Been pestering

No it isn’t

This university has proven time and again it will make the wrong decisions…. For 1,000 different reasons

I get the waiting game for Mario. It’s a calculated risk… but still probably the best option

What makes zero sense is how the AD hiring and firing process has gone.
You were still excited on Christmas morning even though you knew there was a wrapped pair of socks under that tree.

Advertisement
Gonna be real here. They released another update on 247 and it essentially hints that we hired Mario but Mario isn’t a **** bag like Kelly and isn’t going to leave his kids hanging. He’s wants no distractions on this conference game and that game is extremely important to them and us. Here that portion.

- There is a lot of impatience as to why Miami is still operating in the manner of keeping Manny Diaz as the head coach while actively looking for an upgrade and we get it. To me, this boils down to operating in a manner in which your top target would not get turned off. Again, Mario Cristobal has a game to coach this week with Oregon squaring off against Utah in the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday. If parting ways with Manny Diaz could potentially make things awkward for Cristobal with having to deal with the speculation of the open Miami job in the public in the lead up to this week’s game, you operate in this manner. If that potential situation turns off the Oregon coach, you operate in this manner.

- Many have pointed out that Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly left his position, going to LSU, when the Irish technically have a chance at the College Football Playoff, so why would Miami struggle to pull Mario Cristobal during this time. I’d argue the situations are a little different for a number of reasons: 1). Cristobal’s regular season is not over. Kelly’s is finished. 2). With the move, Kelly is telling us that he believes the chance of Notre Dame ending up in this year’s College Football Playoff are extremely slim, so why not make the move now and recruit? 3.) Cristobal and Kelly are simply different personalities. The personality of every coach is unique and the approach they all take with a potential coaching search is different. If Mario Cristobal wants to finish out his regular season before the thought of potentially exploring any options, that has to be respected by Miami (and any other school).

Also Zo or Gino won’t be AD. Only Associate AD if that. Here’s that snippet

- I am still under the impression that the possibility of former players like Alonzo Highsmith and/or Gino Torretta joining Miami’s athletic department would be in an Associate Athletic Director type of role, not as the Athletic Director. Both Highsmith and Torretta are viewed as people that would be highly valued inside the building.
Makes too much sense.

Gonna be real here. They released another update on 247 and it essentially hints that we hired Mario but Mario isn’t a **** bag like Kelly and isn’t going to leave his kids hanging. He’s wants no distractions on this conference game and that game is extremely important to them and us. Here that portion.

- There is a lot of impatience as to why Miami is still operating in the manner of keeping Manny Diaz as the head coach while actively looking for an upgrade and we get it. To me, this boils down to operating in a manner in which your top target would not get turned off. Again, Mario Cristobal has a game to coach this week with Oregon squaring off against Utah in the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday. If parting ways with Manny Diaz could potentially make things awkward for Cristobal with having to deal with the speculation of the open Miami job in the public in the lead up to this week’s game, you operate in this manner. If that potential situation turns off the Oregon coach, you operate in this manner.

- Many have pointed out that Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly left his position, going to LSU, when the Irish technically have a chance at the College Football Playoff, so why would Miami struggle to pull Mario Cristobal during this time. I’d argue the situations are a little different for a number of reasons: 1). Cristobal’s regular season is not over. Kelly’s is finished. 2). With the move, Kelly is telling us that he believes the chance of Notre Dame ending up in this year’s College Football Playoff are extremely slim, so why not make the move now and recruit? 3.) Cristobal and Kelly are simply different personalities. The personality of every coach is unique and the approach they all take with a potential coaching search is different. If Mario Cristobal wants to finish out his regular season before the thought of potentially exploring any options, that has to be respected by Miami (and any other school).

- I am still under the impression that the possibility of former players like Alonzo Highsmith and/or Gino Torretta joining Miami’s athletic department would be in an Associate Athletic Director type of role, not as the Athletic Director. Both Highsmith and Torretta are viewed as people that would be highly valued inside the building.
It's when I read the Kelly part that I just don't believe the article.... Dude left for 15 mil a year.... If and I say If Miami threw that number out there for Mario he'd be out like a scout on a new route in a heartbeat...... Appreciate the article though... I mean there are parts that make sense..

Respectfully, I disagree. Blake James can say to his next interviewer that he has 7-8 years as an AD say a power five school, does that now make him competent? Actual AD experience should be a baseline experience, not a feather in the cap.

I think some part of the AD resume is overrated. If your teams win, you will fundraiser fine, and there is an element of luck in every hire. Jurich did seem to have a good eye in the hires, but his biggest appeal to me is he seems like a big picture, visionary guy who sees where the landscape is moving. This was evidenced by moving up two conferences during his tenure. In the coming years, we will need someone like that at the helm.
Completely agree with the last paragraph

Advertisement
Lmao. You can post anything on this site and get 95% off the people to fall for it.

It's when I read the Kelly part that I just don't believe the article.... Dude left for 15 mil a year.... If and I say If Miami threw that number out there for Mario he'd be out like a scout on a new route in a heartbeat...... Appreciate the article though... I mean there are parts that make sense..
There’s a way to do things and the way Kelly/Riley did it aren’t it. Cristobal wants no distractions and if that’s what your guy wants then you have to respect it. Not respecting it and putting it out to Fox Sports, ESPN, SI, etc is how you blow it up.

Everybody relax. This time next month you’ll be okay
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

Advertisement
My realistic thoughts are that when we get an AD he does change head Football and Basketball coaches. I can only hope that happens. Coach L has a problem of recruiting big guys for over 5 years now while FSU is always loaded . Now DiMare we are going to have to live with that as the baseball program is almost fully funded by his family . He has done a better job with less ships . That is just the way the NCAA works. So he recruits for his players to live at home if possible. Just a different animal than the rest . Yes we can debate it but trust me after watching baseball for 52 plus years that change not happening period. Changes in coaches in the program could happen but doubt that too. Again all these so called insiders. What makes you one. Your uncle knows someone who knows someone. Heck I’ve been a donor for almost 40 years , know Golden Canes and people right in the Football program and top heads in Hurricane Club. Does that make me an insider. **** they don’t know anymore than I do . But I can guess we will have an AD today or hopefully by tomorrow. Than I can claim see I was right. This is a bunch of bill. The biggest difference when we had the 80’s program and before there was no internet and we just had to hear and see it happen.

Blake James would've last 15 minutes at LSU in any capacity. Nunez had several different jobs over 14 years.

I see the point about his time at NM St, but what resources do they realistically have?

He's not my top choice by far, but he's light years better than Hernandez.
I agree with the last part for sure. Jurich is superior scandals or no scandals and passing on him is utterly insane, unless winning matters less than a potential power loss. Our BOT want hacks and yes men so I don’t think we will ever get anyone worth a ****.

There’s a way to do things and the way Kelly/Riley did it aren’t it. Cristobal wants no distractions and if that’s what your guy wants then you have to respect it. Not respecting it and putting it out to Fox Sports, ESPN, SI, etc is how you blow it up.
I'm not disagreeing with your point , just saying the cash is the main motivator in what the other two did...... I have to think Mario's agent wouldn't turn down that kinda cash if offered regardless of Oregon's position....

Advertisement

Literally bending over backwards for the guy - it's baffling.

Just bring me Lane Kiffin instead.

He’s at NMST; a perennial doormat with little resources. Not defending the guy but many things need to be looked at in the proper context. I’d say it’s much more challenging managing an AD in a school like that then somewhere with an unlimited budget.
Yes. If only we could find a guy who took an irrelevant commuter school from obscurity to major bowls, a national B Ball team with an all time coach, and admission to a P5 conference.

I agree with the last part for sure. Jurich is superior scandals or no scandals and passing on him is utterly insane, unless winning matters less than a potential power loss. Our BOT want hacks and yes men so I don’t think we will ever get anyone worth a ****.
I'm sure they got used to their yes man in Blake and they fear being able to have any control over Jurich.

Advertisement
You're willing to wait a decade to be relevant? Next AD moves us from ACC to SEC within 10 years and you will be happy?
if a decade from today the next AD had us in the SEC and ranked #2 in the country, while having every other sport (revenue and non-revenue) relevant, you wouldn't be happy? because if that happened I'd say we had one of the best AD's in the country.

It's clear they are waiting on Mario. And he has told them how he wanted this to play out and I'm sure Mario had input on who the AD would be.

Mario holds all the cards and power and this relationship is either going to be a boom or bust deal.

Mario appears to be an ethical man, I'm hoping for the best.....

Advertisement
Back