Baseball Recruiting

Seems we've done better recently in getting the top 10 round types who want to go to school or are late bloomers (Ligon, Ziehl, Carrier, etc last class). Smaller draft and NIL $$ should help.

I'd imagine we have no shot at Green.

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 10.29.51 PM.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tate is legit. Trains at Ascent who he listed. Rob Rabena is an Eric Cressey disciple so he is great with arms. He was our GA when I was an asst at a D2 up in PA and we saw great results in just that 1 year he was with us.

Gloucester Cath is a legit private program in S Jersey. D1 guys yearly. Hard nosed kids too. They play at a very average field, no bells and whistles. I wouldnt be surprised by the time this kid gets to campus he has another 2-3 MPH in him and can help from Day 1. He will have a very high baseball IQ. Gloucester Catholic practices are old school.

Tate is legit. Trains at Ascent who he listed. Rob Rabena is an Eric Cressey disciple so he is great with arms. He was our GA when I was an asst at a D2 up in PA and we saw great results in just that 1 year he was with us.

Gloucester Cath is a legit private program in S Jersey. D1 guys yearly. Hard nosed kids too. They play at a very average field, no bells and whistles. I wouldnt be surprised by the time this kid gets to campus he has another 2-3 MPH in him and can help from Day 1. He will have a very high baseball IQ. Gloucester Catholic practices are old school.
Great stuff. Thanks for this info.

Advertisement
Jake Lodgek committed. Another S. Jersey kid. Plays at Mainland HS where Chase Petty (1st round pick this year who throws 100+) pitched. Also trains at the same place as Chase did. They do a great job with arms. 2024 commit Howard Tate DeRias Trains there as well.

Devin Diaz 2026 Catcher committed. Iona Prep kid in NY. I hate these young commits but he has really advanced tools behind the dish for his age. Still very young and only about 5’7 160. But if he fills out and his bat catches his arm he will be a good one.

Devin Diaz 2026 Catcher committed. Iona Prep kid in NY. I hate these young commits but he has really advanced tools behind the dish for his age. Still very young and only about 5’7 160. But if he fills out and his bat catches his arm he will be a good one.
Want to see a solid catcher, check this kid out

Thats an impressive looking soph. He has the frame to be 215 by the time he is a Soph in college. Some juice in the swing that will get better in the coming years and on his throws he has the arm strength he just comes out and around throws thats an easy fix and could likely just be a 15 year old who is still getting stronger and thats how his body creates power. I didnt see any 60 times but he moves well. Probably a sub 6.9 guy so it gives him options beyond catching. Maybe a move to 3B as he fills out.

If he plays for the Canes National I am sure he is getting heavy interest on the east coast.

Advertisement
Back