Bat signal...Marley Cook

Advertisement
Do Clark and Cook both only have 1 yr of eligibility left?
They are both entering 6th year because they each redshirted 2019 and because of Covid. It seems to me Cook definitely only has 1 year left, while CJ Clark COULD apply for a medical year because of a season ending injury in 2021. @TheOriginalCane could look at his bio and give a better answer than me.

They are both entering 6th year because they each redshirted 2019 and because of Covid. It seems to me Cook definitely only has 1 year left, while CJ Clark COULD apply for a medical year because of a season ending injury in 2021. @TheOriginalCane could look at his bio and give a better answer than me.

OK, from available data:

Marley Cook
2019 - played in 4 games, redshirted
2020 - played in 9 games, but COVID year
2021 - played in 11 games, "super-freshman" year
2022 - played in 13 games, "super-sophomore" year
2023 - played in 12 games, "super-junior" year
---Should have ONE YEAR to play one year, unless he was injured in 2024 and qualified for a medical redshirt

CJ Clark
2019 - played in 2 games, redshirted, had off-season surgery but does not appear to fulfill the medical redshirt requirements
2020 - played in 12 games, but COVID year
2021 - played in 3 games, but suffered season-ending injury, SHOULD qualify for a medical redshirt, "super-freshman" year
2022 - played in 13 games, "super-sophomore" year
2023 - played in 12 games, "super-junior" year
---Should have TWO YEARS to play two years, assuming he has applied for (or will apply for) the medical redshirt year

Essentially, nearly identical resumes, except for CJ Clark's injury in 2021.

Don't forget about Horton and Moten. They were big gets in the 2022 & 2023 classes. Can't sleep on them. We should see them getting snaps in the bowl game.

Absolutely, I count Horton and Moten as the youngins core. Moten started getting some reps at the end of the season. He has some interviews on Miami Flo channel and the kid has a great personality and is 100 percent all hurricane. I'm hoping Horton gets some snaps in the bowl game

Advertisement
Of the 85 most teams carry 16 OL & 16 DL. We're sitting at about 20 DL at the moment; there will definitely be attrition.
I feel like we have 30 scholarship guys in the Front 7 alone....

We have 2 LB recruits, with 4 Freshman that took a RS last year (unless we burned them on special team snaps), Bissainthe, Mauignoa, Chase Smith, and KJ Cloyd

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cook was a load in 2022, feel like he dropped off some in 2023. Was it personnel around him? Did he struggle with injury? New DL coach or DC?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back