Baseball Recruiting

Advertisement
Meridian Leffew a 2026 from NC committed last night. Has made a few big leaps over the past year. But still just a young kid. Long way away. Just dropping some info.
I guess you dont know about the latest NCAA rules...

BTW 2026 kids have no committable offer, just a mythological placeholder on a roster.

I guess you dont know about the latest NCAA rules...

BTW 2026 kids have no committable offer, just a mythological placeholder on a roster.
I know all about it it will be approved next week. I hate these commits. I think the new rule will slow this down and over time the portal may slow down as well as well.

Just posting what I see or hear.

Looking at our 2023 recruits, Perfect Game says we have 4 top 100 recruits, but we actually have 8 guys that are 9.5-10 on the PG scale. If even half of them come play for Miami and don't go pro, we will have some serious talent coming in next season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230421-204923_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230421-204923_Chrome.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 80
Looking at our 2023 recruits, Perfect Game says we have 4 top 100 recruits, but we actually have 8 guys that are 9.5-10 on the PG scale. If even half of them come play for Miami and don't go pro, we will have some serious talent coming in next season.
Cuvet and Santana are absolute studs. Only chance Cuvet gets on campus next year is to watch a Canes hoops game. Kid is projected 2nd rounder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait, I thought top recruits don't want to come to Miami because the tuition is too high? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Cuvet and Santana are absolute studs. Only chance Cuvet gets on campus next year is to watch a Canes hoops game. Kid is projected 2nd rounder.
Yeah it will be very interesting to see who of the 8 guys come to campus. Interestingly both Shortstops Santana and Jiminez are rated a 10 and are switch hitters.

Really hope we can keep Adrian Santana & Antonio Jimenez.

Those 2 are Elite caliber Defensive Infielders at SS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know all about it it will be approved next week. I hate these commits. I think the new rule will slow this down and over time the portal may slow down as well as well.

Just posting what I see or hear.
Oh no...the portal will keep booming

I mean why waste time recruiting arms when you find a guy in the portal that has D1 experience.

Would you rather take a kid out of high school throwing 94 with a good slider and a decent change up...or the same kid with the same stuff that has already spent a couple of years in a college program...

Look at Rosario..the kid obviously has the best stuff of all the pitchers we have..but he can't put it all together on a regular basis.

High school pitchers almost always rely on the fastball if they are in the mid 90s. Even if they have a really good breaker..because when they can't command the off speed, high school kids normally aren't hitting the mid 90s FB. Especially if you good arm side run with the 2 seam.

According to Baseball America, we have 4 commits in the Top 300 in the upcoming MLB draft.
53. Adrian Santana SS
125. Daniel Cuvet 3B
185. Tayshaun Walton OF
295. Brandon Olivera RHP

Advertisement
Back