Schiano, herman,Leach all before him.
Urban meyer exposed him yearly most times he was Uninspired and unprepared and his teams reflected that..he was burned out by the time he was fired.

Was not enthusiastic about any of the names being floated around during the search. Was disappointed when it appeared it was evident that Richt was going to be the guy.

After the fact, I talked myself into accepting his hire as a net positive due mainly to his recruiting connections even though I was very aware of UGA fans complaints about his stubbornness, inept playcalling, lack of killer instinct on and off the field, and his reluctance to make coaching changes in his staff when it was apparent they were needed. Richt has been everything UGA fans have complained about and more. What's scary is that we're not only stuck with the guy that disappointed/frustrated UGA fans for years. We actually have him on the downside of his career, where he's probably even more entrenched and comfortable (little to no pressure from AD) and there are real concerns that he may be deteriorating mentally.

I'd take this farther. He is EXACTLY who he was at Georgia. On one hand is Richt the man - he appears to be a legitimately good guy, well respected by many, and cares about the school. On the other hand is Richt the coach - determined to call his own plays, unwilling to move into this decade's offensive flexibility/creativity, loyal to the point of blindness, and unable to win even conference championships for approaching 15 years.

In other words, we got EXACTLY who we should have realized we were getting. The track record was clear, consistent, and well established. There are NO surprises here for people who were actually paying attention.

Advertisement
Wanted Butch. Period. He actually WANTED to be here and work to straighten out the program. Richt just wanted a part time gig before he retired. I don’t think he’s putting any effort into really improving the program. Again, the best comparison I can make is the situation with Jim Morris and the baseball team over the past 8 to 10 years.

Honestly, I thought he would do well at the "U" and it is in fact who I wanted. 3 years later I see it was a mistake. In my own defense, I thought my first wife was the deal but after making my life a living **** from the night I said I DO through the 16 years that followed I realized she was a bad decision too.

Boy, I got it right this time. She's a great woman and sessy too! Hopefully, our next HC is the deal.

Next time we hire a HC I'll be paying a lot more attention to what the fans of his previous school have to say about him. I wanted those fans to be wrong about the last 2 guys, but here we are.

I thought he'd be good for 10ish wins per season with a slim shot at a NC, but that was fine. Last year looked pretty good to me- yeah there were the losses and we looked like trash in some of the wins, but we won 10 and surely he'd get that sorted next year. I figured 5 years of national relevance followed by a true savage (who we'd be able to get because he'd see how close we were and know he could win it all at Miami) who would bring us glory.

I know this will be a source of CIS ridicule, but I really was fine with Richt the 10 win guy for a few years. I'm not dilutional, I didn't expect an immediate return to the top, I just wanted a good step in that direction from him. So my problem isn't that he's not brought us to the top, my problem is that he's losing the same embarrassing-*** games the last 3 clowns embarrassingly lost. There was no need to pay $4 mil per year and then extend it for this type of nonsense. I'm more than willing to take $500k per year to not motivate my team and stand around the sidelines generally appearing as if I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sports writers keep mentioning how the talent isn't there yet, and they're right. Sort of. The talent isn't there to get past Clemson, but it's there to win these last 3 games. It's there to score 40 pt/game. It's there to win 10 games per year.

And that's all I asked of the guy.

And he's not doing it.

It's embarrassing.

It needs to stop.

Now.

Post of the year.

Advertisement
Back