Baseball RPI and the Postseason

Advertisement
You are a whiner. Just posting that observation makes you one. Clear, good. No anger, frustration yes. Low tolerance for folks who do not know how to cheer an organization on and hide behind semantics! I was not being negative just posting facts. Right. Looked thru your old posts, looking for those positive posts! Where is your post - "Hurricanes up to 34, if tournament started today we would be in!!" I rest my case. Later.

You make absolutely no sense, but, hey, if this makes you feel like a bigger man then so be it, you win the internet. Congratulations. How does it feel to be a superfan? Do you get a trophy? A t shirt? I've been a Miami baseball fan for close to 30 years, so excuse me while I laugh at your characterization of me and my fandom

RPI up to 26, 8 wins in a row. All should be more positive now! Keep moving up and getting better Canes!

RPI up to 26, 8 wins in a row. All should be more positive now! Keep moving up and getting better Canes!

I still see about four teams ahead of us who just can't mathematically sustain it with their northern schedules, so for all intents and purposes we are about at #22.

More importantly, in my opinion, is our outstanding ACC record. In the past, we have lost out on hosting despite a top 16 RPI because we were fifth or sixth in the conference. If we can stay in the top four we just might have an outside shot. Here's what needs to happen:

Pittsburgh - take 2 of 3
Notre Dame - sweep
Clemson - take 1 of 3
Duke - take 2 of 3
UNC - take 2 of 3

That puts us at 21-9 in the ACC and at least the #4 seed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice to see everyone playing nice together.

Solid run we are on. Has anyone being paying enough attention to trend the errors, starters, pen stats on the streak? Not asking for people to do anything, just asking if anyone has noticed anything specific about the run.

Advertisement
Baseball America now projects us hosting as a #1 seed, with Ole Miss, Nebraska and Hartford in the regional. What a difference a couple of weeks makes.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/2014-midseason-projected-field-of-64/

That would be a great regional for the fans. Hartford:noidea:

Someone has to be the #4 seed

Google Sean Newcomb. I want nothing to do with Hartford in a regional.

Just looked him up. He's 3-1 with 0.78 ERA. Opponents are hitting .133 against him. He has 7 starts, but only 3 wins, so I'm guessing his team doesn't give him much run support. If we did face him, we'd likely have to get a lights out pitching performance, and hope to scratch across a couple of runs.

Baseball America now projects us hosting as a #1 seed, with Ole Miss, Nebraska and Hartford in the regional. What a difference a couple of weeks makes.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/2014-midseason-projected-field-of-64/

Attaboy - report the good and the bad!

See...you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone:fistbump:

You are correct!! My bad!

I'm getting all misty eyed now.

Advertisement
Google Sean Newcomb. I want nothing to do with Hartford in a regional.

True, and there are a few others like him. A four seed is only a four seed if they don't have a #1-seed-caliber ace. We didn't win the Nebraska regional in 2006, Chris Cody of Manhattan won it for us.

Warren Nolan has us at 23 after tonight. Going to be hard to move up with the weak schedule we have coming up.

Warren Nolan has us at 23 after tonight. Going to be hard to move up with the weak schedule we have coming up.

You're right on, and I think our saving grace could be our conference record. I think we host with a 20-10 ACC record and top 3/4 finish even if the RPI stays around #20.

Advertisement
Back