Baseball RPI and the Postseason

And to think, I haven't changed my boxers since the last time we lost. ****, the things people do to keep winning streaks going.

Advertisement
Warren Nolan has us at 23 after tonight. Going to be hard to move up with the weak schedule we have coming up.

You're right on, and I think our saving grace could be our conference record. I think we host with a 20-10 ACC record and top 3/4 finish even if the RPI stays around #20.

We're 13-4 in the ACC right now. I would be extremely disappointed if we finished up 7-6 in our final 13. Clemson is the only very strong opponent we have left. UNC and Duke are both average opponents. ND is terrible and should be a sweep.

Warren Nolan has us at 23 after tonight. Going to be hard to move up with the weak schedule we have coming up.

You're right on, and I think our saving grace could be our conference record. I think we host with a 20-10 ACC record and top 3/4 finish even if the RPI stays around #20.

We're 13-4 in the ACC right now. I would be extremely disappointed if we finished up 7-6 in our final 13. Clemson is the only very strong opponent we have left. UNC and Duke are both average opponents. ND is terrible and should be a sweep.

Agreed, let me clarify.....I think 20-10 is a worst case scenario and STILL gets us a host. I agree that we are more likely to end up about 22-8.

Agreed, let me clarify.....I think 20-10 is a worst case scenario and STILL gets us a host. I agree that we are more likely to end up about 22-8.
I think how we do in the ACC tournament will be relevant as well. A poor showing, combined with an RPI in the 20s could cost us.

Advertisement
Great posts NotSince1985. Highly prescient! Unfortunately, this will be the year that UM does not make the NCAA baseball tournament. You should bet professionally!

And to think, I haven't changed my boxers since the last time we lost. ****, the things people do to keep winning streaks going.
329.gif

Advertisement
Back