Beckham's New Miami MLS Stadium Site

RBhurricane87

Senior
152.jpg

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ript...ll_look_like_with_the_boat_slip_filled_in.php

You can pretty much forget about any sort of serious tailgating happening if UM ends up playing at this location.

Oh yeah, and traffic will still be an absolute nightmare.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Traffic getting to games will not be terrible and for the one big game a year traffic will be messy leaving. Tailgating will be interesting, not sure how it would work down there.

152.jpg

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ript...ll_look_like_with_the_boat_slip_filled_in.php

You can pretty much forget about any sort of serious tailgating happening if UM ends up playing at this location.

Are you kidding me? Have you been stuck in Downtown/Brickell traffic during rush hour or before a Heat game? It's a ******* **** show.

Neyland Stadium is next to downtown Knoxville and borders the Tennessee River. I've seen a crowd of 105,000 clear out in minutes. The difference is that they reverse some lanes in all directions to expedite cars towards the interstates and that instead of five cops standing around with one directing traffic they are all getting the job done. Don't know if this is still the case, but I don't think it's impossible to move a smaller traffic flow out of downtown Miami.

Traffic getting to games will not be terrible and for the one big game a year traffic will be messy leaving. Tailgating will be interesting, not sure how it would work down there.

152.jpg

Are you kidding me? Have you been stuck in Downtown/Brickell traffic during rush hour or before a Heat game? It's a ****ing **** show.

Traffic on Saturdays is not bad. Take the metro. I hope we move to this location. Sun Life sucks.

Advertisement
Are soccer crowds big enough to cause a real traffic concern? If they are shooting for 20-25K, I just don't see it ending up being big enough to play serious football in.

JMO - I think the soccer will happen, and football will not.

152.jpg

Are you kidding me? Have you been stuck in Downtown/Brickell traffic during rush hour or before a Heat game? It's a ****ing **** show.

Traffic on Saturdays is not bad. Take the metro. I hope we move to this location. Sun Life sucks.

What if I want to tailgate? Am I supposed to lug around all my stuff on the Metro?

I hate Sun Life just as much as the next guy, I just selfishly think Beckham needs to look elsewhere for a stadium site (somewhere more open and not in a congested Downtown area).

152.jpg

Rush hour traffic for a noon game on a Saturday?

Advertisement
This design doesn't look like a 40k stadium or the possibility of it being a 40k stadium. I think any hopes of us moving w/ Beckham is pretty much a done deal.

This design doesn't look like a 40k stadium or the possibility of it being a 40k stadium. I think any hopes of us moving w/ Beckham is pretty much a done deal.

It isn't even a real design. Its a rush job proposal for this particular site. The article in the Herald talks about the fact that this is nowhere near a final product.

Will there be any piers for folks to show up by water? A commute commute from Oleta State Park would be sweet!

Not familiar with the area, are there any bars/restaurants in the immediate area? I've seen Beckham reference Seattle several times. If any of you have been there; soccer, football, baseball (maybe not baseball anymore) they pregame at the nearby bars then walk to the stadium together chanting and singing. In Beckham's ideal world, he'd be able to recreate this. He doesn't care about tailgating.

Advertisement
Not familiar with the area, are there any bars/restaurants in the immediate area? I've seen Beckham reference Seattle several times. If any of you have been there; soccer, football, baseball (maybe not baseball anymore) they pregame at the nearby bars then walk to the stadium together chanting and singing. In Beckham's ideal world, he'd be able to recreate this. He doesn't care about tailgating.

Bayside is on the other side of the AAA. Plenty of bars/dining, a band stand, and within walking distance. The trick is gonna be the parking.

152.jpg

Rush hour traffic for a noon game on a Saturday?

We've played Thursday night and Friday night games before, have we not?

Plus, there's always ******* traffic in Miami. It doesn't matter if it's a weekday or the weekend.

Advertisement
IMO the chance of a Miami move is dead, it's gonna be 25k and Ross is upgrading Sun Life...nothing to see, move along.

IMO the chance of a Miami move is dead, it's gonna be 25k and Ross is upgrading Sun Life...nothing to see, move along.

agree..canes and this deal are DOA..personally i would love to see this happen even if it doesn't include us. i think long term this is good for the city.

I think the fact that this will be accessible by many via metrorail will really help traffic, parking and attendance. You wont need to carry your stuff on the metrorail, you will just need to plan better, which most people will do to take advantage of saving $30 per car.

Advertisement
Back