Bat Signal - Cam McCormick Commits to the U!

Welcome to the U Cam!!!

1673826580932.jpeg

1673826625446.gif

1673826654944.gif

1673826683135.gif

1673826711387.gif

Advertisement
Nah. Recruit the heck out of him and I hope he turns out to be a solid addition. However, I think they should have rolled him out at a different time. Agree to disagree.
What different time? He was on his official visit this weekend and committed.

Lol Don't know how much it helps but.... I'm sure it doesn't hurt to add him in as a depth piece.
Reid was considered the “blocking” TE in this class. Once he decommitted I knew Canes were going to try to advance into the portal. Do I wish we would’ve added someone with more upside? Of course. But the roster definitely needed a TE to put their hand in the dirt.

Advertisement
Brantley is light, Mammarelli is in the portal (everyone keeps forgetting) and Arroyo is injured. And none of these guys have been "great" blockers so far.
Arroyo has potential as a blocker. Brantley is more of an H-Back with the most effective blocks he provides coming from motion

We don’t have a single TE on roster known for being a physical blocker.

The reason a kid like this is so rare In college football is because anybody who has been through the adversity he's been through has most likely medically retired. He's definitely perseverant.

I doubt he has NFL aspirations so he's probably just happy to be a part of a team and contribute and set an example..won't whine about playing time and can play a role on the field if needed.

Doesn't move the needle of excitement necessarily but makes the team better.
He thought he was signing up to work for the Ruiz law firm.

Advertisement

This kid is 100% a culture/character take. And if he can help block when we need him, then even better.

Pretty neat story too if you want to learn some about our new TE.. been through a TON of adversity.

Yep.

This is how you can tell the dumb fans from the good ones.

SOOOOO much of our problem last year was the culture among the players. I sat close enough to see it for multiple games.

This guy immediately becomes a team leader.

Is he enrolling in Miami's doctorate program? I mean as long as he's been in school, he has to have several Master degrees already right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brantley is light, Mammarelli is in the portal (everyone keeps forgetting) and Arroyo is injured. And none of these guys have been "great" blockers so far.
Why would we neeed a "Great" Blocking TE. I'd rather just have good ones who can actually catch...like we reasonably can assume we have. Mammarelli is in the portal - yeah I'd rather just keep him, Simple.

Advertisement
Back