Baseball Recruiting

Advertisement

This kid is an absolute stud. Hoping someone doesn't pull the trigger on him in the draft because he's a super advanced hitter. He should make it to campus, start day 1 and hit middle of the order.

Also haven't figured out why we aren't all over his teammate Herick Hernandez. LHP that is local to the area.. didn't really pitch until college. Smallish but sits 88-92 with a big breaking ball. Elite spin rates and deception. Easily a P5 weekend arm, especially if he dials in his control. Good K/9 and strong ERA, W/L, WHIP, etc. against a good schedule. He was the Miami Dade ace. Probably could slot in to be the Sunday guy. I've always though JD does a better job with lefties than he does righties anyway.

Miami Dade has another kid who pitched in relief that was low-mid 90s as a freshman named Julian Hernandez - originally out of Westminster Christian. Wipeout slider too. Could be a guy to watch next year but I'd be trying to get him to leave early and enroll before he blows up - similar to how we got Andrew Walters. He could easily pencil into the back-end of the bullpen next year.
Bump. Both guys on the new roster. 2 really strong pickups

Drew Dwyer looks like another strong pickup with stuff that misses bats. Likely factors into the weekend rotation or a long-relief role

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bump. Both guys on the new roster. 2 really strong pickups

Drew Dwyer looks like another strong pickup with stuff that misses bats. Likely factors into the weekend rotation or a long-relief role
So, are these guys truly diamonds in the rough or desperation moves since pitching was thin? And who is Slade Naturman - anyone w insight on him?

The kids from Miami Dade are good. Herick was drafted and Julian throws 92-96.

The Naturman kid.. I have no idea. Poor stats. Very poor.
Yes, the two guys from MDC were very important to get to come to Miami. I imagine both will push for starter roles, and eat up innings.
We need at least one of the freshmen to emerge as a solid contributer.
I might be more excited than others about the potential of this staff. The roles might will be still evolving come ACC play with all these young guys.

Advertisement
Analysis?
Good ball player. Low-ish ceiling due to size.

I saw that MSD team play a few times and he actually has surprising sneaky power. Might need to try to dial it back a little at the next level and hit for more contact/average. Not sure the power will translate to college, probably more flyouts with his current approach. Probably ends up being what I thought Lala would be after his one good season.

Advertisement

I saw that MSD team play a few times and he actually has surprising sneaky power. Might need to try to dial it back a little at the next level and hit for more contact/average. Not sure the power will translate to college, probably more flyouts with his current approach. Probably ends up being what I thought Lala would be after his one good season.
Thank you, would take a legit Lala

Frankly, it would be nice to see more guys on our team hit for contact periodically.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back