Beat Duke AND

Advertisement
Miami not beating Va Tech is what really fcked things up.
That and the UNC game you can direct the blame squarely on the coaches shoulders.

I wonder if Manny is honest with himself at the end of the season and asks himself -- just how much was Blake involved in the turnaround defensively after the VT game?

If the answer is not much, then I don't see why he belongs to stay on here. If Manny has been carrying the load scheme wise defensively as of late, we should move on and improve the staff -- whether it be a veteran DC to take over the defense or have Manny continue essentially being a DC and hire a "DC" that's really here to be an ace in recruiting.

Advertisement
According to our favorite writer, Susan Miller Degnan, we have a decent chance of getting picked to play in the Orange Bowl if no other ACC team is ranked in the College Football Playoff Committee's final top 25, outside of Clemson.

If that is the case, then the OB gets to choose an ACC team to play vs a team from the Big 10, SEC or Notre Dame.

So, she says we have to root for Wake, UVA and Pitt to lose a game or two to guarantee they are not in the final 25.

It seems a bit too simple and I am sure old Susan might be talking out of her ***, but at this point I am looking for any way to get excited about a bowl game.

I love this board.

I read mind-numbingly stupid **** every day. People can’t figure out if Jarren Williams has an arm or not, Jeff Thomas is a head case or not...Shaq is a legend or can’t make a play....Enos is trash or is a head coaching candidate....

but you ask Canes fans to figure out our odds to make the ACCCG and we turn into the love child of Rain Man and Albert Einstein

Fascinating

Hilarious, but true!!

Advertisement
I don't see any non-Clemson team being ranked going into the bowls. VT/UVA/Pitt will all have 4 losses after the championship game (whoever gets there will get their 4th in that game, the others before that). Wake gets their beatdown this week, and only their 3rd loss, but enough to knock them out. Plus, they look bad on the computers.

We will sell out the OB - Wake and those others won't. We win out, and Clemson takes care of business, and I think we're there.

I don't see any non-Clemson team being ranked going into the bowls. VT/UVA/Pitt will all have 4 losses after the championship game (whoever gets there will get their 4th in that game, the others before that). Wake gets their beatdown this week, and only their 3rd loss, but enough to knock them out. Plus, they look bad on the computers.

We will sell out the OB - Wake and those others won't. We win out, and Clemson takes care of business, and I think we're there.
VT may run the table until the ACCCG. If that's the case, I figure a 9-4 VT team gets in over us.

ND isn’t allowed to take the ACC Orange Bowl spot. The ACC automatically gets a spot, and ND, an SEC team or a Big 10 team gets the other spot.

Thanks for clarification. In that case, it probably ends up w coastal champ. My guess is, ... Virginia Tech

Posters don’t want to play Clemson but want to schedule Alabama to replace bye weeks....

fascinating

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Million-to-one shot, I know.

But to win the ACC Coastal, here is what must happen:

1. VaTech beats UVA in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
2. VaTech loses to Georgia Tech in Week 12 and to Pitt in Week 13.
3. If UNC wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to NC State in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
4. If Pitt wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to BC in Week 14/Rivalry Week.

5 losses. One is guaranteed (UNC-Pitt this Thursday night).

Week 12 - root for GaTech over VaTech

Week 13 - root for Pitt over VaTech

Week 14 - root for VaTech over UVa, root for NC State over UNC, root for BC over Pitt, and obviously root for Miami over Duke

Week 15 - root for Miami over Clemson

Bowl Game - root for Miami to finish 10-4
I think VT wins both of those games unfortunately. I hate they play absolutely nobody all year long and I hate even more we completely sh-t the best against them and GT. If not for that we wouldn’t be talking about any of this.

Advertisement
I don’t really want to make the ACC championship. We are just going to get blown out on national television and it’s going to stop all our momentum. Let’s just win our last two games and beat a good team in a bowl game

Agree... if we play in the ACC championship game we are going to get embarrassed again on national television. And we don’t want a recruit like Flowe who is choosing between us and Clemson to witness that.

Winning out the last two games of the season and winning whatever bowl we end up playing in is the best scenario.

I really dont care... after that GT debacle in my eyes this season has been about making much needed changes/coming to jesus moments

weve done that on offense with Enos canning his under center constant play action...
thats a BIG check mark

Seeing next years playmakers start to show up.... Greg, Wiggins, Harris, Bolden(was really coming on before that injury), Gurvan is finally showing up,
Big check mark

Manny feeling pressure and realizing some errors is a great sign that he’s flexible and really wants to make this work. Stubbornness is what has doomed our previous coaches...

I want a bowl vs a SEC opponent . Finish 9-4 that’s a successful 1st year to me with a inexperienced o line and first year starting qb

Million-to-one shot, I know.

But to win the ACC Coastal, here is what must happen:

1. VaTech beats UVA in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
2. VaTech loses to Georgia Tech in Week 12 and to Pitt in Week 13.
3. If UNC wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to NC State in Week 14/Rivalry Week.
4. If Pitt wins this Thursday, we need them to lose to BC in Week 14/Rivalry Week.

5 losses. One is guaranteed (UNC-Pitt this Thursday night).

Week 12 - root for GaTech over VaTech

Week 13 - root for Pitt over VaTech

Week 14 - root for VaTech over UVa, root for NC State over UNC, root for BC over Pitt, and obviously root for Miami over Duke

Week 15 - root for Miami over Clemson

Bowl Game - root for Miami to finish 10-4
I played this what needs to happen to get into the playoffs game as a Dolphin fan growing up. It never worked out. Just win out and earn respect.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Back