Been pestering

Advertisement
I think the BOT is just afraid of Jurich past. Not saying he did anything wrong that sticks but we being on major probation before and everybody including the Herald looking to find something wrong is our problem with getting him. I wish that was not true but the search team let it out of the bag the other day. Hope they don’t listen but I think he isn’t coming here.

Yes. If only we could find a guy who took an irrelevant commuter school from obscurity to major bowls, a national B Ball team with an all time coach, and admission to a P5 conference.
Just trying to add some context to the discussion. Would Nunez be my first choice? Of course not. But I just don’t see the powers that be hiring a guy with a checkered past considering our checkered past.

Advertisement
I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon
Lol my bad

if a decade from today the next AD had us in the SEC and ranked #2 in the country, while having every other sport (revenue and non-revenue) relevant, you wouldn't be happy? because if that happened I'd say we had one of the best AD's in the country.
Nah I cant wait 10 more years to be ranked #2 again lol

Just trying to add some context to the discussion. Would Nunez be my first choice? Of course not. But I just don’t see the powers that be hiring a guy with a checkered past considering our checkered past.
That’s a fair point

But do you realize the number of better AD candidates to be had other than Nunez???

Advertisement
Gonna be real here. They released another update on 247 and it essentially hints that we hired Mario but Mario isn’t a **** bag like Kelly and isn’t going to leave his kids hanging. He’s wants no distractions on this conference game and that game is extremely important to them and us. Here that portion.

- There is a lot of impatience as to why Miami is still operating in the manner of keeping Manny Diaz as the head coach while actively looking for an upgrade and we get it. To me, this boils down to operating in a manner in which your top target would not get turned off. Again, Mario Cristobal has a game to coach this week with Oregon squaring off against Utah in the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday. If parting ways with Manny Diaz could potentially make things awkward for Cristobal with having to deal with the speculation of the open Miami job in the public in the lead up to this week’s game, you operate in this manner. If that potential situation turns off the Oregon coach, you operate in this manner.

- Many have pointed out that Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly left his position, going to LSU, when the Irish technically have a chance at the College Football Playoff, so why would Miami struggle to pull Mario Cristobal during this time. I’d argue the situations are a little different for a number of reasons: 1). Cristobal’s regular season is not over. Kelly’s is finished. 2). With the move, Kelly is telling us that he believes the chance of Notre Dame ending up in this year’s College Football Playoff are extremely slim, so why not make the move now and recruit? 3.) Cristobal and Kelly are simply different personalities. The personality of every coach is unique and the approach they all take with a potential coaching search is different. If Mario Cristobal wants to finish out his regular season before the thought of potentially exploring any options, that has to be respected by Miami (and any other school).

Also Zo or Gino won’t be AD. Only Associate AD if that. Here’s that snippet

- I am still under the impression that the possibility of former players like Alonzo Highsmith and/or Gino Torretta joining Miami’s athletic department would be in an Associate Athletic Director type of role, not as the Athletic Director. Both Highsmith and Torretta are viewed as people that would be highly valued inside the building.

That's why you can't believe any of these dumb articles or insiders, no one knows jack ****e. Yesterday people claiming BK getting $15 million and people are losing their ****e. But in reality when it's quiet, you follow what makes sense. No restructuring contract news from Oregon, hasn't left for anywhere else, other top jobs being filled up, no word from Miami, = the logical pick, Cristobal to Miami likely already done and will be announced Sunday after the game, introduced on Monday/Tuesday of next week.

That’s a fair point

But do you realize the number of better AD candidates to be had other than Nunez???
No question there are better candidates. How many have been contacted? How many have no interest? All questions no one can answer except those involved in the process.

Advertisement
The only optic that matters is who will be the HC at Miami next year. Getting a great HBC is 85% of the AD's job because when your football team is winning, the budget takes care of itself. If we have the HBC sorted, we are in great shape. And the only thing going on here, is every poster doing whatever they can to try to ensure that we get the worst candidate possible.

You're the guy here ripping Nunez for being at LSU when the Title IX scandal happened, while simultaneously begging for Jurich, who was literally fired for cause and sued UL and negotiated a settlement. You are undermining your own credibility because you don't know ****.

Furthermore, again, for the 120th time...

The only FACTUAL news we have is good news. Blake was fired. The Prez and a bunch of billionaires are committed, publicly, to throwing massive resources to bring us to glory. Massive, seismic changes are happening.

Everything else is crybaby posters eating every rumor hook, like and sinker like so many fish. Or should I say sheep?

You all don't love UM football. You love hating UM football. A miserable, self-loathing lot. Otherwise you'd be wiling to wait a couple of weeks to make sure your worst nightmares aren't true and that the boogeyman isn't coming for you before running off at the mouth.

If it's Mario, and that is the leading rumor... he has a game Friday. Maybe stop screaming and THINK for a minute. If it's Mario, and Manny's buyout really does drop this week, then everything is going perfectly to plan and smart decisions are being made. Do we know this to be true? Of course, not, but who's side are you f'ing on? UF's? ND's? FSU's? Because you are doing their fanbase's job for them. Please don't continue to poison the environment.
This is naive at best. We are seeing a sad reality unfold in front of us and you’re going Baghdad Bob on me. If you’re going to accuse me of not loving Miami football because I’m speaking out, then you should include the owners of this site who were literally asking us to email BOT members. You might be okay with this, but I certainly am not. There should be no trust in the leadership, new money or old, to get this right. If anything, more people should be alarmed based on two decades of bull**** and the absolute clown show that has been this AD search. We get a new donor class and the first thing they do is try to create the Columbia Cartel? How is that different than what we had? Just because there is more capital doesn’t mean it will be allocated correctly. The people who are poisoning the environments are fans like you that continue to support obvious ineptitude

On the issue of Jurich vs Nunez - I will willingly admit that I am more in favor of taking a chance on him based on his long track record of success. His upside out weighs his downside in my opinion. He is also an outsider with no ties to Miami. I think we need that in the AD spot specifically. It doesn’t have to even be Jurich, but you are lying if you say that Nunez is being considered for anything besides familiarity.

all of the real AD candidates probably laughed in our face when we told them Zo/Gino were going to overlook the football program. what legit AD is going to place his fate in the hands of someone who is forced on him?

edit: can't forget the part of us forcing a coach on him too.

Advertisement
Hypothetical situation doesn't really apply. Especially since App St. Isn't good at basketball or football.

Unless they beat Billy Napier this weekend lol
You must have a typo…App State isn’t good in football?? They are playing for their conference yet again with a winning season and they’ve been phenomenally successful in the Sun Belt as a small school powerhouse. Meanwhile 5 loss Miami isn’t playing for squat yet again

That's why you can't believe any of these dumb articles or insiders, no one knows jack ****e. Yesterday people claiming BK getting $15 million and people are losing their ****e. But in reality when it's quiet, you follow what makes sense. No restructuring contract news from Oregon, hasn't left for anywhere else, other top jobs being filled up, no word from Miami, = the logical pick, Cristobal to Miami likely already done and will be announced Sunday after the game, introduced on Monday/Tuesday of next week.
I read your post in a soft soothing voice and I feel better now, thank you.

This is naive at best. We are seeing a sad reality unfold in front of us and you’re going Baghdad Bob on me. If you’re going to accuse me of not loving Miami football because I’m speaking out, then you should include the owners of this site who were literally asking us to email BOT members. You might be okay with this, but I certainly am not. There should be no trust in the leadership, new money or old, to get this right. If anything, more people should be alarmed based on two decades of bull**** and the absolute clown show that has been this AD search. We get a new donor class and the first thing they do is try to create the Columbia Cartel? How is that different than what we had? Just because there is more capital doesn’t mean it will be allocated correctly. The people who are poisoning the environments are fans like you that continue to support obvious ineptitude

On the issue of Jurich vs Nunez - I will willingly admit that I am more in favor of taking a chance on him based on his long track record of success. His upside out weighs his downside in my opinion. He is also an outsider with no ties to Miami. I think we need that in the AD spot specifically. It doesn’t have to even be Jurich, but you are lying if you say that Nunez is being considered for anything besides familiarity.

I see the owners pushing a pressure campaign... I don't see them acting hysterical every time a new unsubstantiated rumor leaks on here. Which you literally did in your response, again. Columbus (FIFY) cartel lol. Talk about hysteria. In fact, I've seen them try to talk guys like you down in this very thread. Take a look.

So now you are moving the goalposts on the AD? Now it's that you don't like Nunez because you think he has a lack of experience, but you are willing to assault his character by trying to pin the LSU stuff on him, all while not only absolving Jurich, who again, was FIRED WITH CAUSE, but campaigning for him? You don't even know the details of what he did, or what really happened. But you are willing to willy-nilly put the entire well-being of Miami football on his shoulders while being completely ignorant to the details? And you have there gaul to criticize (and let me be clear, they deserve a TON of criticism) the admin? You're 10x worse.

Background checks are relatively binary, with just a few shades of grey. But you don't know or care.

You think you know better. You don't. Please take a breath, stop filling in the blanks with whatever anonymous nightmare you read on a message board or made up in your sleep, and let this play out.

Again, there is literally ZERO CONFIRMED bad news. Only CONFIRMED amazing news so far. Please save your vitriol until you are sure there is something to be vitriolic against. I'm sure if there is you will have plenty left in the tank. In the meantime, DO NO HARM.

Advertisement
Back