Beat Duke AND

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
Million-to-one shot, I know.

But to win the ACC Coastal, here is what must happen:

1. VaTech beats UVA in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
2. VaTech loses to Georgia Tech in Week 12 and to Pitt in Week 13.
3. If UNC wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to NC State in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
4. If Pitt wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to BC in Week 14/Rivalry Week.

5 losses. One is guaranteed (UNC-Pitt this Thursday night).

Week 12 - root for GaTech over VaTech

Week 13 - root for Pitt over VaTech

Week 14 - root for VaTech over UVa, root for NC State over UNC, root for BC over Pitt, and obviously root for Miami over Duke

Week 15 - root for Miami over Clemson

Bowl Game - root for Miami to finish 10-4

Advertisement
I love this board.

I read mind-numbingly stupid **** every day. People can’t figure out if Jarren Williams has an arm or not, Jeff Thomas is a head case or not...Shaq is a legend or can’t make a play....Enos is trash or is a head coaching candidate....

but you ask Canes fans to figure out our odds to make the ACCCG and we turn into the love child of Rain Man and Albert Einstein

Fascinating

Just hope we blowout the next two teams and win the bowl game against a quality team.

The Coastal has no meaning to me this season.
Exactly. And if we play lights out the final 2 games with a very strong finish...and the Coastal champ doesn't look good at all down the stretch and against Clemson...the Orange Bowl committee would have to at least consider us right? Especially if coastal champ isn't ranked at the end of the year

Advertisement
1C2883A2-0BAB-4D88-869A-3BE1B0F6F543.jpeg
Thanks for doing the math

Million-to-one shot, I know.

But to win the ACC Coastal, here is what must happen:

1. VaTech beats UVA in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
2. VaTech loses to Georgia Tech in Week 12 and to Pitt in Week 13.
3. If UNC wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to NC State in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
4. If Pitt wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to BC in Week 14/Rivalry Week.

5 losses. One is guaranteed (UNC-Pitt this Thursday night).

Week 12 - root for GaTech over VaTech

Week 13 - root for Pitt over VaTech

Week 14 - root for VaTech over UVa, root for NC State over UNC, root for BC over Pitt, and obviously root for Miami over Duke

Week 15 - root for Miami over Clemson

Bowl Game - root for Miami to finish 10-4
I've got a headache now.

Isn’t the 1st tie breaker of a three way tie record vs the other 2 teams?

a VaTech over UvA victory means they would be be 2-0 vs us and uva. Eliminating uva (0-2) and then va tech getting the head 2 head nod vs us.

We need uva to win vs va tech.

My bad you guys are posting for out right champion. It ain’t gonna have happen. There hasn’t been a 3 league loss costal champ ever. We gonna need tie breaker magic.

Advertisement
Exactly. And if we play lights out the final 2 games with a very strong finish...and the Coastal champ doesn't look good at all down the stretch and against Clemson...the Orange Bowl committee would have to at least consider us right? Especially if coastal champ isn't ranked at the end of the year
They have to pick the highest CFP rated ACC team, which could easily be Miami if Florida ends well.

It won't happen, but whatever, we can always hope for the best. It's too bad it's such a long shot, because I am a little curious as to how we stack up against Clemson this time around, with a real QB and a team that doesn't quit.

Isn’t the 1st tie breaker of a three way tie record vs the other 2 teams?

a VaTech over UvA victory means they would be be 2-0 vs us and uva. Eliminating uva (0-2) and then va tech getting the head 2 head nod vs us.

We need uva to win vs va tech.

My bad you guys are posting for out right champion. It ain’t gonna have happen. There hasn’t been a 3 league loss costal champ ever. We gonna need tie breaker magic.
Wrong. UVA only has 1 ACC game left and they are currently one game ahead of us in the coastal. Should UVA beat VT, we are out.

Advertisement
We won’t get there. Too many things have to happen for us to get to Charlotte, and we **** the bed Too many times earlier this year to qualify, including against Florida.

However, I think we would stack up much better against the Tigers this year. We might even keep the game within 10 points.

Advertisement
I don’t really want to make the ACC championship. We are just going to get blown out on national television and it’s going to stop all our momentum. Let’s just win our last two games and beat a good team in a bowl game

Advertisement
Back