Beat Duke AND

Advertisement
So .... Your saying there's a chance?
200.gif

If VT beats GT this weekend, I don't believe Miami can win the Coastal. Lots would have to happen even if GT upsets them, but I'm fairly certain that if VT wins, Miami will not be able to win any tiebreakers after that point.

If VT beats GT this weekend, I don't believe Miami can win the Coastal. Lots would have to happen even if GT upsets them, but I'm fairly certain that if VT wins, Miami will not be able to win any tiebreakers after that point.
Not only that, they could still lose against GT but still make it in over us.

Always assuming UVA would beat GT (which they did), we needed VT to lose twice before heading into their matchup against UVA and winning.

Only way we get in above these two teams now is if VT loses to GT, Pitt and then beats UVA. In other words -- ain't gonna happen.

Advertisement
Exactly. And if we play lights out the final 2 games with a very strong finish...and the Coastal champ doesn't look good at all down the stretch and against Clemson...the Orange Bowl committee would have to at least consider us right? Especially if coastal champ isn't ranked at the end of the year

Fairly certain Notre dame will get acc orange bowl spot if they win ten.

Million-to-one shot, I know.

But to win the ACC Coastal, here is what must happen:

1. VaTech beats UVA in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
2. VaTech loses to Georgia Tech in Week 12 and to Pitt in Week 13.
3. If UNC wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to NC State in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
4. If Pitt wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to BC in Week 14/Rivalry Week.

5 losses. One is guaranteed (UNC-Pitt this Thursday night).

Week 12 - root for GaTech over VaTech

Week 13 - root for Pitt over VaTech

Week 14 - root for VaTech over UVa, root for NC State over UNC, root for BC over Pitt, and obviously root for Miami over Duke

Week 15 - root for Miami over Clemson

Bowl Game - root for Miami to finish 10-4

Isn't that about the same odds as winning the Lotto?

This year is a wash, we don't deserve to win the coastal after that awful home loss to GT.

Next year it's a must.

Advertisement
I’ll be happy with dominating any team we face the rest of the season and smashing A quality opponent in a bowl game. That is enough to end this season with some respectability and maybe be ranked at the beginning of next season.
It will show that we had some growing pains but we are making process and we’re also not a pushover team this next season.
Every year there’s a team that everyone says you would not want to face in a bowl game I think this is one of those years for us.

I don’t really want to make the ACC championship. We are just going to get blown out on national television and it’s going to stop all our momentum. Let’s just win our last two games and beat a good team in a bowl game
thank you someone gets it . People can spout this macho crap " we will beat anyone lets play clemson" but it is stupidity . They would still beat us by 20 . Not 40 like a few years ago but for sure 2 td . Lets keep this good momentum going and win out and going into offseason on high note. You can't have the last thing in recruits mind for the early signee period in Dec being our *** being beat .

At this point all we need to do is win out. Manny and staff have enough of a story to sell recruits on. We lost all of our games early on due to the staff transition and a whole bunch of underclass starters. Lets go win the Illegal Alien Bowl in west Texas and let UVA get smashed by Clemson. We'll be in a better position recruiting-wise if we don't have to face Clemson this season IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
F all that. I just want to win out, including dominating our bowl game opponent.

We can forget about making it to the ACCCG, but what I'm interested in is -- assuming we win out and do it convincingly -- what bowl game would we get in to?

Bowl games LOVE to pick Miami. I remember in Richt's first season we ended up going to a more lucrative bowl game than VT despite having lost to VT and VT having a better record than us.

If we're 8-4 and finish 4th in the coastal and 6th in the ACC, we still might make it to the second or third best bowl game an ACC team can get into. Hoping that means us sneaking into the Music City Bowl (against an SEC opponent) or the Camping World Bowl (against a BIG 12 opponent).

I’ll be happy with dominating any team we face the rest of the season and smashing A quality opponent in a bowl game. That is enough to end this season with some respectability and maybe be ranked at the beginning of next season.
It will show that we had some growing pains but we are making process and we’re also not a pushover team this next season.
Every year there’s a team that everyone says you would not want to face in a bowl game I think this is one of those years for us.
Well said. Let’s wrap the season by dominating every opponent, tear apart our bowl game matchup (hopefully it will be a decent enough team) and get ranked in the final 25 for the year. Hopefully we tie up the loose ends in recruiting and start the year with a ranking in the teens to get a jump on the momentum shift for the 2020 season. That would be a great finish and start to next year.

Advertisement
Back