Beast Hawaiian DL

robertpaige

Frosh
Everyone says we need one, here's my candidate:

Canton Kaumatule – Punahou (HI) – 6’6” 265
C/O 2015

Plays for the same school Manti Te'o did

Only offer so far: UCLA

Kid is a legit 6'6" and dwarfs and overpowers everyone he plays with. Brother plays at Stanford right now, so I feel like we'd need to jump on this kid early in order to have a shot. Family really values academics.

Hudl Highlights

Kid knows how to work too, as he outlines his workout routine:

"What’s your training focus?
I’ve mainly been focusing on power. I’ve been hitting the weight room six days a week, and finally got my bench press up to 365.

What does your workout routine consist of?
I dedicate one day to one big muscle and one small muscle and usually do push and pull exercises.

Monday is upper body — chest and biceps, bench press, incline and flys. On Tuesday, I focus on back and neck. The following day I do shoulders and more neck and a half-hour core workout. On Thursday I do squats and lunges using a Hex Bar. Friday I do whatever else I wanted to work on that week.

What kind of training do you do outside of the weight room?
Saturday I do a bodyweight workout because the weight room isn’t open. (OP note: WANTTTT!!) I do a lot of leg work like lunges up a hill or squats and more pushups and pullups.

Everyday I do at least 200 pushups. I’ll do 20, wait a little, then do 20 more. My feet are always elevated on anything I can find — usually a chair.

I also run with my team. We do striders and “snakes” on the bleachers. We run all the way up, then across and down the stairs and run all the way back up."
http://www.usatodayhss.com/amfam/article/canton-kaumatule-punahou-all-usa-football

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very very very hard to pull top kids out of Hawaii. Especially when they have decent/very good options in cal, ucla, usc, Stanford much closer. Utah, Washington, etc...

Now that is a big country strong dude! Good find RP.

Go Canes

I opened this thread up hoping Paranos would have some input

143.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
KIDS here in Hawai'i love Miami.
I always encourage the young braddahs to go to the U but they always say they don't know much about it.

The competition level is actually pretty high in Hawai'i. Like most states our private schools play the best ball. Punahou is a private school that sends 4-5 kids to college every year. If you play at Punahou you are good. Our top schools are Punahou, Saint Louis, Kamehameha and Iolani when you talk about the private schools. That's also usually our top competition. Some guys can't go to private school and stick to local schools.

Best Private schools
Punahou
Saint Louis
Kamehameha
Iolani

Best Public Schools
Kahuku
Leilehua
Mililani
Waianae

If you look at the NFL players by state, Hawai'i is always in the top 10 per capita. The talent base is actually pretty good for such a small Island. We have less than 1million people on O'ahu and we sent 40+ football players to college this past year. A TON of our guys are highly rated at their position. From Manti Te'o to Kennedy Tulimasealii. Some guys don't get highly recruited because we can't afford the flights to the mainland camps. That's where guys get noticed. The ones that can afford $900 flights to anywhere in the country usually get recruited. KAHUKU high school would definitely hang with some mainland kids. They ranked number 28 in the nation. Hawai'i high schools always invite top west coast schools to come play us every season to gage where our kids are at.

I'm currently working the following kids to go to the U.
Lamone Williams 6'3 250lb DE from Kahuku
Manly Williams 6'2 235lb LB from Farrington
Dayton Furuta is 6'3 215LB from Mililani. Let me tell ya'll he is the next Manti Te'o and I'm really working this kid. If he comes to the U I promise all my mainland braddahs will love it.

KIDS here in Hawai'i love Miami.
I always encourage the young braddahs to go to the U but they always say they don't know much about it.

The competition level is actually pretty high in Hawai'i. Like most states our private schools play the best ball. Punahou is a private school that sends 4-5 kids to college every year. If you play at Punahou you are good. Our top schools are Punahou, Saint Louis, Kamehameha and Iolani when you talk about the private schools. That's also usually our top competition. Some guys can't go to private school and stick to local schools.

Best Private schools
Punahou
Saint Louis
Kamehameha
Iolani

Best Public Schools
Kahuku
Leilehua
Mililani
Waianae

If you look at the NFL players by state, Hawai'i is always in the top 10 per capita. The talent base is actually pretty good for such a small Island. We have less than 1million people on O'ahu and we sent 40+ football players to college this past year. A TON of our guys are highly rated at their position. From Manti Te'o to Kennedy Tulimasealii. Some guys don't get highly recruited because we can't afford the flights to the mainland camps. That's where guys get noticed. The ones that can afford $900 flights to anywhere in the country usually get recruited. KAHUKU high school would definitely hang with some mainland kids. They ranked number 28 in the nation. Hawai'i high schools always invite top west coast schools to come play us every season to gage where our kids are at.

I'm currently working the following kids to go to the U.
Lamone Williams 6'3 250lb DE from Kahuku
Manly Williams 6'2 235lb LB from Farrington
Dayton Furuta is 6'3 215LB from Mililani. Let me tell ya'll he is the next Manti Te'o and I'm really working this kid. If he comes to the U I promise all my mainland braddahs will love it.

Awesome post! Love the insight. Definitely keep it up with making sure Miami's on these kids' radars! I'm always looking for new talent, and really love some of the prospects coming out of Hawaii. I agree with you on the level of competition, I would rank Hawaii prep football in the top 20 in the nation. And definitely keep in Manly's ear, he was one of my favorites out of the guys I looked at from Hawaii - Farrington has a good squad

Advertisement
I know, they have yet to offer so I was hoping we might be able to jump in there early. But I'm sure that now that he's blown up all the Cali schools will be on him

Advertisement
Get him on a visit and let him go out fishing with the Linder's and McDermott's. Make him feel like home. See what happens.

Advertisement
Back