Bat Signal - UCF C Matt Lee Transfers to Miami

Anywhowho...

Is this Lee fella actually any good or did we just bring on Kennedy 2.0?
I haven't watched him but Oklahoma was hoping he was going there. If we didn't have Mario/Mirabel then their OL coach, Bedenbaugh, would be the next best in my opinion.

We can question Mario about plenty. But recruiting in general and OL more specifically is one of those things he can't really be questioned on

Advertisement
With Mario and Mirabal the best five will start. That does not include the freshman. I'm not sure why everyone wants to keep putting Samson and Francis in the starting lineup. However, it wouldn't be CIS without the typical incoming freshman are already Freshman/Greentree All-Americans. You don't want to start Freshmen on the line of scrimmage ever if you can help it. There's a reason most lineman don't start as freshman because that position needs a year or two of college strength and conditioning.

Cohen
Rivers
Lee
Cooper
Zion

Not exactly sure how they'll line up, but if healthy there's your best five.

Advertisement
Who would the weakness be on the o-line now

Relying on freshmen.
Zion coming off injury not sure if he even plays for Miami next year
Rivers coming off major injury

Lots of question marks heading into next year.

We have added talent for sure but a lot still has to be fixed and worked on

With Mario and Mirabal the best five will start. That does not include the freshman. I'm not sure why everyone wants to keep putting Samson and Francis in the starting lineup. However, it wouldn't be CIS without the typical incoming freshman are already Freshman/Greentree All-Americans. You don't want to start Freshmen on the line of scrimmage ever if you can help it. There's a reason most lineman don't start as freshman because that position needs a year or two of college strength and conditioning.

Cohen
Rivers
Lee
Cooper
Zion

Not exactly sure how they'll line up, but if healthy there's your best five.
5 star freshmen actually start quite a bit now as they usually come in quite developed physically.

Relying on freshmen.
Zion coming off injury not sure if he even plays for Miami next year
Rivers coming off major injury

Lots of question marks heading into next year.

We have added talent for sure but a lot still has to be fixed and worked on
Is zion just waiting for a spring graduation to transfer ?

Advertisement
Is zion just waiting for a spring graduation to transfer ?

No clue just pointing out what could be an issue cause he asked what is a weakness now.

Everyone keep projecting Zion in their hypotheticals. Kid hasn’t played football in a year. I wouldn’t project him until I see he is practicing with Miami this spring and still on the roster this fall.

Advertisement
We sure about this after year 1? They continued to play justice even though he was getting abused out there. It took a season ending injury for them to replace him.

And his backup was worse. Seymour was terrible. We had a terrible line and depth it didn’t matter who they put out there. Some of these dudes wouldn’t even play at a lower level college if we are being honest.

Most of that was due to injuries on the OL and RB room, I thought when we were healthy the one thing we did well was run the ball. Yeah the last 4 games of the season it was rough but teams knew we were beat up front and couldn’t pass the ball so it made it difficult to run the ball.
Yes, but when an OL is weak and injured and incapable of creating gaps for the RB it is stupid to keep setting the offense up in tight or even bunch formations for short yardage and goal line plays as it allows the D to stack up and fill in all gaps, and the OL is not good enough to get any push.. Yet Gattis kept doing that over and over resulting in failed redzone visits and 3rd down conversions. With a decimated OL its better to spread wide so even when the OL gets overpowered at least there is some room for the RB to try and find a gap.

And his backup was worse. Seymour was terrible. We had a terrible line and depth it didn’t matter who they put out there. Some of these dudes wouldn’t even play at a lower level college if we are being honest.
I thought Cooper was the backup and shined when justice went out. Seymoure only played because Jakai went down late. I could be mistaken though.

I agree playing Seymoure at guard late in year was a new low for UM O line play. No disrespect to the young man but having him play guard in acc play is a travesty.

Advertisement
LT Zion
LG Rivers
C Lee
RG Cooper
RT Cohen

That’s the 5 if Rivers is ready to go Game 1

That’s a 7-5 line right there.

Only Cooper is physically imposing. Cohen is good, but he’s not going to **** you up on every down.

Okunlola and Mauigoa at least have the potential to do that.

Miami can’t continue to roll out the same G5 level scrubs and expect to win the ACC.

Only Cooper is physically imposing. Cohen is good, but he’s not going to **** you up on every down.

Miami can’t continue to roll out the same G5 level scrubs and expect to win the ACC.
But but Zion was projected high nfl pick.

Miami needs to pay someone a lot of money to find a true LT starter for next year

I know what you're saying, but the line is a little better than 7-5. Last year we were filled with G5 level scrubs. That OL would be a huge upgrade over the last 5 years and bring OL from a weakness to a consistent unit that doesn't lose us any games.

Agree that if we want OL to be a strength and Mario wants to start imposing his will on other teams we need guys like samson and francis in there. No one on that proposed OL would scare anyone like those guys have the potential to.

I want a time machine just to see the face of Mario and Mirabal when they saw for the first time the results of years of incompetent OL recruiting.

And while I'm there I'd tell Mario NOT to hire Gattis.
I don’t think people realize how bad the OL recruiting was. We actually had 2 centers and 3 guards starting the first game last year. Look how the body types have changed.

The way our online was built we could only play one way, finesse. And then those out of place players we started went down 1 by one. Rivers and Scaife were the only ones that weren’t projects from the start.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back