Baseball Recruiting

WWBA 17U this week, in Marietta

Lots of talent there, far too many to name.

Ole Miss Commit, but how do you miss a guy like this

Duke Commit, another miss out of IMG

Miami Commit, exciting prospect

ODU Commit, kid can hit
Nice. Is Anthony Trolongo up there? Another local kid we never contacted and Auburn locked him down. https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=576062

Advertisement
I think he's playing.in the championship game as we speak.

His exposure team is pretty good, lots of SEC committed players. Based out of TN
Great kid, great family. My daughter is friends with his little sister. His parents would have loved for him to played at Miami, but Auburn was on him since his Freshman summer in HS when they saw him play in a tourney. Funny thing about college baseball is that kids don’t seem to flip a whole lot, once they commit to a school.

Great kid, great family. My daughter is friends with his little sister. His parents would have loved for him to played at Miami, but Auburn was on him since his Freshman summer in HS when they saw him play in a tourney. Funny thing about college baseball is that kids don’t seem to flip a whole lot, once they commit to a school.
This is so true.

Im interested to see how the new rules change some of that

I have seen so many of the 'placeholder' commitments with underclass high-school players, it's just about bragging rights anymore

I'm curious if any of our 24' recruits can or will reclassify to 23' recruits and come in mid semester in January? I realize it's very difficult to do at most private schools, just trying to visualize my roster for next season.
I feel like our 23' recruits will make big impacts on the mound and in the field.

Advertisement
WWBA 17U this week, in Marietta

Lots of talent there, far too many to name.

Ole Miss Commit, but how do you miss a guy like this

Duke Commit, another miss out of IMG

Miami Commit, exciting prospect

ODU Commit, kid can hit

I’m as anti-Gino/JD as anyone, but aren’t those kids “misses” for everyone except the schools they committed to?

Runs a 6.44 at 6'5 with a 97 mph fastball at 17? Freakshow.
Yeah I’ll be shocked if by this time next year he isn’t getting top 15 buzz. Maybe higher. I guess the only knocks would be what position and he’s a touch pull happy…but I’m knit picking. You take a kid with that frame and tool set

Advertisement
I’m as anti-Gino/JD as anyone, but aren’t those kids “misses” for everyone except the schools they committed to?
Great question. I don’t know enough about baseball recruiting to comment. It seems like schools lock in early to certain kids and don’t really look around after that. Same with kids.

We need a ton of arms, so let's get weird with it. Gimme the Constantin Popa of the mound

MFer gotta be halfway to homeplate at 7’2

Edit: turns out that doesn’t help, has a 20 ERA last season on 4ip. And has never pitched over 8 innings in career

Advertisement

Edit: turns out that doesn’t help, has a 20 ERA last season on 4ip. And has never pitched over 8 innings in career
So he'll fit right in?

Sounds like he'd fit right in ;)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back