Beast takes umbrage with Manny tweeting after Kobe died

And just for a "reality check":

Thousands of people died yesterday also-- probably MANY much better human beings than Kobe who did much more meaningful things with their lives than put a ball into a hoop.... Soldiers, nurses, firefights, teachers who will never be known or recognized by anyone on the planet except their family and friends....

Yeah Kobe was a great bball player and family man.... he wasn't some saint.

Advertisement
I agree with this, I’m totally over Manny on social media. But there are some times he has to tweet, for example when a recruit commits, because the recruit himself is expecting that confirmation and affirmation through social media.

So the tweet in question was a recruiting tweet which is something absolutely the coaches have to do. The kids are expecting it. It’s just part of doing business, and every school does it. So this was not one of Manny’s look at me tweets. Add to that at the time of the tweets there was no confirmation of the actual event.

but yes, in general, I don’t want to hear from Manny unless I see much much better coaching and a minimum of 11 wins minimum this upcoming season.

Stop trying to dazzle people with bullshlt, and get to the job of beings real leader
We are on the same page

Does Manny have to tweet after every commit, which we know is essentially meaningless?

I wish his social media presence was more old man style like Mark Richt

And get rid of the touchdown rings and turnover chain, I’m really tired of the “look at me culture” that permeates the UM team from top to bottom

I agree with this, I’m totally over Manny on social media. But there are some times he has to tweet, for example when a recruit commits, because the recruit himself is expecting that confirmation and affirmation through social media.

So the tweet in question was a recruiting tweet which is something absolutely the coaches have to do. The kids are expecting it. It’s just part of doing business, and every school does it. So this was not one of Manny’s look at me tweets. Add to that at the time of the tweets there was no confirmation of the actual event.

but yes, in general, I don’t want to hear from Manny unless I see much much better coaching and a minimum of 11 wins minimum this upcoming season.

Stop trying to dazzle people with bullshlt, and get to the job of beings real leader

I agree and I think we all do but unfortunately it is one of the things he does well.... He had everyone buying into "TNM" last year and it flopped. He has obvious deficiencies as a gameday manager BUT I have to give him credit for King, Roche, keeping this class at top 15 level, and now creating new hype this offseason. He is selling some BS and kids are still buying it.

No team ranked higher than us had a losing record last year, coupled with how bad some of the losses were, it is a mini miracle we aren't in a USC type situation.

The Beast is a no talent, surly, irrelevant, miserable sack of obesity.

And I'm fairly certain that his sister is "Buffy" London, the infamous scam artist (including "Typing by Buffy") who lived across from UM in the 1980s and 1990s.

Apparently, the Law School admitted her while waiting on her "final transcripts" and then had to remove her from the campus just before her first semester final exams.

Good lord, she was a disgusting lifeform, always dressed in that mumu and sweating profusely.

Advertisement
And I'm fairly certain that his sister is "Buffy" London, the infamous scam artist (including "Typing by Buffy") who lived across from UM in the 1980s and 1990s.

Apparently, the Law School admitted her while waiting on her "final transcripts" and then had to remove her from the campus just before her first semester final exams.

Good lord, she was a disgusting lifeform, always dressed in that mumu and sweating profusely.

I never heard of this. Of course, I had no real connection to the Law school other than a couple of courses that were taught by their faculty. Renée something or other and an older prof, he may have been the dean, LOL, I don’t even know.

What kind of scams was she running?

How many of us stopped doing our jobs because Kobe died? Why should Manny have to stop doing his job and how long is appropriate? I don’t understand how Manny’s or any other coach’s recruiting habits somehow disrespects the memory of an NBA player.
Yes, the whole world needs to shut down because a retired basketball player died. What a freaking idiot.

I never heard of this. Of course, I had no real connection to the Law school other than a couple of courses that were taught by their faculty. Renée something or other and an older prof, he may have been the dean, LOL, I don’t even know.

What kind of scams was she running?

One thing she did was to run a "typing service" (in the days before everyone had a laptop), where she would type term papers for people. She used to run classified ads in The Miami Hurricane, "Typing by Buffy". She would give back error-filled papers and then claim that the person who gave her the stuff was to blame (from what people told me, as I typed all my own stuff).

She was also running rent scams, particularly aimed at international students. She had one of the Red Roofs, on the top floor, and she subdivided the space into a bunch of 5 x 10 foot spaces. A friend of mine bought her condo out of foreclosure, and had to do all kinds of renovations, she was even renting space out on the rooftop patio (she just threw up some plywood walls to create "rooms").

Just about any scam you could think of that took advantage of students, she would do it. You used to be able to see her waddling her 300 pounds around campus in her mumus and flip flops. Just a frightening and fugly life form.

Oh, and she had a ton of versions of her name, to stay ahead of the law. J. Buffy London was the one she used for the classified ads and business ventures.

Advertisement
One thing she did was to run a "typing service" (in the days before everyone had a laptop), where she would type term papers for people. She used to run classified ads in The Miami Hurricane, "Typing by Buffy". She would give back error-filled papers and then claim that the person who gave her the stuff was to blame (from what people told me, as I typed all my own stuff).

She was also running rent scams, particularly aimed at international students. She had one of the Red Roofs, on the top floor, and she subdivided the space into a bunch of 5 x 10 foot spaces. A friend of mine bought her condo out of foreclosure, and had to do all kinds of renovations, she was even renting space out on the rooftop patio (she just threw up some plywood walls to create "rooms").

Just about any scam you could think of that took advantage of students, she would do it. You used to be able to see her waddling her 300 pounds around campus in her mumus and flip flops. Just a frightening and fugly life form.

Oh, and she had a ton of versions of her name, to stay ahead of the law. J. Buffy London was the one she used for the classified ads and business ventures.

That‘s insane. My last year was in the mid 90’s so I don’t even know if the time frames match up. But I can assure you I would never be availing myself of any of her services either because I never used any typing services, I had a desktop, I can’t even remember if I had a laptop back then or not, and I wouldn’t be in the market for one of her accommodations in the first place.

Mannys done a good job throttling down his tweets this offseason, which is a nice change, and hopefully indicative of more changes to come.

Mannys done a good job throttling down his tweets this offseason, which is a nice change, and hopefully indicative of more changes to come.

I would hope so. To be honest, I’m not even paying attention to him other than what I read or see here. And I don’t come on this site that often anymore, just a recent flurry because of some encouraging news on the transfer front.

Otherwise the only thing I’m interested in seeing from Manny is his won-loss record of next year. How he manages the team through adversity, how he manages his atrocious record of the team being prepared after bye weeks.

I’m not on here bashing him 24/7 because that’s just not me. But I have to be honest and say I can’t even stand the sight of him anymore. I am in 100% show me mode and as far as I’m concerned he’s got one year to show me. But you won’t see me posting that 24/7 on here like some negative mopes do.

I wasn’t on the record as liking the hire, I didn’t necessarily hate the hire, but I just didn’t make it my job to post that 24/7 either. I probably had some not so flattering reactions immediately after he was hired, but that was the extent of it. Bottom line it’s always been about results, the difference now is Manny has 0% slack

Advertisement
i was disgusted with that beast tweet. the world doesn't stop because Kobe died. people are acting a little over the top over this. it is a tragedy but we all don't have to stop what we are doing on account of it.

Beast needs to STFU. Dude is just trying to make a name for himself. Manny still got a job to do.

OMG I haven’t thought about her in years. We lived in Red Roof while she was there running her scams. Her power got shut off once and she tried to get us to allow her to run a power cord from our unit to hers in an attempt to power her unit — with the promise of big payment. We smartly declined. She was a complete nut.

Advertisement
OMG I haven’t thought about her in years. We lived in Red Roof while she was there running her scams. Her power got shut off once and she tried to get us to allow her to run a power cord from our unit to hers in an attempt to power her unit — with the promise of big payment. We smartly declined. She was a complete nut.

What was the timeframe of her reign of terror?

Advertisement
Back